• The KillerFrogs

2021-2022 Transfer Portal Thread

Nick Danger

Well, it looks like this is going to be one of the hot threads for awhile, so I thought I'd get it back up near the top. We could have a pool where everyone can predict who the 20 Portal transfers will be. Whoever gets the most correct guesses/wishes wins! Start discussing it amongst yourselves.

Palliative Care

In the business world retaining good employee is less costly than continuing to bring in new ones. For a football program losing a lot of players each year would be a concern and would need addressed unless it the initial year of a new regime in which case turn over is expected and can be rewarding.

westoverhillbilly

Almost all of the guys we've lost this year seem to be guys that produce on the field alot, exception arguably being Evans due to injury and some kind of reasoning to limit his carries (perhaps due to his not wanting to risk injury).. Maybe this will be some new way of culling the herd and those that best understand how to trade up and not sideways or down will prosper.. Our being in a major city hopefully will draw well..

Froggish

In the business world retaining good employee is less costly than continuing to bring in new ones. For a football program losing a lot of players each year would be a concern and would need addressed unless it the initial year of a new regime in which case turn over is expected and can be rewarding.
I think double digit portal kids will be the norm for most schools. In fact the NCAA has already made an over signing allowance for replacing up to 7 kids every year in the portal. Before next fall there is expected to be 3000+ players in the portal. It’s no longer being looked at as a problem. Most schools now see it as the solution

Toad Jones

Yes, fans loved Spike, but working for him, at least administratively, was an entirely different story, especially if you were a woman (emotionally speaking, not otherwise). This, according to a she-friend of mine.
That was Spike if proven, this is Sonny and none of that has surfaced. To be fair about it.

FrogBall09

BTW as we speak right now, there are twenty five (25) five star players in the transfer portals.
??? - there are two per 247

Ewers and Eli Ricks who committed to Bama

Interestingly - ZE is the 5th highest rated player but the first one that has been downgraded from his ranking out of HS

Toad Jones

Gone to North Carolina
North Carolina
Especially kids with 3 years of eligibility
Yes, especially the smaller high schools.
??? - there are two per 247

Ewers and Eli Ricks who committed to Bama

Interestingly - ZE is the 5th highest rated player but the first one that has been downgraded from his ranking out of HS
Sports radio guys are saying 25 nationally. No disrespect to our local 247 guy but 247 overall is not what they used to be!. Believe the originator of 247 has started another recruiting service under a new name. Something like A-20. Not sure about name, look it up if interested.

Shorty

Gone to North Carolina

North Carolina

Sports radio guys are saying 25 nationally. No disrespect to our local 247 guy but 247 overall is not what they used to be!. Believe the originator of 247 has started another recruiting service under a new name. Something like A-20. Not sure about name, look it up if interested.
Wrong Carolina

FrogBall09

Gone to North Carolina

North Carolina

ummm - they are one of two services that most people use to determine who is a 5 star - so what the sports radio guy made up his own rating service? or just made up his own number?

Even with the COVID year - there are still only something like 130 five star players in the entire country playing football - and given the percentage of those that start, I can't see how anyone would expect to have 20% of them in the portal.

Moose Stuff

Gone to North Carolina

North Carolina

This post is a disaster.

helcap

By my count there are nine 5* based upon their high school recruiting ranking who have entered the portal (from PFF)
Ewers QB-OSU
Rattler QB-OU
Ricks DB-LSU
Evans RB-TCU
Lewis LB-Maryland
Nix QB-Auburn
Haselwood WR-OU
Wease WR-OU
Foster DB-Texas

FrogBall09

By my count there are nine 5* based upon their high school recruiting ranking who have entered the portal (from PFF)
Ewers QB-OSU
Rattler QB-OU
Ricks DB-LSU
Evans RB-TCU
Lewis LB-Maryland
Nix QB-Auburn
Haselwood WR-OU
Wease WR-OU
Foster DB-Texas
guys like Nix are interesting - not sure I put grad transfers in the same bucket with undergrads since that is not a new exception. but he even is a "no contact" transfer, meaning he already knows where he is going and is not open to recruiting. Guess he didn't announce to avoid scaring off some HS QB that his new school was also recruiting since he only has a year left.

Feel like Foster is why HS ratings become irrelevant once you hit the field in college

Last edited: