• The KillerFrogs

POLL: After the loss of Schloss, who's next?

Poll: TCU's Next Baseball Coach

• Kirk Saarloos

Votes: 125 73.1%
  • Bill Mosiello

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Todd Whitting

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Dan Heefner

Votes: 32 18.7%
  • Cliff Godwin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None of the above

Votes: 12 7.0%

• Total voters

tcumaniac

From what has been presented here regarding Heefner and his convictions and principles, I believe it highly unlikely that he would leave his present position. He is happy there, in an environment which suits his philosophy and zeal. TCU is not that place now, and getting further from it on a daily basis...
In the name of inclusive excellence, I wish you would be more considerate of the pronouns you use for Heefner. Very presumptuous and patriarchally of you to assume they's preferred pronouns are he / his.

flyfishingfrog

O.K., o Great Sage of the Unknown, what were these Mysterious Demands?

It's all over now. "The hen has been eaten." No more need for whispering, or furtive glances into the shadows.

Firstly, JS lied to us about contacting A&M. He has been in contact with them for weeks, as it turns out. He checked out on this program, and his players. These facts have evaporated every reservoir of sympathy I may have had for him.

So, tell. Spill the beans. Confess. We're waiting...
to be a Frog until he retires - so extend his deal that ends in less than 2 years to 8.

I am sure he asked for a raise - no idea how much but guessing it was less than what he will get from Aggy and close to what we will have to pay any coach work their salt. besides - the entire range for the top 10 paid coaches is around $300k so not exactly football coaching money differences.

and to have the facility upgrades he has been promised since CDC actually done -the same request he had in 2018 that has never happened. No tear down and build new stadium - but some upgrades that I am guessing any player or fan that goes to a lot of games would agree are needed for a stadium that was originally build 18 years ago and has had only one expansion of anything since then.

It is not like he was going to ask for us to buy his new lakehouse or a helicopter to fly in from Eagle Mountain.

He probably wanted to stay in the White House and not pay taxes ever again in there somewhere.....

It will never come out what exactly the sticking point was - but I would be shocked if it was an unreasonable demand for a coach that has had his success.

tcumaniac

Agree the “blame donati” crowd is grasping at straws. Schloss has wanted out for 3 years. Now he is. He couldn’t be kept, and in hindsight now it’s pretty obvious.
I don't know if it's fair to say Schloss has necessary wanted out. I think his first preference would have been for TCU to make the commitment to baseball he was asking of them.

I can only assume the dream scenario for Schloss would have been for TCU to build a brand new ball park in Fort Worth on par with other elite programs and for him to have finished his career here with numerous CWS championships. I highly doubt his first choice was to leave the remarkable legacy and program he's built here behind.

flyfishingfrog

If I was betting on it right now I’d put my money on Heefner to TCU and Kirk to Fullerton.
You would know Heefner a lot better than I would for sure - I just know he has been offered other jobs and showed little interest.

But then they were not 20 miles down the highway - which may be a big deal to a man with 5 kids (or whatever he has now) that are all still around the house.

Moose Stuff

You would know Heefner a lot better than I would for sure - I just know he has been offered other jobs and showed little interest.

But then they were not 20 miles down the highway - which may be a big deal to a man with 5 kids (or whatever he has now) that are all still around the house.

I’m not super confident in either prediction I made. Just where I’m leaning.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
to be a Frog until he retires - so extend his deal that ends in less than 2 years to 8.

I am sure he asked for a raise - no idea how much but guessing it was less than what he will get from Aggy and close to what we will have to pay any coach work their salt. besides - the entire range for the top 10 paid coaches is around $300k so not exactly football coaching money differences.

and to have the facility upgrades he has been promised since CDC actually done -the same request he had in 2018 that has never happened. No tear down and build new stadium - but some upgrades that I am guessing any player or fan that goes to a lot of games would agree are needed for a stadium that was originally build 18 years ago and has had only one expansion of anything since then.

It is not like he was going to ask for us to buy his new lakehouse or a helicopter to fly in from Eagle Mountain.

He probably wanted to stay in the White House and not pay taxes ever again in there somewhere.....

It will never come out what exactly the sticking point was - but I would be shocked if it was an unreasonable demand for a coach that has had his success.
O.K. None of that seems completely out of the ordinary, or extreme in any way. This leads me to believe that something else was in the way that remains unspoken, and probably will stay that way.

Bob Sugar

Bring in Ron Washington. Win games.

giphy.gif

netty2424

actually what I said is he didn't have an agent - so therefore there was no "unofficial offer" route to go with him - either he was talking to them directly or they had not contacted him

and the guy had a list of what he wanted, it was not crazy and we could not get it done - so a HOF coach just left town.

A lot of that is on Schloss - but who exactly do you think was responsible for the rest of not getting a deal done if it isn't our AD?

and 2003 wasn't 21 years ago - but if that is your logic, I guess ADJD should tell GMFP to pack it up and Bama should be looking for a replacement of Saban because it must getting old winning all the time after 15 years....stupid
The agent statement still makes no sense. There’s no reason TAM couldn’t directly offer JS, which apparently happened, further proving that statement false.

Please tell me why Donati would take JS list and simply say no? Doesn’t make a lot of sense to just say no, without cause.

Maybe he knew JS had one foot out the door regardless if that “list” were completed or not.

Maybe that list wasn’t feasible at the moment as Donati’s superiors are ultimately the ones to put a stamp on them moving forward.

Maybe Donati knew JS was leaving long ago and decided that list would be for the next coach to decide on.

And I said maybe that’s too long for some. Did not say everyone. GP may be perfectly content staying here another 10 years. Who knows. JS obviously was not.

Latest posts