1. The KillerFrogs

POLL: After the loss of Schloss, who's next?

Discussion in 'Scott & Wes Frog Fan Forum' started by TopFrog, Jun 9, 2021.

?

Poll: TCU's Next Baseball Coach

1. Kirk Saarloos

125 vote(s)
    73.1%
  2. Bill Mosiello

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  3. Todd Whitting

1 vote(s)
    0.6%
  4. Dan Heefner

32 vote(s)
    18.7%
  5. Cliff Godwin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. None of the above

12 vote(s)
    7.0%
  1. #1 TopFrog, Jun 9, 2021
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
    Saarloos and Mosiello are good candidates.

Dallas Baptist's Dan Heefner mentioned, along with East Carolina head coach Cliff Godwin. Another is Houston's Todd Whitting with his previous TCU ties, but the program there is floundering the last few years including a very disappointing season this year.

Any of those? Who else? Who do you like for the next head baseball coach?

My early vote is for Saarloos.

2. Make Heefner tell you no before considering anyone else

Farmfrog, Punter1, mc1502 and 9 others like this.
  3. This.

jake102 likes this.
  4. Just added a poll.

5. DBU coach. Easy decision.

Bob Sugar and jake102 like this.
  6. I thought this poll was going to be which coach is going to leave us next

7. No to Mo

it’ll be Heefner or Saarloos by the end of the week.

8. You guys are funny if you think an AD who can’t keep our existing coach is going to get someone else’s to come here….

It will be Saarloos

9. Godwin would not be a good culture fit here imo

10. So you’re thinking DBU loses to UVA quickly?

Frog-O-Rama and froginmn like this.
  11. Make Heefner tell you yes. And if that includes making TCU students attend chapel once a week, that’s fine. Maybe even beneficial for all involved.

PurplFrawg, tcudoc, Farmfrog and 5 others like this.
  12. I don’t think Heefner ends up here but would love to be wrong. Would also love to be wrong in thinking that Saarloos isn’t the right guy

Farmfrog and Paint It Purple like this.
  13. Can we at least call Tim Tadlock after they get embarrassed in the supers? We can show him what real big 12 baseball (fans, atmosphere, facilities, money) is like

14. I know he is a little older and seems stuck, but I would be happy with Gary Gilmore.

15. A few days ago, it was “no agent, no way he’s talking to A&M.”

Now it’s all Donati’s fault. If he hires Sarloos, the Donati haters will say he should’ve hired outside. If he hires outside, the haters will say he should’ve hired Sarloos. No win situation.

21 years in any one place is a long time. Too long for some.

YA, TCUdirtbag and BrewingFrog like this.
  16. Is Wayne Graham still available?

HG73 likes this.
  17. Don’t want Heefner, his extreme rules for outside of baseball would not work here. It’s a lot more than going to chapel once a week. I think Schlossnagle had lost some respect in Fort Worth with fans and players because what he was preaching ended up not being what he was practicing. I think Saarloos will get the job and the program will be fine.

hometown frog and First Tee Frog like this.
  18. Pitching, pitching, pitching is the name of the game. I think that makes Saarloos the favorite.

19. Ah, good point. In that case, the longer this drags out, the more likely Heefner is showing interest.

20. Agree the “blame donati” crowd is grasping at straws. Schloss has wanted out for 3 years. Now he is. He couldn’t be kept, and in hindsight now it’s pretty obvious.

illini_frog, YA, netty2424 and 5 others like this.