• The KillerFrogs

POLL: After the loss of Schloss, who's next?

Poll: TCU's Next Baseball Coach

• Kirk Saarloos

Votes: 125 73.1%
  • Bill Mosiello

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Todd Whitting

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • Dan Heefner

Votes: 32 18.7%
  • Cliff Godwin

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • None of the above

Votes: 12 7.0%

• Total voters

Paint It Purple

I don’t think Heefner ends up here but would love to be wrong. Would also love to be wrong in thinking that Saarloos isn’t the right guy
Don't get me wrong, I like what we've seen from KS. I'm guessing he's a good baseball mind. College head coach? His only role model has been JS. Which isn't bad...it's just hard to duplicate sometimes.

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
From what has been presented here regarding Heefner and his convictions and principles, I believe it highly unlikely that he would leave his present position. He is happy there, in an environment which suits his philosophy and zeal. TCU is not that place now, and getting further from it on a daily basis...

Pharm Frog

Pitching, pitching, pitching is the name of the game. I think that makes Saarloos the favorite.

Not going anywhere near the offense v pitching comparative value thing but I will ask this: Other than reputation, what lately has KS done with the pitching that makes you jump up and down? Have pitchers progresses, regressed, or stayed about the same? Have expectations been met or exceeded when new talent arrives? I can see varying points of view myself but I do think its something that is not as clear cut as some would like to believe.

Last edited:

Pharm Frog

Ah, good point. In that case, the longer this drags out, the more likely Heefner is showing interest.

And in the meantime, what if KS is offered the Fullerton job and takes it? Have NO idea if this is even remotely possible but worth considering that even your in-house lock may not be "as locked" as you think.

EDIT: Damnit Moose....how'd you beat me to the Fullerton angle?

Moose Stuff

A few days ago, it was “no agent, no way he’s talking to A&M.”

Now it’s all Donati’s fault. If he hires Sarloos, the Donati haters will say he should’ve hired outside. If he hires outside, the haters will say he should’ve hired Sarloos. No win situation.

21 years in any one place is a long time. Too long for some.

I would agree. Blaming JD for this is weak.

Moose Stuff

And in the meantime, what if KS is offered the Fullerton job and takes it? Have NO idea if this is even remotely possible but worth considering that even your in-house lock may not be "as locked" as you think.

EDIT: Damnit Moose....how'd you beat me to the Fullerton angle?

I know a little birdie.

flyfishingfrog

Now it’s all Donati’s fault. If he hires Sarloos, the Donati haters will say he should’ve hired outside. If he hires outside, the haters will say he should’ve hired Sarloos. No win situation.

actually what I said is he didn't have an agent - so therefore there was no "unofficial offer" route to go with him - either he was talking to them directly or they had not contacted him

and the guy had a list of what he wanted, it was not crazy and we could not get it done - so a HOF coach just left town.

A lot of that is on Schloss - but who exactly do you think was responsible for the rest of not getting a deal done if it isn't our AD?

and 2003 wasn't 21 years ago - but if that is your logic, I guess ADJD should tell GMFP to pack it up and Bama should be looking for a replacement of Saban because it must getting old winning all the time after 15 years....stupid

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
actually what I said is he didn't have an agent - so therefore there was no "unofficial offer" route to go with him - either he was talking to them directly or they had not contacted him

and the guy had a list of what he wanted, it was not crazy and we could not get it done - so a HOF coach just left town.

A lot of that is on Schloss - but who exactly do you think was responsible for the rest of not getting a deal done if it isn't our AD?

and 2003 wasn't 21 years ago - but if that is your logic, I guess ADJD should tell GMFP to pack it up and Bama should be looking for a replacement of Saban because it must getting old winning all the time after 15 years....stupid
O.K., o Great Sage of the Unknown, what were these Mysterious Demands?

It's all over now. "The hen has been eaten." No more need for whispering, or furtive glances into the shadows.

Firstly, JS lied to us about contacting A&M. He has been in contact with them for weeks, as it turns out. He checked out on this program, and his players. These facts have evaporated every reservoir of sympathy I may have had for him.

So, tell. Spill the beans. Confess. We're waiting...

NewFrogFan

In 2001 when I started on this forum the same type of talk was directed at GP.