• The KillerFrogs

2021 Frog Baseball (General)

FWSTC Hfrog

LSU's Paul Mainieri to retire. This is a real threat to Schloss' leaving.
IF offered, I don't know that he could turn this one down. Everyone wants this job.

Eight

LSU's Paul Mainieri to retire. This is a real threat to Schloss' leaving.
IF offered, I don't know that he could turn this one down. Everyone wants this job.

the job has definite advantages over the tcu job in terms of support, cost of school, etc...but is it considered an elite job because what was done there before everyone else in the sec west went nuts with spending or is it truly an elite job?

TCUdirtbag

Sure not “everyone” wants LSU. Almost all will listen. And I can’t imagine any head coaches would admit it wasn’t a top 5 job. Almost all would agree top 3. And if asked to exclude their current job, I bet a clear majority would say it’s the best job in college baseball.

It’s a damn good job. It has history, fans, resources, culture, etc.

They’re likely to land whoever they want. And I don’t think you can blame any coach for taking the job.

Pharm Frog

Sure not “everyone” wants LSU. Almost all will listen. And I can’t imagine any head coaches would admit it wasn’t a top 5 job. Almost all would agree top 3. And if asked to exclude their current job, I bet a clear majority would say it’s the best job in college baseball.

It’s a damn good job.

I agree that it’s a Top 3 job but and everyone “should” listen to them if they called. That said, BR is not for everyone and many know that. That would limit who actually “wants” that job. I wouldn’t be surprised if they look in the pro ranks.

Eight

It’s truly elite

curious, what advantages does lsu bring that you wouldn't have at say florida, vandy, or even arkansas now?

all have nice facilities, fan support, resources, etc...

people on this site say college station is a [ Finebaum ] hole, but i would live there before baton rouge. baton rouge is basically the ship channel area of houston with a college stuck in it.

the conference is brutal and i am not sure how realistic that fanbase is as they remind me of texas fans who don't realize other schools are now pumping money into their programs