• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: Short Lines for Beer Edition

AroundWorldFrog

Dear lord, normally I refrain from this, but you are such and idiot I feel the need to call you out, he was 11-3 less than two years ago and finished 9th in the nation. Yes, you are absolutely right lets fire him, because all the upcoming coaches are chomping at the bit to come to TCU.
We'll have had 5 abysmal years and 3 good years in the Big 12.

Eight

Yes easily, all the big league coaches are dying to come to TCU.

difference in expecting this program to compete for national titles every year and to expect this program to try to compete for the big 12.

if we are merely happy with what we achieved and recall fondly of better times we should have stayed in the mwc.

not calling for gary's job, only that things are headed in the wrong direction, they have been headed for three years, and the idea that no other coach would be interested in us is the very type of thinking that helped bury this program for decades

Mean Purple

Dear Lord, you can't read. Folks are fine with keeping GP. And if he makes changes, fine. But if he does not, and we have another season like this, than he has to answer for it.
Also, we had SMU's wonder HC on staff helping with Offense. But the drops were still going on then.

Frostie

defense has not been same without the stache.
The stache was here primarily during the non BCS years, .when we beat up on inferior teams. He was only here the first two years of the B12 years, you must be a liberal all you post are emotions and not facts. Btw, TCUs all time bowl record is 17-16-1, care to guess who has won 11 of those?

Frostie

difference in expecting this program to compete for national titles every year and to expect this program to try to compete for the big 12.

if we are merely happy with what we achieved and recall fondly of better times we should have stayed in the mwc.

not calling for gary's job, only that things are headed in the wrong direction, they have been headed for three years, and the idea that no other coach would be interested in us is the very type of thinking that helped bury this program for decades
We have a freaking true freshman qb, as he matures TCU will improve, you live and die by the QB in college, next year you guys will be singing Gary's praises. Do not get me wrong, this is painful but I can see with clarity what is causing the majority of this

Mean Purple

The stache was here primarily during the non BCS years, .when we beat up on inferior teams. He was only here the first two years of the B12 years, you must be a liberal all you post are emotions and not facts. Btw, TCUs all time bowl record is 17-16-1, care to gess who has won 11 of those?
oh, you mean like the fact that we are working on our 5th year in 8 for getting a losing conference record?

Frostie

oh, you mean like when someone calls people idiots when they point the realities out of the season? yeah, that would be you, pal.
by the way, again, we are working on our 5 season of the last 8 where we have a losing conf. record.
They said it would take five years to build the depth we needed to compete in the B12, Patterson did it in two years.

Mean Purple

They said it would take five years to build the depth we needed to compete in the B12, Patterson did it in two years.
Generally, you want your depth to not be so inexperienced and have some stick when they come in the game.
Tell you what, while you are building that shrine to GP there, can you tell us if that is where they keep all the time outs he refuses to call at the end of halves when we need to try and get in scoring position?

Frostie

Generally, you want your depth to not be so inexperienced and have some stick when they come in the game.
Tell you what, while you are building that shrine to GP there, can you tell us if that is where they keep all the time outs he refuses to call at the end of halves when we need to try and get in scoring position?
SMDH, not building a shrine for CGP, just calling out we are the third or fourth choice for most athletes, most want to play for the big state schools, this is a fact. All I am saying is Gary has done a great job with the hand he has been dealt.

tetonfrog

Calm down.

It is OK to disagree with each other. Stop attacking each other.

Mercy.

It was a disappointing, upsetting day in a season that has been tough to swallow. The only thing that is worse than watching our team lose to BU is watching our fans attack each other.

Eight

We have a freaking true freshman qb, as he matures TCU will improve, you live and die by the QB in college, next year you guys will be singing Gary's praises. Do not get me wrong, this is painful but I can see with clarity what is causing the majority of this

how many DROPPED touchdown passes did the freshman qb have today?

how many times did that freshman quarterback half heartedly take on a blitzing defender today?

how many times did that freshman quarterback fail to get a push along the line of scrimmage today?

you can recite gil's article verbatium, but that doesn't change the fact that the players who struggled offensively to day were not the freshman quarterback.

max was the guy making plays and not dropping passes.

dropped passes have been a problem for years and that is not a by product of a freshman quarterback, but the players and coaches who allow it.

bad routes have been a problem for years and this is not a by product of a freshman quarterback, but the players and coaches who allow it.

an offensive line with three seniors, a junior and a red-shirt freshman who struggle in passing blocking and get little to no push at times in the run game are not a by product of a freshman quarterback

frostie, i thought you were better than this, to even play the true freshman card as a possible reason for this loss is nothing short of ridiculous.

oh....i remembered one. was the freshman quarterback on the field when baylor converted a fake punt deep in their end? sure the only time that has happened is when the frogs have had a freshman quarterback

Last edited:

Eight

SMDH, not building a shrine for CGP, just calling out we are the third or fourth choice for most athletes, most want to play for the big state schools, this is a fact. All I am saying is Gary has done a great job with the hand he has been dealt.

if it is such an uphill climb, if the deck is so stacked against gary why stay?

he had chances to go elsewhere so why not go if things are that hard at tcu?

coaching isn't marriage where you have made a vow.

Mean Purple

Calm down.

It is OK to disagree with each other. Stop attacking each other.

Mercy.

It was a disappointing, upsetting day in a season that has been tough to swallow. The only thing that is worse than watching our team lose to BU is watching our fans attack each other.
who is not calm here? you can tell how people feel by what they type on a social forum? maybe you should address that to the folks calling folks names.
Some dang good psych work, there.