• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: Horned Frogs vs Cowboys

Salfrog

Tier 1
Don't recall you posting things like that. Doubt anybody wants GP fired. But the fact that changes were not made after last year, if he is not willing to cut some dead weight on staff, he could face some big questions.

He is not paid that amount to put regressing squads on the field. Close don't cut it. We were lucky OSU screwed the pooch on a drive, or we would have still lost by 14.

I agree with this completely, and he does need to be held accountable. LVN was the one that said I have wanted GP fired since '17. I was just wanting to see the quote. If I did actually say that, then my apologies.

CountryFrog

I've mentioned this before … Many of those mistakes you mentioned have been going on for a number of years now. You mentioned that it is on the coach to get them ready, but it does not seem like they are getting the problem areas improved to an acceptable level. And those are things that should be fixed before the season.
Certainly something to be said for that when it's happening time and time again. I was just speaking to this single game.

LVH

jammed/dislocated finger, maybe? pop in in place? could still be an issue if so. Hopefully he is fine.

Jammed fingers hurt really bad at the time but heal quickly. I jammed mine catching kicks before the New Mexico game in 2009 and thought it was broken and all that but I was fine a couple days later. My finger to this day is still bent at a 45 degree angle

Mean Purple

Jammed fingers hurt really bad at the time but heal quickly. I jammed mine catching kicks before the New Mexico game in 2009 and thought it was broken and all that but I was fine a couple days later. My finger to this day is still bent at a 45 degree angle
have the same bend in a finger from not getting may hand on the ball well. lol.
But would it be a bigger issue if you are throwing the ball? I had to have my fingers taped up for more than a week.

Note: I do appreciate the extra reach I have not when playing the guitar.

Mean Purple

Certainly something to be said for that when it's happening time and time again. I was just speaking to this single game.
In this one game - and I can't remember now - but if we had a better mix of plays and did not have to rely on times for certain low percentage passes, would that not help with the turnovers? (meaning less of a chance for them to happen?)

LVH

have the same bend in a finger from not getting may hand on the ball well. lol.
But would it be a bigger issue if you are throwing the ball? I had to have my fingers taped up for more than a week.

Note: I do appreciate the extra reach I have not when playing the guitar.

In my experience my fingers were fine to throw, lift, etc. no more than 2 or 3 days after.

Froggish

I cordially invite everyone to flip your channels over to the Memphis (Norvell) vs SMU (Dykes) game so you can all be reminded of what offenses are supposed to look like

LVH

I cordially invite everyone to flip your channels over to the Memphis (Norvell) vs SMU (Dykes) game so you can all be reminded of what offenses are supposed to look like

And at the same time you will want to vomit over their defenses

EDIT: As I type this Memphis had 1st and Goal at the 1 and couldnt punch it in

Memphis player dropped an open TD pass on 3rd down. I guess real offenses have drops too

Mean Purple

Well, SMU stalled on their first drive and Memphis went to the goal line and is now possibly kicking for 3 after the ball went through the hands of their guy at the goal line on 3rd down.
So, great start so far.

Froggish

And at the same time you will want to vomit over their defenses

EDIT: As I type this Memphis had 1st and Goal at the 1 and couldnt punch it in

Memphis player dropped an open TD pass on 3rd down. I guess real offenses have drops too

One drive...Both of those offenses will go for 500 yards..Offense is more important than defense in today’s game..Football has flipped

LVH

One drive...Both of those offenses will go for 500 yards..Offense is more important than defense in today’s game..Football has flipped

2 offensive oriented teams have won a title in the last 20 years. Auburn in 2010 and Ohio State in 2014. Every other title winner has been defense first.

I bet you are the type of person who says games with final scores of 70-63 are great games played by both teams but final scores of 14-10 are horrible [ Finebaum ] tier games.

Plenty of teams go for massive offensive stats and yet still lose games... I bet you would have been satisfied with Texas Tech going 5-7 despite monster offensive stats under Kliff

Rose Bowl

For me this loss is on Duggans’ youth and the defense. Our defense gave up big play after big play and that’s unacceptable. I still don’t want Collins over Max.