• The KillerFrogs

Gameday Thread: Horned Frogs vs Cowboys

Mean Purple

2 offensive oriented teams have won a title in the last 20 years. Auburn in 2010 and Ohio State in 2014. Every other title winner has been defense first.

I bet you are the type of person who says games with final scores of 70-63 are great games played by both teams but final scores of 14-10 are horrible [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] tier games.

Plenty of teams go for massive offensive stats and yet still lose games... I bet you would have been satisfied with Texas Tech going 5-7 despite monster offensive stats under Kliff
Clemson was not defense "first" so to speak. Like Spurrier's Florida, it is a offense craze, they just have a great D coordinator (best in the country in my opinion).

Mean Purple

Nope..You don’t know me well. In my younger days I was a HS football coach...a Def coordinator actually. I love defense. The toughest OCs to defend against dictate pace and matchups to you. There is no chess match with SC. He has a pattern to how he calls a game. It’s almost comical.

20 scripts
What worked...Call that until the game is over. The problem is, he rarely makes adjustments but the guy on the other side of the field is. All of the sudden the few plays that worked earlier aren’t working anymore and people like us, watching tv, think the players aren’t executing. No the problem is that the defense is adjusting and SC. It’s a chess match where the Def Coord is making all the moves..It happens week after week. It’s predictable. There is no long play in Sonny. He is flying by the seat of his pants. One play never sets up another..

Again I don’t want TT shootouts. What I want is smart OC who understands how keep defenses off balance and how intelligently get his athletes in space..How to set a defense up. Every coordinator has a bad game...SC has 3 times as many as the good ones.

I'm glad a coach sees this. Was wondering if I was just imagining things. Because this has been happening for a long time. He is a rover's dream.

Mean Purple

Nope..You don’t know me well. In my younger days I was a HS football coach...a Def coordinator actually. I love defense. The toughest OCs to defend against dictate pace and matchups to you. There is no chess match with SC. He has a pattern to how he calls a game. It’s almost comical.

20 scripts
What worked...Call that until the game is over. The problem is, he rarely makes adjustments but the guy on the other side of the field is. All of the sudden the few plays that worked earlier aren’t working anymore and people like us, watching tv, think the players aren’t executing. No the problem is that the defense is adjusting and SC isn’t. It’s a chess match where the Def Coord is making all the moves..It happens week after week. It’s predictable. There is no long play in Sonny. He is flying by the seat of his pants. One play never sets up another..

Again I don’t want TT shootouts. What I want is smart OC who understands how keep defenses off balance and how intelligently get his athletes in space..How to set a defense up. Every coordinator has a bad game...SC has 3 times as many as the good ones.
Also, thanks for being part of the world that reminded me how easily I forgot something as a kid.
"How hard is it get the concept of "keep the action in front of me" for you?"
Yeah, heard that a couple of times. lol

netty2424

GP needs to make a change with offensive coaches. Including his friends.
Don’t see it happening with his friends. He’s only got a handful of years left himself, by his own admission I believe, and I don’t see him riding off into the sunset by himself while the guys that helped get him there are watching from an NAIA sideline trying to make it to retirement themselves.

HFrog1999

Easily one of the most overrated foods ever.

Instead of eating crap legs, I just eat butter

source.gif

20 scripts
What worked...Call that until the game is over. The problem is, he rarely makes adjustments but the guy on the other side of the field is. All of the sudden the few plays that worked earlier aren’t working anymore and people like us, watching tv, think the players aren’t executing. No the problem is that the defense is adjusting and SC isn’t. It’s a chess match where the Def Coord is making all the moves..It happens week after week. It’s predictable. There is no long play in Sonny. He is flying by the seat of his pants. One play never sets up another..

This is the content I was looking for.