• The KillerFrogs

FWST: If Alabama’s Jalen Hurts decides to transfer ... TCU could be “perfect landing spot”

jake102

Of note, the baseball player yelled those things (which were horrendous) in the middle of a football game with 90k fans in attendance or whatever.

Eight

I’m not commenting one way or the other - just stating what his argument is most likely going to be.

i didn't mean to infer you were making his case and apologize for coming across that way.

it is an argument the ncaa simply can not accept if they want to hold things together in regards to student transfer.

if they don't football and i would bet basketball become like baseball and other sports and they can not risk endangering their cash cows

what i would like to know is ohio state's position on this as being one of the schools that over signs and has players buried on their depth chart

Last edited:

SuperTFrog

Friendly reminder that Justin Rogers was the #43 player in the country and the #3 QB overall. The dude is a STUD. In the ideal world, Hurts comes in next year to lead us and then Rogers is fully healthy as a redshirt sophomore. I would feel great about the next 3-4 years if that were the case. Throw in Dugan who would undoubtedly get a chance and our future would look really bright.

asleep003

So SI has OU as the frontrunner for Hurts transfer destination... which may now be over since Kyler decided yesterday to stay for 2019. They have TCU and Miami as intriguing fits.

asleep003

Friendly reminder that Justin Rogers was the #43 player in the country and the #3 QB overall. The dude is a STUD. In the ideal world, Hurts comes in next year to lead us and then Rogers is fully healthy as a redshirt sophomore. I would feel great about the next 3-4 years if that were the case. Throw in Dugan who would undoubtedly get a chance and our future would look really bright.

Another reminder … Collins really pushed SR last August. Reports, that he had a better arm/more accurate(which he proved during the season)/quality feet... plus demonstrated a cooler head in his 4 starts. The only negative personally, besides modest experience, that he has yet to clip his Kip's Big Boy bangs... just kidding.

Last edited:

berryfrog95

Aug. 31: vs. Arkansas-Pine Bluff
Sept. 14:
at Purdue
Sept. 21: vs. SMU
Sept. 28: vs. Kansas
Oct. 5: at Iowa State
Oct. 17 (Thursday): at Kansas State
Oct. 26: vs. Texas
Nov. 2: at Oklahoma State
Nov. 9: vs. Baylor
Nov. 16: at Texas Tech
Nov. 23: at Oklahoma
Nov. 29 (Friday): vs. West Virginia

Wonder if Hurts is looking at schedules at all......I’m sure he is.

We could use him in the middle and end of schedule. That could allow Rogers to ease into playing time and Collins to spell where needed

Bob Sugar

Putting him and Rattler in the same locker room would be an unmitigated disaster.
giphy.gif

ATC Frog

Any freely available info out there on when Hurts might make his potential decision?

Tried a quick google and nothing really turned up. I also understand that this is where Moose makes his plug for 247 and I’m fine with that.

Moose Stuff

Any freely available info out there on when Hurts might make his potential decision?

Tried a quick google and nothing really turned up. I also understand that this is where Moose makes his plug for 247 and I’m fine with that.

Haha.... that info WAS discussed over there. Let’s just say relatively soon but nothing seems imminent (yet). He’s taking at least one visit and probably more. This kind of stuff is exactly why I subscribe FWIW.

ATC Frog

Haha.... that info WAS discussed over there. Let’s just say relatively soon but nothing seems imminent (yet). He’s taking at least one visit and probably more. This kind of stuff is exactly why I subscribe FWIW.

Appreciate even that little nugget of info. I understand I should probably subscribe over there, but I just never can bring myself to pull the trigger.

froginmn

Remember when UT asked Vince Young to spell where needed? His response was "W-e-a-r k-n-e-a-d-e-d"
My brother lived in the athletes dorm at a big school. A well known football player asked him how to spell much.

Completely straight faced, he answered "M-U-K".

Guy said "thanks man" and he never heard more about it.

gdu

His last 3 twitter follows are Miami-related. Looks like he may have unfollowed a TCU coach, too. Still follows Reagor and Kenny Hill.