• The KillerFrogs

FWST: If Alabama’s Jalen Hurts decides to transfer ... TCU could be “perfect landing spot”

Wexahu

It would have been really nice to have him given our current QB situation, but looking for a silver lining in probably not getting him he doesn't fit the mold of a run-and-shoot QB at all. I know we don't seem to run that offense much, if at all (honestly, I'm not really sure what offense we run), but give me a guy that first and foremost can pass the ball.

Eight

He was the head of the offense though, pretty safe to assume he had a say.

maybe, but the quarterback coach is listed as one of bama's two associate head coaches.

was it saban, was it locksley, was it the qb coach? no clue, no really worried as hurt will make his decision based upon what he believes is important for him.

i would like to see him at tcu, but i do think this is one of those situations where too many people are trying to connect dots and that isn't directed at you or anyone on this board, but the various media trying to be first.

FrogLifeYo

I get the Mayland connection but beyond that it makes almost no sense to me.
My guess is the appeal is that being asked to master a whole playbook in 7-8 months isn’t easy even for a 3 year QB...Maryland would have everything to do with the offensive system learning curve and the ability to get up to speed quickly

froginmn

he doesn't fit the mold of a run-and-shoot QB at all. I know we don't seem to run that offense much, if at all (honestly, I'm not really sure what offense we run), but give me a guy that first and foremost can pass the ball.

At times we've done something that resembles running.

idiot.gif

FrogLifeYo

Think he will follow Enos to Miami.
This looks like it has a lot of traction in the media...Incidentally isn’t it crazy how many coaches now Bama has lost...Even more then most years..I think we are witnessing the end of the stranglehold of Bama

Eight

This looks like it has a lot of traction in the media...Incidentally isn’t it crazy how many coaches now Bama has lost...Even more then most years..I think we are witnessing the end of the stranglehold of Bama

i heard the number a few days back and forget it, but saban has basically turned his staff over 2-3 times.

nick supposedly is a miserable guy to work for, i guess he could be equated to the steve jobs of college football. he has changed the landscape in so many ways, has had great success, and i can't recall anyone saying he was a great guy to work for at alabama.

FrogLifeYo

i heard the number a few days back and forget it, but saban has basically turned his staff over 2-3 times.

nick supposedly is a miserable guy to work for, i guess he could be equated to the steve jobs of college football. he has changed the landscape in so many ways, has had great success, and i can't recall anyone saying he was a great guy to work for at alabama.
I mentioned it before but several coaches who have been at Bama have described it as an incubator. Nobody said they were there because of Nick is a fine human to work for.