• The KillerFrogs

You’re a classy program with a stud coach and classy fans!

brut85

Well with the size of our school and our long history....we have arguably one of the largest fanbases/alumni....which also correlates to a lot of trash...

Seriously, IRONICALLY ever since Urban destroyed us in 2006, and more recently Clemson, I am continually amazed how stupid cocky our fans (at least some) can be...I personally will forever watch what I say since the more confident I am, the more I can be surprised by how things can turn around...

And don't get me started on Iowa last year....I have no idea how games like that happen....

I just wish your fans could be a little less Baylor, but I guess that’s why every fan base outside of Ohio State was rooting for TCU.

WhoDatFrog

Hate to loose but I still think we are net ahead for playing the game.

We just went toe to toe with the a top 3 football team and Perhaps should have won

We had Game Day on Campus

Got 4 hours of a National TV audiences attention

I can guarantee you there are some recruits who watched that thinking they should be open back up to TCU..

I expect us to be really prepared for the Big12 and this to meen we finish really strong on the recruiting trail..if that happens, it’s a net win for the program

Agreed on all of those points.
& While not as important to our fans, don't forget the $5M in the plus column.

brut85

You're right....my bad, I should have remembered that....I'm just used to the SEC and BIG super conferences that have too many teams to do that....

Really that is the best way to go though....play everybody.
Why wouldn’t we play them? We play our entire conference every year. Seems like you should know that.

flyfishingfrog

If anything, the D showed how much we miss Ross Blacklock.
Yep - I keep hearing how they played the second half without their best Dlineman

Well we played the entire game without ours by most accounts - still took 3 quarters for their offense to score a TD and our O to give up 2 tds to lose

Ross would have made a difference- don’t know it would have been enough but it would have been different

MTfrog5

Yep - I keep hearing how they played the second half without their best Dlineman

Well we played the entire game without ours by most accounts - still took 3 quarters for their offense to score a TD and our O to give up 2 tds to lose

Ross would have made a difference- don’t know it would have been enough but it would have been different
I think it would have been huge just to keep everyone fresh. You can’t replace a player like him and he’s the type that makes everyone better

Purp

Well, not to be [ the old ricardo ]y, but I don't think you will face a more talented/well balanced offense....especially since Okie lost their running back. Thoughts?

Maybe Okie State if you play them?
You've got a good offense, no doubt. Dobbins just doesn't go down and you can't square him up. And Haskins can zip it all over the lawn.

But between OU, the Pokes, and WVU we will see at least 3 other offenses on your level. That Tech offense seems to have things humming right now too so they could be another tough one.

FrogLifeYo

You've got a good offense, no doubt. Dobbins just doesn't go down and you can't square him up. And Haskins can zip it all over the lawn.

But between OU, the Pokes, and WVU we will see at least 3 other offenses on your level. That Tech offense seems to have things humming right now too so they could be another tough one.

While this is true...None of those offenses will be able to run the ball and keep as clean a pocket as OSU did last night. However, They all have speed and really great play callers

Purp

While this is true...None of those offenses will be able to run the ball and keep as clean a pocket as OSU did last night. However, They all have speed and really great play callers
I disagree. OU lost a lot when Anderson went down, but Sermon is another great back and he's not the only one. The Pokes will run the ball too. They always do.

Also, Haskins saw a good amount of pressure. We had LBs and safeties blitzing from everywhere and Broadnax/Banogu spent a good amount of time in the backfield. I expect the same to happen against those other opponents, but those other QBs won't all be as uncomfortable scrambling.

Purp

The strip sack was on the LT, not the QB
Yep. Believe that was McKinney and I don't remember seeing him again after that.

Just watched the game on TV for the first time this morning and Fowler pointed out that the play should have been a safety instead of a TD. The recovering player had a foot out of bounds while touching the ball before it was secured. Terrible miss by the replay crew to not buzz that one down.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
Yep. Believe that was McKinney and I don't remember seeing him again after that.

Just watched the game on TV for the first time this morning and Fowler pointed out that the play should have been a safety instead of a TD. The recovering player had a foot out of bounds while touching the ball before it was secured. Terrible miss by the replay crew to not buzz that one down.
Are we sure it was a 'miss?'

/foil hat