• The KillerFrogs

You’re a classy program with a stud coach and classy fans!

Of course OSU should get more credit than TCU for the tv ratings.

But, and I'm no expert on how tv ratings work, I was surprised by the #'s when I multiplied a city's TV rating with its pop.

Columbus : rating of 41.1 x pop. of 860,090 =353,497

DFW: rating of 9.1 x pop. of 7,399,662 = 673,369

Again Im not sure if I'm doing this right, and certainly not saying TCU pulled more viewers than Ohio st, just that I'm pleasantly surprised by the DFW #'s.

https://247sports.com/college/ohio-...s-highest-rated-game-of-the-season-121995913/

I don’t get it at all either just happy to be in highly rated games can’t hurt recruiting.

Been wanting to make a profile here since yesterday to give you guys the due respect you deserve. Regardless of how the game turned out, I just wanted to let you guys know TCU has one hell of a team. Extremely fast, stingy and explosive. Very well coached team and last nights game was one of the best games ive been blessed to watch in a very long time.
I meant to say yesterday that I was very impressed with the way that your players conducted themselves on the field. They were all business and kept the jawing and show-boating to a minimum (I get that all of them will do this on TD plays, so I ignore that). It was a pretty clean game all around and both teams seemed to have a healthy respect for each other. We don't always see this from Baylor, Tech or OU, in particular...

Chongo94

Every game Ohio State plays in primetime is one of the highest rated games of the season. Kinda like how the game was in Arlington and the stadium was 70/30 Ohio State fans

giphy.gif

brut85

More respect to y'all and our game came from of all places Michigan fans....they were discussing how as much as them hating that we won, our game was evidence of why college football is the best thing....they appreciated the relative clean game, and the athleticism on both sides of the ball, and how both teams punched and counter punched and never gave up...

Love reading things like this from other fans...
Posting this to bump Steel's dumb thread off the main page.

Just wanted to say good game, TCU put up one helluva fight, more than a lot of OSU fans were expecting.

Hope you steam roll the Big 12, maybe we can see a rematch in the playoffs!
They’ll never let us in now. Were damaged goods from an inferior conference

But thanks for the sentiment

Honest question for the classy buckeye fans in this thread. How do you feel about having your current coach represent your school?

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Freebies? They earned those 100% by blowing up our offensive line like they did most of the night. Hats off to them. They were the better team last night.

Regardless of how it happens they were still freebies. The shovel issue came up earlier and Robinson read it. You don’t just toss it into a jail break.

Buckeye

Honest question for the classy buckeye fans in this thread. How do you feel about having your current coach represent your school?

I guess I’ll field this question, though there is a small voice in the back of my head yelling “It’s a trap!”. First and foremost, college football is a business. As such , I tend to view things a bit different. Meyer is good for business. He runs a top 3 national program. He (surprisingly) does a good job at bringing in higher character recruits, has a high graduation rate for players, and provides many tools for success after graduation. You don’t hear much of lying to recruits about position or playing time, but he does employ over-signing techniques and you see more and more medical redshirts as a result. As a whole, the program is run very well. There is always shadiness in college football, and I am sure OSU is no different in this regard, but it is par for the course in comparison to other top programs.

As far as recent events, I am somewhat in the middle of most opinions. I don’t believe personally that an employer is to blame for an employee’s domestic abuse. And in this case, I don’t think Urban deserves blame for covering up abuse or enabling it. It’s a matter for the police solely. Universities are not equipped for criminal investigation. The cops were involved 9 or 10 time with the Smith’s, with no DA charges being filed.

As for his actions, however, he clearly is showing that his ego is more important that being truthful. He continues to shirk responsibility and shows little remorse. He clearly took steps to minimize the impact of the investigation by deleting text messages. In addition, ZS was not a good coach and should have been fired on the merits of his performance years ago, with or without the obvious baggage. He was a disaster waiting to happen. Meyer is solely responsible for decisions to keep him on staff, and for that deserves applicable blame.

So how do I feel? I think he is a sketchy guy but not to the extent that social media and blogs want to make it out. College football is a business, and OSU made a business decision to keep him based in his job performance. If he was an underperforming coach, he no doubt would have been fired, but that speaks more to job performance. I think he does the job he is paid to do very well, but I don’t respect his character. I wrote a book here, but this is my perspective take.

I guess I’ll field this question, though there is a small voice in the back of my head yelling “It’s a trap!”. First and foremost, college football is a business. As such , I tend to view things a bit different. Meyer is good for business. He runs a top 3 national program. He (surprisingly) does a good job at bringing in higher character recruits, has a high graduation rate for players, and provides many tools for success after graduation. You don’t hear much of lying to recruits about position or playing time, but he does employ over-signing techniques and you see more and more medical redshirts as a result. As a whole, the program is run very well. There is always shadiness in college football, and I am sure OSU is no different in this regard, but it is par for the course in comparison to other top programs.

As far as recent events, I am somewhat in the middle of most opinions. I don’t believe personally that an employer is to blame for an employee’s domestic abuse. And in this case, I don’t think Urban deserves blame for covering up abuse or enabling it. It’s a matter for the police solely. Universities are not equipped for criminal investigation. The cops were involved 9 or 10 time with the Smith’s, with no DA charges being filed.

As for his actions, however, he clearly is showing that his ego is more important that being truthful. He continues to shirk responsibility and shows little remorse. He clearly took steps to minimize the impact of the investigation by deleting text messages. In addition, ZS was not a good coach and should have been fired on the merits of his performance years ago, with or without the obvious baggage. He was a disaster waiting to happen. Meyer is solely responsible for decisions to keep him on staff, and for that deserves applicable blame.

So how do I feel? I think he is a sketchy guy but not to the extent that social media and blogs want to make it out. College football is a business, and OSU made a business decision to keep him based in his job performance. If he was an underperforming coach, he no doubt would have been fired, but that speaks more to job performance. I think he does the job he is paid to do very well, but I don’t respect his character. I wrote a book here, but this is my perspective take.
Thanks for the reply. I understand your point of view. However, If urban were our coach or it came to light that LHCGMFP hated children and ate puppies I would but my swag in the back of the closet or goodwill bin and turn off my tv. Im sure he’s not perfect and we have had incidents over the years but IMO GP tries to do things the right way and winning football games is not always priority one.

hiphopfroggy

This all seems on point here, I don't see anything wrong with this.

Lone Frog

Putting the Urban thing aside for a moment, I would like to say I'm a little surprised by the Buckeye fans who came to our board. I was expecting a parade of arrogant buffoons (and there were a few), but most of the OSU fans who stopped by were good guests. Knowledgeable about college footbal, curious about our team and respectful after the game. All in all, a pleasant surprise.

WANG

I know it's a few days late, but to answer your questions, I feel fine about it.

Meyer isn't perfect, and he isn't blameless in what happened, but he isn't culpable either. As a fairly big OSU fan, I've looked through most of the information that has been released by the investigative committee, and the long and short of it is:

Meyer is being punished for not taking action against a troubled employee, but he did not have any knowledge of, or covered up any, domestic violence.

Now, you can choose to believe that or not (the extent of Meyer's knowledge), personally I believe it's a half truth. But as my Buckeye brethren on here already ex posited, is it Meyer's responsibility to be involved in the personal affairs of his employees OUTSIDE of work?

Additionally, it bares repeating that at no point were any charges ever filed against Smith. He was never arrested for DV or charged with it, and was arrested for breaking a restraining order which, if you look into it, seems to be a bit of a set up by his ex wife.

Smith is a garbage human being. His wife doesn't seem to be all that great either. They were toxic for each other. But none of that has any bearing on Meyer.

I am happy Meyer is still the coach at OSU, and to this date don't feel he did anything "wrong". He may not have done everything "right" and that's why he got suspended, but this notion from the media that he covered up DV for years is misguided.

Just my $.02.

Thanks again for being great hosts, best of luck the rest of the way. Kick the [ Finebaum ] out of Oklahoma, would ya???