• The KillerFrogs

You’re a classy program with a stud coach and classy fans!

MTfrog5

Yep. Believe that was McKinney and I don't remember seeing him again after that.

Just watched the game on TV for the first time this morning and Fowler pointed out that the play should have been a safety instead of a TD. The recovering player had a foot out of bounds while touching the ball before it was secured. Terrible miss by the replay crew to not buzz that one down.
Even worse that all scoring plays are reviewed so in theory they did look at it

FrogLifeYo

I disagree. OU lost a lot when Anderson went down, but Sermon is another great back and he's not the only one. The Pokes will run the ball too. They always do.

Also, Haskins saw a good amount of pressure. We had LBs and safeties blitzing from everywhere and Broadnax/Banogu spent a good amount of time in the backfield. I expect the same to happen against those other opponents, but those other QBs won't all be as uncomfortable scrambling.

I’m not saying those big 12 schools won’t or can’t run the ball. I’m simply saying they can’t do it a physically as Ohio ST can. They have plenty of speed and capable backs but OU, OSU, and WVU will absolutely NOT have the offensive line we saw last night. OU had a great line last year but it was helped greatly by Anderson. I can assure you that even OU fans are not sold on Sermon..I live in Oklahoma and hear it ever day. He’s physical but doesn’t have near Andersons explosiveness. Hill at OKie St is a straight up stud. My only point is that I think we’ll hold up very well against the run in conference because of the questionable offensive lines we’ll see. Not because of the RBs.

As for pressure we couldn’t get to Haskins without having to gamble with those creative blitz packages. I’m hoping Banogu and whoever is opposite him (Not convinced LJ is gonna keep the job) can force pressure without a ton of blitzing. That’s when our defense is at its best. We need pressure out of the front 4 without having to bring 6 all the time. In the Big 12 we’ll get bombed if we have to bring 6

netty2424

Mistakes doomed the Frogs.

I felt like TCU was outplaying OSU until the 3rd Q meltdown.

Give the Buckeyes credit: They took full advantage of those opportunities, and as such - they deserved to win.

Go Frogs!
I re-watched the game today and we were still very much in this game late in the 4th. It didn't feel that way to me at the game yesterday. This team is really good.

Been wanting to make a profile here since yesterday to give you guys the due respect you deserve. Regardless of how the game turned out, I just wanted to let you guys know TCU has one hell of a team. Extremely fast, stingy and explosive. Very well coached team and last nights game was one of the best games ive been blessed to watch in a very long time.

From this day on I discovered new respect for TCU. You have gained a new fan and I will be rooting for you guys the rest of the way. Robinson is a great QB and I believe you guys will iron out the mistakes and fix them. Iron sharpens iron. All these analysts and fans saying “TCU has no chance” were completely full of it. That was one hell of a game. Goodluck the rest of the way Horned Frogs. You scary!

Been wanting to make a profile here since yesterday to give you guys the due respect you deserve. Regardless of how the game turned out, I just wanted to let you guys know TCU has one hell of a team. Extremely fast, stingy and explosive. Very well coached team and last nights game was one of the best games ive been blessed to watch in a very long time.

From this day on I discovered new respect for TCU. You have gained a new fan and I will be rooting for you guys the rest of the way. Robinson is a great QB and I believe you guys will iron out the mistakes and fix them. Iron sharpens iron. All these analysts and fans saying “TCU has no chance” were completely full of it. That was one hell of a game. Goodluck the rest of the way Horned Frogs. You scary!
Thank you for your kind comments. Serious question here, though...why the new found respect? We’ve finished in the top 10 six of the last 10 years. Only OSU (8) and Bama (10) have done better than that. Oregon and OU both have six.

Thank you for your kind comments. Serious question here, though...why the new found respect? We’ve finished in the top 10 six of the last 10 years. Only OSU (8) and Bama (10) have done better than that. Oregon and OU both have six.

New found respect because we actually got a chance to play. I dont take seriously the fans who simply come out and say “We would have crushed TCU if we played in the ‘14 playoffs” or “TCU would have torched OSU”. I only find this respect after we play. Yes you can finish top ten like OSU has but that doesnt mean people find respect for our team until we meet in the gridiron. We finally did and I got to see first hand how powerful of a team TCU really is when matched up vs players I know what are capable of.

No matter how much talent you can have, anything can happen any give Saturday. Thats why we love college football. TCU is extremely well coached, extremely talented and they punched OSU right in the mouth. We traded blows and that game was a hell of alot closer than the score indicated. Trust me I think I almost threw up from nerves about 5 times. This is why I found new respect for TCU. I dont care who you played in the past. You played us and played us better than alot of people expected. Respect. Go beat Texas

Ron Swanson

And fair or not, a lot of people around the country think TCU is a good program, but not capable of playing against the elite elite (Clemson, Bama, Ohio St). I think this is due to the recruiting rankings.

I think we changed a lot of minds last night.

New found respect because we actually got a chance to play. I dont take seriously the fans who simply come out and say “We would have crushed TCU if we played in the ‘14 playoffs” or “TCU would have torched OSU”. I only find this respect after we play. Yes you can finish top ten like OSU has but that doesnt mean people find respect for our team until we meet in the gridiron. We finally did and I got to see first hand how powerful of a team TCU really is when matched up vs players I know what are capable of.

No matter how much talent you can have, anything can happen any give Saturday. Thats why we love college football. TCU is extremely well coached, extremely talented and they punched OSU right in the mouth. We traded blows and that game was a hell of alot closer than the score indicated. Trust me I think I almost threw up from nerves about 5 times. This is why I found new respect for TCU. I dont care who you played in the past. You played us and played us better than alot of people expected. Respect. Go beat Texas
Fair enough. As much as the loss hurts, I’m glad we played the game. I think our players and coaches saw where we need to get to compete for a national championship in today’s system. OU is certainly a program that is a contender, but since we play them every year, their impact as a measuring stick kind of gets lost. Patterson will have a lot of things to take away from this game for coaches and players.

Wexahu

Fair enough. As much as the loss hurts, I’m glad we played the game. I think our players and coaches saw where we need to get to compete for a national championship in today’s system. OU is certainly a program that is a contender, but since we play them every year, their impact as a measuring stick kind of gets lost. Patterson will have a lot of things to take away from this game for coaches and players.

That kind of gets lost in the shuffle as everyone seems to be so hyper focused on playoff implications from day 1. Playing these games makes you better (unless you just get crushed) and pays off in other ways. Some pretty unheralded to this point players stepped up and made some great plays on the big stage, that alone should pay off huge down the road.

I want to give OSU full credit for their victory. OSU forced those mistakes and the 21 points off them. The relentless pressure forced punter to drop ball, caused forward lateral. The OSU has massive size, speed, and talent across the board. OSU just is flat out better than TCU and Haskins should be front runner for Heisman. We pressured him like crazy and he was perfect no turnovers.

Can TCU fans imagine what our coach could do with NFL talent all over the field?

I love the t.v. Ratings and have to give OSU credit for most of that. What does OSU think of TCU and how many fans viewers we brought to the table?

hiphopfroggy

I love the t.v. Ratings and have to give OSU credit for most of that. What does OSU think of TCU and how many fans viewers we brought to the table?

Of course OSU should get more credit than TCU for the tv ratings.

But, and I'm no expert on how tv ratings work, I was surprised by the #'s when I multiplied a city's TV rating with its pop.

Columbus : rating of 41.1 x pop. of 860,090 =353,497

DFW: rating of 9.1 x pop. of 7,399,662 = 673,369

Again Im not sure if I'm doing this right, and certainly not saying TCU pulled more viewers than Ohio st, just that I'm pleasantly surprised by the DFW #'s.

https://247sports.com/college/ohio-...s-highest-rated-game-of-the-season-121995913/

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
511 total yards against an OSU team previously touted as perhaps their best and d line comparisons to Clemson’s against a team not as good as the Peach Bowl TCU team. A TCU team that had two TDS called back on penalties, missed FG, and, 3 gift wrapped scores...

Of course OSU should get more credit than TCU for the tv ratings.

But, and I'm no expert on how tv ratings work, I was surprised by the #'s when I multiplied a city's TV rating with its pop.

Columbus : rating of 41.1 x pop. of 860,090 =353,497

DFW: rating of 9.1 x pop. of 7,399,662 = 673,369

Again Im not sure if I'm doing this right, and certainly not saying TCU pulled more viewers than Ohio st, just that I'm pleasantly surprised by the DFW #'s.

https://247sports.com/college/ohio-...s-highest-rated-game-of-the-season-121995913/
Every game Ohio State plays in primetime is one of the highest rated games of the season. Kinda like how the game was in Arlington and the stadium was 70/30 Ohio State fans

Latest posts