• The KillerFrogs

Buckeye fans were not impressed

MTfrog5

I read the report. You're a bit confused about the results but I'll go ahead and fill you in.

1. A report further came out that he never deleted any text messages.
2. On domestic violence, here is what the Lead Investigator stated at the Press Conference: "Overall, Coach Meyer impressed us with a sincere commitment to the Respect for Women core value that he espouses and tries to instill in his players."
3. On domestic violence, here is what the Investigative Report concluded: "We believe [Coach Meyer], as did Zach Smith, that if [Coach Meyer] ever came to learn or believe that Zach Smith had physically abused his wife, Coach Meyer would have fired Zach Smith or any other coach on the spot."
President Drake at the August 22, 2018 Press Conference: "Based on the independent investigation, I want to state clearly that we believe Urban Meyer did not and does not condone domestic abuse
5. On the suspension, the report clarifies it was due to mismanagement of an employee. The Lead Investigator stated: "The investigation identified multiple other examples of inappropriate conduct by Zach Smith while employed as an assistant football coach, some known by Coach Meyer and/or Gene Smith and others on the football staff. Coach Meyer and Athletic Director Smith's efforts to help Zach Smith overcome his personal issues went too far in allowing him to remain as an employee in the face of repeated misconduct."

So what the report actually states is that although accusations of DV were made, all Police investigations concluded that there was not sufficient evidence to support the claims and therefore no arrests were made; and furthermore, proper protocol was followed. Meyer simply went too far in allowing ZS to remain on staff after repeated misconduct, but that misconduct was separate to the allegations.
And a trustee resigned because he thought the punishment wasn’t enough correct? Didn’t Meyer and his wife counsel them after the 2009 incidents? What about Meyer mentor that pressured not to press charges? Would you feel like this if it was Michigan?

Yance

And a trustee resigned because he thought the punishment wasn’t enough correct? Didn’t Meyer and his wife counsel them after the 2009 incidents? What about Meyer mentor that pressured not to press charges? Would you feel like this if it was Michigan?

Yes, the trustee resigned because he wanted more of a punishment. One of 11 on the board. He was in the minority, and I think due process should take precedent over media backlash, personally.

Earle Bruce did not pressure CS to not press charges. You're getting fed with a spoonful of erroneous reports. Brett McMurphy was extremely sloppy. (Re: Multiple edits of his original reports after they were proven false).

Courteney Smith's own mother has come out and said she had a vendetta, wanted her husband to suffer after his affair, and that she personally doesn't believe her at all.

Meyer and his wife did counsel them after 2009. Police again investigated and did not file charges. They both stated that they wanted to help and were doing what they deemed right with the Smith's...and it wasn't at OSU.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
I have just been having one continuous laugh for like 4 days over the droves of fans of the double digit favorites who are coming to talk noise to a team that they "should" beat. Sure, a couple of people here go needle SMU from time to time but that's more brotherly teasing than anything.

Do you guys really have that little to do up there? Oh wait... isn't the unemployment rate like 20% in the rust belt. Well, that may explain it.

Moose Stuff

I read the report. You're a bit confused about the results but I'll go ahead and fill you in.

2. On domestic violence, here is what the Lead Investigator stated at the Press Conference: "Overall, Coach Meyer impressed us with a sincere commitment to the Respect for Women core value that he espouses and tries to instill in his players."
3. On domestic violence, here is what the Investigative Report concluded: "We believe [Coach Meyer], as did Zach Smith, that if [Coach Meyer] ever came to learn or believe that Zach Smith had physically abused his wife, Coach Meyer would have fired Zach Smith or any other coach on the spot."
President Drake at the August 22, 2018 Press Conference: "Based on the independent investigation, I want to state clearly that we believe Urban Meyer did not and does not condone domestic abuse
5. On the suspension, the report clarifies it was due to mismanagement of an employee. The Lead Investigator stated: "The investigation identified multiple other examples of inappropriate conduct by Zach Smith while employed as an assistant football coach, some known by Coach Meyer and/or Gene Smith and others on the football staff. Coach Meyer and Athletic Director Smith's efforts to help Zach Smith overcome his personal issues went too far in allowing him to remain as an employee in the face of repeated misconduct."

So what the report actually states is that although accusations of DV were made, all Police investigations concluded that there was not sufficient evidence to support the claims and therefore no arrests were made; and furthermore, proper protocol was followed. Meyer simply went too far in allowing ZS to remain on staff after repeated misconduct, but that misconduct was separate to the allegations.

Color me shocked that you guys were able to find people that would make the report say what you wanted it to say. SMH.

(cringe) yes, I believe that is what he’s saying.

Yikes! I mean, this is a big game and all. I'm excited for the game tomorrow but I can honestly name 3 games on the Buckeyes schedule I'm more excited for (Michigan, Penn State, Michigan State) at a minimum. I could maybe throw in Nebraska and the Big 10 championship game if Ohio State makes it.

No disrespect though, it's a big game. Michigan is the Super Bowl followed by Penn State but Penn State fans get mad that Ohio State doesn't consider them a big rival.

If there was more history between TCU and Ohio State, I think it would be a bigger game. I'm sure whoever loses the game tomorrow will consider the 2019 game in Columbus their super bowl.........errrrrr, wait - never mind, canceled per a good business plan ;)

hiphopfroggy

Yikes! I mean, this is a big game and all. I'm excited for the game tomorrow but I can honestly name 3 games on the Buckeyes schedule I'm more excited for (Michigan, Penn State, Michigan State) at a minimum. I could maybe throw in Nebraska and the Big 10 championship game if Ohio State makes it.

No disrespect though, it's a big game. Michigan is the Super Bowl followed by Penn State but Penn State fans get mad that Ohio State doesn't consider them a big rival.

If there was more history between TCU and Ohio State, I think it would be a bigger game. I'm sure whoever loses the game tomorrow will consider the 2019 game in Columbus their super bowl.........errrrrr, wait - never mind, canceled per a good business plan ;)

Yea, I hear you and usually that would be true, but this year all those teams have losses to average teams or ties to FCS teams in week 2. So, it may come as a recent surprise, but Ohio st isn't worrying about those games right now, not one bit.

Last edited:
Yea, I here you and usually that would be true, but this year all those teams have losses to average teams or ties to FCS teams in weak 2. So, it may come as a recent surprise, but Ohio st isn't worrying about those games right now, not one bit.

Agreed. If TCU wins, kudos....Ohio State still has a whole season to play and a conference to win. Every game singularly is the super bowl that given day but in the game scheme of things, tomorrow is just another game. The Michigan game is "The Game" - Ohio State spends time weekly in practice to prepare for "The Game."

I wish this game was on campus at TCU, it would have a much better feel going into it.

MTfrog5

View attachment 4850

This game isn't nearly as big as you all have made it. Go look at the forums to get the overall feel from OSU homers like myself -- we're here because we've read some of the comments, however irrational they might be, and think it's hilarious. You all talk a big game but back it up with the:...................
Liberty bowl
Fort Worth Bowl
Texas Bowl
Poinsettia Bowl
and Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl.

Congrats!
Dumbass

PurpDrank

Yea, I here you and usually that would be true, but this year all those teams have losses to average teams or ties to FCS teams in weak 2. So, it may come as a recent surprise, but Ohio st isn't worrying about those games right now, not one bit.
Stop disrespecting our great TCU education with elementary grammatical errors.

Hear*, Week*

Frog-in-law1995

View attachment 4850

This game isn't nearly as big as you all have made it. Go look at the forums to get the overall feel from OSU homers like myself -- we're here because we've read some of the comments, however irrational they might be, and think it's hilarious. You all talk a big game but back it up with the:...................
Liberty bowl
Fort Worth Bowl
Texas Bowl
Poinsettia Bowl

Congrats!

Were you one of the 7-8 guys in red I saw walking towards the stadium from the commons about an hour ago?

View attachment 4850

Liberty bowl
Fort Worth Bowl
Texas Bowl
Poinsettia Bowl

Congrats!

Newsflash bud.....I'm an Ohio State fan. Read the whole post before commenting.

Further, it is OSU homers and trolls like you that make the OSU fan base as a whole look bad. Please - you can and should be better than this. If you can't be better, stay off the opponent's board.

Wait.....let me guess - you are from Bucknuts, right? This makes sense now, insert :eyeroll:

Mean Purple

You have link to a report that confirms that he did not delete texts related to the issue? Not that they did not find texts...because deleting them means they dont fins them.