• The KillerFrogs

Uhoh, Urban...

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
The only thing going on now is Urban's lawyers and tOSU's lawyers working out a suitable buyout number which would allow Urban to resign, and tOSU from being sued for breach. I don't really see any way for Urban to continue to represent tOSU now that we know what we know. McMurphy has absolutely harpooned their narrative, and they can't come out with another bag of crap like yesterday without the terror that it would be harpooned yet again. They do not know what McMurphy has, and can't perform CYA without that knowledge.

Oh, and ESPN is scum. Utter scum. Their cash cow, the B1G is being slaughtered and they are reeling. How does the most "woke" sports network try to cover up violence against women so as to protect their most valuable College Football property? It's a toughie...

WhiteHispanicFrog

Curmudgeon
The only thing going on now is Urban's lawyers and tOSU's lawyers working out a suitable buyout number which would allow Urban to resign, and tOSU from being sued for breach. I don't really see any way for Urban to continue to represent tOSU now that we know what we know. McMurphy has absolutely harpooned their narrative, and they can't come out with another bag of crap like yesterday without the terror that it would be harpooned yet again. They do not know what McMurphy has, and can't perform CYA without that knowledge.

Oh, and ESPN is scum. Utter scum. Their cash cow, the B1G is being slaughtered and they are reeling. How does the most "woke" sports network try to cover up violence against women so as to protect their most valuable College Football property? It's a toughie...

scheiss espn

stbrab

So McMurphy exposed Meyer and his cover up, and burned ESPN at the same time. And ESPN has to pay him for scooping them, and others, and exposing their money cow (Urban Liar). In terms of some justice, that's a two-fer.

https://deadspin.com/how-espn-ended-up-paying-brett-mcmurphy-to-post-the-yea-1828089258
Good read. I also enjoyed the discussion at the end. One quote particularly...“Congratulations ESPN on the heretofore impossibile accomplishment of kicking yourself in your own dick. Physicians and Physicists alike will be studying this data for years to come.” ESPN...especially stupid programming network.

Lone Frog

An interesting question that will never be answered - how would McMurphy have handled this story if he were still at ESPN?

I expect he would have done the same research and reporting. McMurphy is a good journalist with good instincts. Now, what ESPN would have done with it is another question entirely. They wouldn't have killed it - it's too big. But they may have watered it down and diluted it horribly.

ShadowFrog

Moderators
I expect he would have done the same research and reporting. McMurphy is a good journalist with good instincts. Now, what ESPN would have done with it is another question entirely. They wouldn't have killed it - it's too big. But they may have watered it down and diluted it horribly.
....and buried it on page 54 of the website.

In size 8 font.

Dogfrog

Probably so. I do wonder sometimes how much pressure ESPN reporters feel to protect ESPN “assets”.

lowfrog

Couldn't read the whole article because it is behind a vicious paywall I wasn't able to get around with the usual lazy tricks, but I thought everyone knew that Zach Smith's dad gave Meyer his first football job (or one of his first football jobs) way back when.

Wexahu

Couldn't read the whole article because it is behind a vicious paywall I wasn't able to get around with the usual lazy tricks, but I thought everyone knew that Zach Smith's dad gave Meyer his first football job (or one of his first football jobs) way back when.

I think it was Smith’s grandpa. The point remains though, I’m sure it’s been a factor in Smith keeping his job.