• The KillerFrogs

Uhoh, Urban...

ShadowFrog

Moderators
Since this story broke I have been trying to puzzle out why in the heck Meyer would try to hang on to this clown and then I ran across this sentence in Gil’s story:

“And yet, Zach Smith, grandson of former Buckeyes coach Earle Bruce, remained on the staff until July.”

Oh. Got it
The power of....Earle.

Bob

This is an interesting ad pop-up that appeared on my screen right below #cum.

Eight

Since this story broke I have been trying to puzzle out why in the heck Meyer would try to hang on to this clown and then I ran across this sentence in Gil’s story:

“And yet, Zach Smith, grandson of former Buckeyes coach Earle Bruce, remained on the staff until July.”

Oh. Got it

another key point on why he kept Smith around is that Smith has been one of the best recruiters in the nation.

earl being his grandfather might have opened the door, but if had been some schlob who provided no benefit to the program he wouldn't have been directly on the coaching staff.

MTfrog5

Watch them suspend him for two easy games and pin it all on the AD that gets fired. Wonder if this investigation will actually consider the victim. Gotta wonder what else McMurphy has.
http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...eyer-investigation-expected-completed-14-days
Part of me hopes he has everything out that he can confirm. The other part would love for the school to report something and him come out with more proof against everything they “found”.

Lone Frog

Part of me hopes he has everything out that he can confirm. The other part would love for the school to report something and him come out with more proof against everything they “found”.

The way things have gone the past few days, it wouldn't surprise me at all if McMurphy has one or two more arrows in his quiver.

CryptoMiner

Some interesting threads on Bucknuts (yes there is irony in that name). Several threads on the topic including calling out Courtney Smith and this beaut about "McLiar"

https://247sports.com/college/ohio-...ts/Detailed-Counterpoint-to-McLiar-120412412/

In there is a link to a lengthy discussing on Reddit trying to discredit the reporting and a lot of the premise is regarding whether there was abuse in the Smith's relationship.

Anyway, it is all too familiar and ignores that Zack Smith was fired for some reason...

Also some misinformation about Courtney's refusal to press charges (they say she couldn't refuse because the State can bring charges). That overlooks the fact that Courtney is able to bring charges but the State can also if she refuses.

Mean Purple

I bet he has something waiting for when this investigation concludes.
Wondering if it will matter. Gotta wonder about the make up of the "independent working group" Ohio State put together to investigate this. For starters, it is not just three osu trustees on that committee. Jo Ann Davidson, the 90 year old former speaker of the ohio house who is chairing the committee, is a former osu trustee according to a bio. That would make 4 of the 6 members of an "independent" working group that are or were trustees.