• The KillerFrogs

Official World Cup 2018 Thread...

dawg

Iceland opening the door for Argentina maybe? Goal differential will still play a part assuming Argentina beats Nigeria...

On the basis of what we just witnessed and Argentina's craptastic displays, I'd say Argentina beating Nigeria, let alone by several goals, seems unlikely. Argentina look in a bad way right now: Shoddy defending, "Joe Hart-esque" goalkeeping, getting overrun in midfield, and a lack of cutting edge up front. That's not a great combo. They did struggle through qualifying and had a strange run-up to the Cup, but I thought their quality would come through once the tourny started. It's not officially over but not looking good.

Edit: Cholo apparently isn't pleased with their performance and made his feelings known..

https://www.101greatgoals.com/news/...rgentina-messi-ronaldo-leaked-whatsapp-audio/

Last edited:

Moose Stuff

On the basis of what we just witnessed and Argentina's craptastic displays, I'd say Argentina beating Nigeria, let alone by several goals, seems unlikely. Argentina look in a bad way right now: Shoddy defending, "Joe Hart-esque" goalkeeping, getting overrun in midfield, and a lack of cutting edge up front. That's not a great combo. They did struggle through qualifying and had a strange run-up to the Cup, but I thought their quality would come through once the tourny started.

I’m only about half serious with this but the look on Messi’s face from the anthem through leaving the field at game’s end was one of someone who looked as if going out in the group stage might be preferable to the pressures of playing on.

Eight

the next game sets up perfectly for the argentina's favorite novella, the life of lionel messi.

win and they start on the road to redemption, lose and they become one of the biggest dumpster fires in tournament play.

kharma i guess for the hand of god goal.

Chongo94

the next game sets up perfectly for the argentina's favorite novella, the life of lionel messi.

win and they start on the road to redemption, lose and they become one of the biggest dumpster fires in tournament play.

kharma i guess for the hand of god goal.

Took long enough. I’ve never been a Maradona fan. He’s such a caricature these days.

Chongo94

I’m only about half serious with this but the look on Messi’s face from the anthem through leaving the field at game’s end was one of someone who looked as if going out in the group stage might be preferable to the pressures of playing on.

Agreed. Considering the other players on that team, that country puts entirely too much pressure on him. I feel really bad for him.

dawg

giphy.gif

Chongo94

not sure if daniel tosh is worthy of a rebuke from the dude.

feel he and those that keep insisting on expressing their dislike merit more of this

Haha true. To me it just shows their small mindedness...that or they were never good at the sport so decided they hated it.

WhiteHispanicFrog

Curmudgeon
Still continually amazed at the people who would willingly click on something they don’t enjoy.

I poke fun at soccer, don’t follow any club soccer at all except for Derby County, and that’s due to a family connection to the Rams.

s30voz.jpg

However, I enjoy World Cup soccer immensely every four years, and try to catch some of the U.S. qualifiers when I can (although I’m glad I missed those over the past two years yikes).