• The KillerFrogs

Official World Cup 2018 Thread...

Ron Swanson

Regarding Spurs, if you decide to follow them, be prepared for bandwagon comments in the near future. For whatever the reasons, they seem to be the hip/in choice among new(ish) EPL fans. Lots of new fans seem to be gravitating towards them.
Every single person I see discussing picking an EPL team says that you can’t pick Man U, and then they pick Tottenham. Purp is like the 12th person who I’ve seen say the exact same thing. I’ve literally never seen any American pick anyone other than them.

So basically it sounds like they’re the Cubs or Red Sox... the “cool” team that isn’t the Yankees

Tom Brown

Every single person I see discussing picking an EPL team says that you can’t pick Man U, and then they pick Tottenham. Purp is like the 12th person who I’ve seen say the exact same thing. I’ve literally never seen any American pick anyone other than them.

So basically it sounds like they’re the Cubs or Red Sox... the “cool” team that isn’t the Yankees

He said no big 3 or liverpool. Man u man city are as hateful to each other as sox and yanks.

Purp

Most people I know who give half a darn about the EPL have chosen either Man U (probably over 50%), Chelsea (maybe 20%), Arsenal (maybe 10%), and Man City (maybe 5%). Most of the rest have gone with some combination of Tottenham, Liverpool, and Everton. Tottenham is nowhere near a huge favorite for Americans. You clearly just associate with sapient footy fans.

Tom Brown

Most people I know who give half a darn about the EPL have chosen either Man U (probably over 50%), Chelsea (maybe 20%), Arsenal (maybe 10%), and Man City (maybe 5%). Most of the rest have gone with some combination of Tottenham, Liverpool, and Everton. Tottenham is nowhere near a huge favorite for Americans. You clearly just associate with sapient footy fans.

I know multiple american newcastle fans, not many on here, since their fans can't read.

Purp

I know multiple american newcastle fans, not many on here, since their fans can't read.
I wanted to pull for Newcastle, but they sucked for so long. The brief spell there for Oguchi Onyewu was as close as I ever got. Always felt I could've been a fan of the magpies if they weren't so horribly managed.

Tom Brown

I wanted to pull for Newcastle, but they sucked for so long. The brief spell there for Oguchi Onyewu was as close as I ever got. Always felt I could've been a fan of the magpies if they weren't so horribly managed.

Or their fans werent neanderthals

Portland Frog

Now that the WC is over, should we start an EPL thread or a "League Football" thread or something of the sort (for those fans of other leagues)? How about a "Has Anyone Seen My EPL team" thread? Oh and go Chelsea!

Chongo94

Now that the WC is over, should we start an EPL thread or a "League Football" thread or something of the sort (for those fans of other leagues)? How about a "Has Anyone Seen My EPL team" thread? Oh and go Chelsea!

I am in favor. Perhaps a general league thread as it appears there are a few of us that follow the Bundesliga as well?

Edit: If the Chelsea players buy in and learn that system, look out, because Napoli were so fun the last few years.

Tom Brown

I am in favor. Perhaps a general league thread as it appears there are a few of us that follow the Bundesliga as well?

Edit: If the Chelsea players buy in and learn that system, look out, because Napoli were so fun the last few years.

General league. I wonder if they can just change the name of the thread ...

dawg

giphy.gif

+8. A 2018-2019 European Football thread would be awesome. Broad enough to include all leagues, CL, and Europa League.