• The KillerFrogs

FWST: Mississippi State could offer enough to lure away TCU's Jim Schlossnagle

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
Agree to become their head coach before the season was over in my opinion is quitting. Sure he was still trying to win, but some of the day to day things have probably stopped.

While the grave may be dug, I’d make sure the body has been covered with dirt before disparaging the man. This is totally different than DelConte. I’d be all over him for going to Texas, but you can’t blame him for wanting to go somwhere he thinks gives him a better shot at recruiting and sustaining. Schloss has taken us places we’ve never been.

Now going to state that rates last in most things is a bit puzzling. But I think he has earned some respect here and shouldn’t condemned.

MTfrog5

While the grave may be dug, I’d make sure the body has been covered with dirt before disparaging the man. This is totally different than DelConte. I’d be all over him for going to Texas, but you can’t blame him for wanting to go somwhere he thinks gives him a better shot st recruiting and sustaining. Schloss has taken us places we’ve never been.

Now going to state that rates last in most things is a bit puzzling. But I think he has earned some respect here and shouldn’t condemned.
I completely agree with what you’re saying. What he’s done for this program has been unbelievable. But don’t lie and say “if” they call. I’ve had this issue with many other coaches saying “they haven’t contacted me” or “I’m not interested” only to be named coach a few days later.

SportsJunkie

The well of talent seems empty as I look at the roster. He sees it too and may jump ship not wanting to rebuild. A lot harder at TCU to rebuild especially when he's older now and may be tired of that grind. I hope I'm wrong.

Pharm Frog

Again, do you know this?

I still haven’t heard an official announcement.

If there is one, I assume we’ll announce Saar and we move on.

Hoping that we don't. Love the work that CKS has done here but it's bad policy IMO to not see what's available. And, I wonder if the new AD has been doing this and has the relationships and networks necessary to make this happen effectively and quickly. Would hope that CJS had indicated his intentions long before this last week. If your internal is the best qualified, hire him but don't shut off a search before it begins.

flyfishingfrog

Hoping that we don't. Love the work that CKS has done here but it's bad policy IMO to not see what's available. And, I wonder if the new AD has been doing this and has the relationships and networks necessary to make this happen effectively and quickly. Would hope that CJS had indicated his intentions long before this last week. If your internal is the best qualified, hire him but don't shut off a search before it begins.
Except that is exactly what with we did with our new AD so I would be shocked if his first reaction isn’t exactly the same

NewFrogFan

By the way - I would not be surprised if none of Schloss kids go to MSU if he takes the job

Remember he went to Elon and graduated with high honors

Jim is wicked smart and I think he will want the best for his kids - I think his son is going to TCU because he has been here all his life that he can remember while hey have zero connection to MSU

Having your kid go to another school isn’t the greatest look but it’s not uncommon if Kathleen has another school she wants to attend for curriculum or other activities reasons

The family angle is the key IMHO. Is his son playing baseball at TCU? I am also guessing moving the daughter this late in school is not a choice she would make. As I said in another thread, I spent 3 years in Columbus in the USAF. Columbus was where people from Starkville came to do everything. SV is FULL of great people but the town is the town. I also like ref someone else had that despite all the disadvantages at TCU, it is JS program, MSU will never be. If he stays, his statue is on the way.

frogs9497

The “I’m going to miss them...” quote sounds like bye bye.

This is a head scratcher for me. I feel like I'm missing something here, perhaps context? Basically saying I've been loyal until they call, then see ya. It doesn't sound like someone with affection for the program, meaning it doesn't sound like CJS.

Raw Frog

Hoping that we don't. Love the work that CKS has done here but it's bad policy IMO to not see what's available. And, I wonder if the new AD has been doing this and has the relationships and networks necessary to make this happen effectively and quickly. Would hope that CJS had indicated his intentions long before this last week. If your internal is the best qualified, hire him but don't shut of a search before it begins.

Good post. A young AD might just hire the inside guy without going through a thorough review and search, just so things do not get too rocky for him to comfortably handle. I like the Mazey inquiry, among others. Saar may be the guy, but you have to know what his detailed plan would be. He has not had to do the hard work of a HC before. Hope Donati does not think he can just "plug in" Saar and think it will be business as usual, just because he has been here under Schloss.

NewFrogFan

Does interim MSU coach want job if offered? He righted a sinking ship. They do well and no offer may mean JS is rebuilding in Ms too.

LeagueCityFrog

Be like Gary, not like Fran. Get your statue and enjoy all the things Fort Worth and the State of Texas has to offer. Hustle Boschini for our version of Miss State's new stadium, get your pay bump, and show your kids why loyalty matters.