• The KillerFrogs

2017-18 Men's Basketball Thread

Wexahu

Absolutely they will notice and it's happening right now, as well as Schloss.
BEWARE of CDC, he and he alone, is our biggest threat and his relationship with Schloss. is better than the other 2, which is also very good. UT upped CDC's contract by 60%. If GP gets into the playoffs 3 out of the next 5 years, which is very possible, look for UT to come after him at about $10mil. CDC is extremely dangerous for us.

Playoffs 3 of the next 5 years is “very possible”? Really? If we make the playoffs once in the next five years I’d be more than satisfied. If “very possible” means like a 1% chance I agree with you.

SuperTFrog

Playoffs 3 of the next 5 years is “very possible”? Really? If we make the playoffs once in the next five years I’d be more than satisfied. If “very possible” means like a 1% chance I agree with you.
1% is being extremely generous. I think we are a 1 to 25 for making the post season each yr. doing that 3 out of 5 years is...where are my statisticians?

jack the frog

Cumulative iteration probability tree anyone?
The math is simple as a dog track. Now only if I could find my little piece of paper covered with tiny formulas.

Last edited:

Frog-in-law1995

Outlandish post of the year
1% is being extremely generous. I think we are a 1 to 25 for making the post season each yr. doing that 3 out of 5 years is...where are my statisticians?

Well, a 1 in 25 chance equals a 4 percent chance for each of the next five years. So 4 x 5 = 20. But, he said only 3 of the next five years (or .60 of the next 5 years) so divide 20 by .60 and you get 33.33. Then you have to account for the 2 of the 5 years we don’t make it, so multiply by 2 and you get 66.66. But because it doesn’t have to be any specific three years in the next 5, you add back in the 33.33. So we have a 99.99% chance of making the playoffs 3 of the next 5 years.

Science.

WhiteHispanicFrog

Curmudgeon
When did this turn into a math thread?

C9FFFF66-0126-4366-8543-D1024BF3782B.gif

tcumaniac

LVH

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology/_/iteration/241

Joe Lunardi currently has us as a 6 seed facing St. Boneventure in Dallas.

He has 8 Big 12 teams making the tournament (everybody except OSU and ISU).

Can't play a team you faced in the regular season in the first round, it's a bracketing rule

Joey Brackets should know that although I wonder if he pays attention to details like that. Probably not since he churns out these brackets regularly and at this point its more about the seeding rather than making sure all bracketing rules are followed.

MTfrog5

Can't play a team you faced in the regular season in the first round, it's a bracketing rule

Joey Brackets should know that although I wonder if he pays attention to details like that. Probably not since he churns out these brackets regularly and at this point its more about the seeding rather than making sure all bracketing rules are followed.
Even if we hadn’t played them, his bracket would have to change if we play Baylor for a third time. For those who don’t know the rule for rematches is 1x- 2nd round, 2x- sweet 16, and 3x- elite 8

TCU_22

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology/_/iteration/241

Joe Lunardi currently has us as a 6 seed facing St. Boneventure in Dallas.

He has 8 Big 12 teams making the tournament (everybody except OSU and ISU).
Yea lots wrong with that bracket. Can’t play a team you’ve faced 1st rd. Can’t play a team you’ve played twice till the sweet 16 ( he has us and West Virginia in the 2nd round. And can’t play a team you’ve played 3 times until elite 8 ( both Baylor and WV could fall into that category)