• The KillerFrogs

2017-18 Men's Basketball Thread

MAcFroggy

Yeah, I have been saying for a few weeks that 8-10 would get us into the tournament like 90% of the time. The metrics and rankings really like what we have done this season. Based on the bubble teams and their resumes, I think we are safely in the tournament at this point.

Sebastian S

Continuing to win will surely get us a more favorable matchup right? Including the conference tournament - which I think is wide open for anyone to win maybe besides OSU and ISU.

TCU2002

Continuing to win will surely get us a more favorable matchup right? Including the conference tournament - which I think is wide open for anyone to win maybe besides OSU and ISU.

More than anything, the Frogs might be playing for the opportunity to be placed in the Dallas subregional. Win tonight and then make a run in the Big 12 tournament...and who knows?

MTfrog5

Don’t want to play theBonnies again. They are a dangerous team and their best player was out the first time we played. Now I’d love to face UCLA and possibly Tennessee in Dallas. Think we match up well with both those teams and even Purdue if both of us got to the sweet 16

Tom Brown

Don’t want to play theBonnies again. They are a dangerous team and their best player was out the first time we played. Now I’d love to face UCLA and possibly Tennessee in Dallas. Think we match up well with both those teams and even Purdue if both of us got to the sweet 16

Man, i dont know if id want to play purdue the first weekend.

Cincy or xavier would be fun to play.

MTfrog5

Man, i dont know if id want to play purdue the first weekend.

Cincy or xavier would be fun to play.
Purdue wouldn’t be until the sweet 16. Tennessee would be the second game of the first weekend. Personally I’m not sure how good any big ten team is. Nebraska went 13-5 and got 4th and many consider them a questionable bubble team

MAcFroggy

Purdue wouldn’t be until the sweet 16. Tennessee would be the second game of the first weekend. Personally I’m not sure how good any big ten team is. Nebraska went 13-5 and got 4th and many consider them a questionable bubble team

Nebraska only played the top teams in the big 10 once and lost to all of them. Their non-conference was bad, and they do not have any good wins in conference to fall back on. The RPI and kenpom do not really like them either.

TCUdirtbag

I so hope we get to play in dallas.

I wonder how many seats tcu will get to distribute to season ticket holders via priority points? Resale all session on stubhub etc. are real expensive. Rafters all-session are $150 from AAC/Ticketmaster.

MTfrog5

Nebraska only played the top teams in the big 10 once and lost to all of them. Their non-conference was bad, and they do not have any good wins in conference to fall back on. The RPI and kenpom do not really like them either.
Can say that about Michigan State too. Think they have two top 50 RPI wins on the season