• The KillerFrogs

Paging TCUOwnsthebig12

BleedNPurple

BTW, Baylor probably has the best team suited to defeat TCU, in the 12. They are monsters in the paint. Difference is our guard play from Bane and Robinson. Play like today and even Tech will struggle against Frogs.

That and Baylor makes their free throws.

SuperTFrog

As a good litmus test, TCUOwnsthebig12, you should add up the number of likes you are getting on your posts in this thread compared to People who are posting things opposite of what you’re saying. Do you think that everyone else on this board is wrong on this issue and you are the only one who got it right? I think if no one else on this entire intraweb agrees with you, you are probably on the wrong end of this one.

The water is warm in the common sense pool, you should come take a swim.

Purp

As a good litmus test, TCUOwnsthebig12, you should add up the number of likes you are getting on your posts in this thread compared to People who are posting things opposite of what you’re saying. Do you think that everyone else on this board is wrong on this issue and you are the only one who got it right? I think if no one else on this entire intraweb agrees with you, you are probably on the wrong end of this one.

Irresponsible invitation. He'd make it warmer by pissing in the pool.

TCUownstheBig12

“Likes” on a social media platform/message board is definitely NOT a good litmus test.

I’m making an argument that is going to be unpopular no matter what because it’s not blind allegiance to TCU and it’s ON a TCU message board. I didn’t expect it to get a lot of “likes”.

Thinking social backing equates to something being right or wrong is flat out dangerous (and ignorant).

froginmn

Sorry for the typo on "you're"/"your". When people go there on boards, that typically means they are losing the argument.

Arguing "lowest" vs. "highest" terminology is silly...you could make the case that a 1 seed is lower/higher than an 8 seed. Is #1 a lower ranking than #8? Is it a higher ranking?

My point is that the "most correct" (even though correctness is really an absolute) answer to "In the NCAA tournament, what seed is typically the lowest ranked at-large team?" is 11. I'm sorry for not phrasing that with enough clarity.

So, when I was making my case that we are closer to being an NIT team...I was using 11 as the last at-large team.

Better?
Are you Bill Clinton?

You said (twice) that an 11 seed is the lowest at large, then started this "typical" nonsense.

And likes pretty much indicate whether people agree with you.

Try this: if you think "TCUownsthebig12" is wrong on this point, like this post. If you think he's right, like his post just prior to this one.

Nice like-whoring on my part here, too!

TCUownstheBig12

How is this that difficult? In the majority of cases (64%) of the time, the 11 seed is the lowest ranked at-large and participates in the First Four.

If I’m not a real sports fan because I used the most common seed to be the lowest ranked at-large to do my calculation, I guess I’m not a real sports fan.

Such a beating.

TCUownstheBig12

Are you Bill Clinton?

You said (twice) that an 11 seed is the lowest at large, then started this "typical" nonsense.

And likes pretty much indicate whether people agree with you.

Try this: if you think "TCUownsthebig12" is wrong on this point, like this post. If you think he's right, like his post just prior to this one.

Nice like-whoring on my part here, too!

How about you ask these questions on a gen pop NCAA board...not a TCU board:

Do you think a guy that has never scored 20 points and grabbed 10 rebounds in the same game after 100 college games is “likely” to do it?

Do you think TCU is closer to being a 4-5 seed or NIT team?

Do you think TCU is a “deep” team considering the bench is JD Miller, Shawn Olden, and Ahmed Hamdy?

What do you consider to be the typical seed of the lowest ranked at-large team?

Do you think this team is better than the 1997-1998 TCU team?

Please ask away. I would love that. There is only one that is even debatable/I could be proven incorrect...and we know which one that is.

Rose Bowl

I said I wasn’t going to post for awhile and then, damn, I opened this thread. My question to the board, is there anyone who still believes we aren’t going to make the tourney? I’ll go as far to say that the Frogs don’t have to win another game to get in the dance. I don’t care if it’s a 6 or a 10 because it doesn’t matter once in the tourney. A 6 seed may have a statistical advantage over an 8/9 but you still have to win six to cut down the nets.

If anyone still thinks we aren’t getting in can message me and maybe we can get a wager together.

TCUownstheBig12

I said I wasn’t going to post for awhile and then, damn, I opened this thread. My question to the board, is there anyone who still believes we aren’t going to make the tourney? I’ll go as far to say that the Frogs don’t have to win another game to get in the dance. I don’t care if it’s a 6 or a 10 because it doesn’t matter once in the tourney. A 6 seed may have a statistical advantage over an 8/9 but you still have to win six to cut down the nets.

If anyone still thinks we aren’t getting in can message me and maybe we can get a wager together.

I’m pretty sure we all know that we are likely in barring an epic collapse and some other unforeseen outside factors happening...a ton of upsets in the conference tourneys. I would say our likelihood is in the 80-90% range.

Froggy Style

How is this that difficult? In the majority of cases (64%) of the time, the 11 seed is the lowest ranked at-large and participates in the First Four.

If I’m not a real sports fan because I used the most common seed to be the lowest ranked at-large to do my calculation, I guess I’m not a real sports fan.

Such a beating.

May have been okay if you took that stance before it was explained to you. You can try to change the facts now, but that only makes you a lying POS, which is much worse than someone with crappy sports opinions.

Actually, an 11 seed is the last “at large”...so an “8ish” seed is actually about half way. That’s where I got that range. So you, my friend, are the dumb one.
Wrong. 8ish seed is about halfway from 4-5 to 11 (last at-large).

11 is not the last at large, 12 is.

Wrong.

11-seeds are the lowest at-large...that’s why they play in the First Four.

SuperTFrog

May have been okay if you took that stance before it was explained to you. You can try to change the facts now, but that only makes you a lying POS, which is much worse than someone with crappy sports opinions.
Amazing to me that this guy can see all of those quotes and not admit he was wrong. Definitively says multiple times that other people are wrong and states that 11 are the lowest seed when that is categorically wrong.

the water is warm in the “I was wrong” pool as well. Must be tough to go through life never being wrong.

TCUownstheBig12

Amazing to me that this guy can see all of those quotes and not admit he was wrong. Definitively says multiple times that other people are wrong and states that 11 are the lowest seed when that is categorically wrong.

the water is warm in the “I was wrong” pool as well. Must be tough to go through life never being wrong.

Are you are arguing that I misused the word “lowest” (as in “lowest ranked”) instead of saying “highest” OR are you disputing that the most common “last”/“lowest ranked” at-large seed is the 11?

If it’s the former, c’mon, that’s really a petty argument over semantics...if you didn’t know what I meant, then you are sports ignorant.

If it’s the latter, YOU are categorically wrong. I’ll pose the question back to you...if you were trying to decide the midway point between a 4-5 seed and just missing the cut...what would you use as the lowest-ranked seed?

TCUownstheBig12

I’m predicting that you must be about 11-12 years old based on your glowing rebuttals and the basis of your arguments. It’s okay, the brain will keep developing, lil’ guy.