• The KillerFrogs

Paging TCUOwnsthebig12

Pharm Frog

Marginally impressed that a paging thread reached 100 posts.

jcwd.gif

TCUownstheBig12

I think we can all agree that this "debate" is going to continue on an endless loop and no one benefits from it...so I have a proposal.

If TCU finishes as a 1-2-3-4-5-6-7 seed in the NCAA tournament, I will donate $100 to a charity of your choice under the name of KillerFrogs.com. And I will admit that my prediction was incorrect (because it will be). I will also be banned from ever mentioning Hamdy's lack of a 20-10 game.

If TCU finishes as a 9-10-11 seed (or misses the tournament), you (however many of you want to participate) will donate a total of $100 to a charity of my choosing...under the name of KillerFrogs.com (so, either way, the board benefits and those less fortunate as well). You won't have to admit I was right but I will demand someone to post that "Tim Love is their favorite chef".

If TCU gets in as an 8 seed...we will call it a push and each sides will donate $50...and that can also be to your choice of charity.

This should bring a logical conclusion to our ongoing arguments and will, hopefully, allow us all to heal these wounds. It will also show you that I'm not a troll or a ghost...and I do care about TCU athletics (and have for a very long time), and just because I don't agree with everything this board says, it doesn't mean that my heart doesn't bleed any less of a shade of purple as your's does.

P

purplePPO

I think we can all agree that this "debate" is going to continue on an endless loop and no one benefits from it...so I have a proposal.

If TCU finishes as a 1-2-3-4-5-6-7 seed in the NCAA tournament, I will donate $100 to a charity of your choice under the name of KillerFrogs.com. And I will admit that my prediction was incorrect (because it will be). I will also be banned from ever mentioning Hamdy's lack of a 20-10 game.

If TCU finishes as a 9-10-11 seed (or misses the tournament), you (however many of you want to participate) will donate a total of $100 to a charity of my choosing...under the name of KillerFrogs.com (so, either way, the board benefits and those less fortunate as well). You won't have to admit I was right but I will demand someone to post that "Tim Love is their favorite chef".

If TCU gets in as an 8 seed...we will call it a push and each sides will donate $50...and that can also be to your choice of charity.

This should bring a logical conclusion to our ongoing arguments and will, hopefully, allow us all to heal these wounds. It will also show you that I'm not a troll or a ghost...and I do care about TCU athletics (and have for a very long time), and just because I don't agree with everything this board says, it doesn't mean that my heart doesn't bleed any less of a shade of purple as your's does.

TCUownstheBig12

"I knew we weren't a basketball school--but our fans are worse than I ever thought."

How about you stop being demeaning and a know it all? Respect your fellow Frog members because we do know basketball too! Admit when you're wrong and that will be the resolution. Otherwise continue with the endless loop. Go Frogs!

TCUownstheBig12

TCUowns, you're a proven moron. You donate to your charity and I'll donate to mine. In no scenario are you "right". You can't negotiate your way out of stupid.

Classic response. Won’t put you’re money where your mouth is. If they finish as a 9-11 seed, I’m right on all topics.

You’re a sad human. I tried to extend an olive branch. You are simply pathetic.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Classic response. Won’t put you’re money where your mouth is. If they finish as a 9-11 seed, I’m right on all topics.

Still haven't owned up to your claim they would be lucky to make NIT. Until you do everything else is [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ].

cdsfrog

Seems like based on your luck needed for NIT tournament bid comment, you should donate $100 if we a 11 seed in the tourney, or $100 morre for each seed higher to signify your defeat of a horrible argument.

Froggy Style

When you say we'll be lucky to make the NIT, and then repeatedly call people wrong and dumb when refuting your false claim that 11 is the "lowest" and "last" at large...you are simply wrong and a jerk.

Trying to now negotiate a settlement if you "end up right" when you've already been proven to be ridiculous and wrong, means you're just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. Newsflash, we regret to inform you there are no lifeboats left for you to negotiate.

TCUownstheBig12

When you say we'll be lucky to make the NIT, and then repeatedly call people wrong and dumb when refuting your false claim that 11 is the "lowest" and "last" at large...you are simply wrong and a jerk.

Trying to now negotiate a settlement if you "end up right" when you've already been proven to be ridiculous and wrong, means you're just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. Newsflash, we regret to inform you there are no lifeboats left for you to negotiate.

How dumb are you? You never answered my question, if someone asked you what the lowest ranked at large seed is...what would you say? Or are you arguing the term “lowest” as me thinking that the 11 seed is the “best” at-large...if so, wow. It’s pretty common that people refer to “lowest” as both “the lowest number” (ie 1 is lower than 11) and “the lowest ranked” (ie 11 is lower than 1). It’s what people call context dependent.

Did you read through the entire original thread? It was very obvious that my “lucky to make the NIT” was sarcastic and I clarified with specifics right after it (so as not to influenced by any other data points like a big winning streak to make it seem like I was backtracking). I believe it was the next day. On top of that, I immediately liked the DeNiro GIF from the poster that did GET what I was saying.

And this isn’t hyperbole or board talk (being absolutely serious right now)...if you couldn’t determine both of those from my comments, then you are quite possibly the most oblivious human being that I’ve ever met. Seriously.

That’s why it’s the same 2-3 people “supporting” you; idiots stick together.

I know that’s I’m feeding the stupid by responding but this is just amazing to think that people are this ignorant.

TCUownstheBig12

I’ll donate $100 right now to give TCUowns the banhammer. Let’s make some real money for charity.

Really? If you all raise $500 for charity (one that I'm close to and will know if it's a legit pledge) and it’s confirmed, I’ll ban myself. That would be awesome. I have a feeling you’re just trying to act cool in front of the other geniuses.

100% honest.

Froggy Style

How dumb are you? You never answered my question, if someone asked you what the lowest ranked at large seed is...what would you say?

Words and their meanings were determined long ago. You made stupid comments about the team, tried to dig your way out and f'd up again. No amount of distraction and flip flopping allows you to be right.

TCUownstheBig12 said:
Actually, an 11 seed is the last “at large”...so an “8ish” seed is actually about half way. That’s where I got that range. So you, my friend, are the dumb one.
TCUownstheBig12 said:
Wrong. 8ish seed is about halfway from 4-5 to 11 (last at-large).
Froggy Style said:
11 is not the last at large, 12 is.
TCUownstheBig12 said:
Wrong.
11-seeds are the lowest at-large...that’s why they play in the First Four.

So, to review, your method is as follows:

1. State something that is a bit extreme
2. Get called out, but stand behind opinion
3. When facts roll in, change opinion
4. Pretend new opinion was old opinion
5. Distract with nonsensical and unrelated arguments

SuperBarrFrog

Really? If you all raise $500 for charity (one that I'm close to and will know if it's a legit pledge) and it’s confirmed, I’ll ban myself. That would be awesome. I have a feeling you’re just trying to act cool in front of the other geniuses.

100% honest.
I’d go $100 just to delete this thread. I don’t really care if you are banned as I’ve had no previous problems with ya. But yeah, put me down $100 for charity with what ever arrangement you make. Tarrant county food bank would be my selection.

TCUownstheBig12

Words and their meanings were determined long ago. You made stupid comments about the team, tried to dig your way out and f'd up again. No amount of distraction and flip flopping allows you to be right.

TCUownstheBig12 said:
Actually, an 11 seed is the last “at large”...so an “8ish” seed is actually about half way. That’s where I got that range. So you, my friend, are the dumb one.
TCUownstheBig12 said:
Wrong. 8ish seed is about halfway from 4-5 to 11 (last at-large).
Froggy Style said:
11 is not the last at large, 12 is.
TCUownstheBig12 said:
Wrong.
11-seeds are the lowest at-large...that’s why they play in the First Four.

So, to review, your method is as follows:

1. State something that is a bit extreme
2. Get called out, but stand behind opinion
3. When facts roll in, change opinion
4. Pretend new opinion was old opinion
5. Distract with nonsensical and unrelated arguments

Okay...see below regarding the term "lowest" seed:

Business Insider
http://www.businessinsider.com/11-seeds-first-four-play-in-games-ncaa-tournament-2017-3
  • "The selection committee then takes the four lowest-seeded teams from among the teams receiving at-large bids. Those teams happen to be seeded 11th and will face each other with the winners getting to face 6-seeds in the next round."
Sports Illustrated
https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2017/04/03/lowest-seed-win-ncaa-tournament-march-madness
  • The article uses "lowest" seed to refer to the "worst" seed; just as I did
Sports Illustrated
https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2017/04/03/lowest-seed-win-ncaa-tournament-march-madness
  • The article uses "lowest" seed to refer to the "worst" seed; just as I did
ESPN
http://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...4943099/upsets-seeds-teams-college-basketball
  • Once again, another article using the term "lowest" to mean the worst/most poorly ranked.
These are three of thousands of articles that show my usage was correct.

So, yes, I stand by my ORIGINAL post...the 11 seed is the lowest at-large seed. My rationale is because its the most commonly occurring "lowest" at-large seed in the First Four era of March Madness.

I really don't see how this is that difficult.