• The KillerFrogs

Actually looking forward to seeing what Robinson can do starting.

Zubaz

While I agree that this should be healthy Kenny Hill's team, I don't believe your ratio.
AggyFootball, RGMe, BM, RapeyKingCrabJameis, Jake Fromm State Farm.
Jake Fromm is the only real example here.

Jameis redshirted a year, then was EJ Manuel's backup before starting his third year out of high school. Manziel redshirted in 2011 before starting in 2012. Baker Mayfield was bad and ended up hurt / benched his Freshman year, sat a year, and wasn't a true star until three years out of high school. RG3 put up some nice stats, but on a 4-8 team that was nothing special, sat the 2009 season out with injury before coming in to his own in 2010.

There are very very few examples of a true Freshman coming in and lighting it up against top flight competition, for the reasons that @Deep Purple mentioned.

Tech is a very hostile environment and as such a difficult place to break in a new QB. KH has struggled this year and SR is an exciting prospect moving forward. That being said KH struggles and all probably represents the best chance to win game. If KH is banged up and SR gets the nod it will be interesting to see what he can do. We should curb our expectations for him and the outcome of this game and be excited about what the future may hold. Bottom line playing Tech in Lubbock sucks and given all our injuries and problems on offense it's not hard to imagine this being a loss but it's not on SR.

netty2424

Tech is a very hostile environment and as such a difficult place to break in a new QB. KH has struggled this year and SR is an exciting prospect moving forward. That being said KH struggles and all probably represents the best chance to win game. If KH is banged up and SR gets the nod it will be interesting to see what he can do. We should curb our expectations for him and the outcome of this game and be excited about what the future may hold. Bottom line playing Tech in Lubbock sucks and given all our injuries and problems on offense it's not hard to imagine this being a loss but it's not on SR.
Probably won't be this week. Seems as though their fan base has thrown in the towel. Might actually be a good place to cut his teeth.

Wexahu

This year Lubbock is no more a hostile environment than any other road environment in the conference, outside of Lawrence, Kansas. And Tech has a pretty terrible defense.

Lone Frog

Don't care who, just win the conference title.
Just don't drop the middle LB out of the zone against OU. We should be good.
BEAT TECH and create turnovers.

What are these "turnovers" you speak of? Seriously, we haven't taken the ball away from anyone since Kansas State.

mc1502

Heard from someone who is pretty close to the program that Hill isn't even making the trip. Is there any way this could be true?

W

Way of the Frog

Those OU [ "illegitimate Baylor boys" ]! They killed Kenny!!!

Might be a bit extreme on my part, but after reading some of the wild ass theories posted here I thought would-be go to the farthest point I could imagine and we can walk it back from there.

So Kenny most likely somewhere between dead and perfectly healthy and ready to beat Tech's ass.

Best part is we will find out Saturday.

TheFDN

Jameis redshirted a year, then was EJ Manuel's backup before starting his third year out of high school. Manziel redshirted in 2011 before starting in 2012. Baker Mayfield was bad and ended up hurt / benched his Freshman year, sat a year, and wasn't a true star until three years out of high school. RG3 put up some nice stats, but on a 4-8 team that was nothing special, sat the 2009 season out with injury before coming in to his own in 2010.

There are very very few examples of a true Freshman coming in and lighting it up against top flight competition, for the reasons that @Deep Purple mentioned.
That's incorrect. Jameis Winston redshirted his first year, was named the starter his RS freshman year and proceeded to win the Heisman that year.

Last edited:

Snoop1122

This is purely conjecture right now that Robinson even starts. There has been no confirmation as to how severe Hills's injury is as of right now though it would be nice for Robinson to play a little down the stretch.

TX_Krötenechse

Heard from someone who is pretty close to the program that Hill isn't even making the trip. Is there any way this could be true?
I have no inside knowledge, but this would be 100% wrong unless Hill has been kicked off the team, which hasn’t happened (or we would already know about it). Even if he can’t play, he’ll be on the sidelines to help out Robinson.

Planks

I think there is a better record with true freshman when they take over the starting role in the later in the season rather than being the starter from day 1. Deshaun Watson, Pat Mahomes, and Mason Rudolph are examples of true freshman who didn’t start the season as a starter, but eventually took over the role and played really well.

I’m definitely not saying Robinson will play well or will be close to as good as Hill, but he was here for spring ball and it’s week 12 of college football. This isn’t like us throwing a true freshman to the wolves week 1 after he’s only be enrolled for three weeks of fall practice.

Last edited:
Based on what? Have you seen their stadium last few games? Damn near empty.
I certainly hope you are right and their stadium remains empty come Saturday. That being said, I would think there would be a much greater turnout for a game vs a regional rival having a good season in TCU than one featuring KState & and a 1-8 Baylor team.