• The KillerFrogs

Actually looking forward to seeing what Robinson can do starting.

ifrog

We are not going to beat OU in Round 2 with KH. Coaches see that and see an opportunity to break in a new QB for next year.

That's not an indictment on KH, its on GP's defense. We can't contain Bakefield and GP is grasping for any offense that can keep up for his defense to hold in this conference.

So the coaches are conceding that we are going to lose even if we had Tom Brady at QB so let’s get the freshman some snaps because who cares about a B12 championship? Oh and our top ranked defense can’t stop OU because of one game?SMFH!

Zubaz

I can't imagine this is anything but mind games or a truly bad injury that, frankly, we didn't notice right at the end of the game when Kenny was still out there.

It's not like we're 4-5 and the season is a lost cause here. We still have a very real shot at winning the conference championship (even considering a bad game against the current frontrunner). The idea that you look at an 8-2 season and possible conference title berth and think "Shut her down, time to rebuild for next year" is insane. The idea that you start a true freshman QB over a 5th (6th?) year Senior in a hostile environment against a team that is no slouch is equally crazy.

Deep Purple

I don't see why Robinson won't be ready. He's been in the system long enough now and has been sharing practice reps. with Kenny. Look at Iowa State for a reference - Park leaves, Kempt goes down, then Noland comes in even though OSU barely beats them, they still scored 42 points on OSU and none of those 3 QB's were as highly recruited as Robinson. Expect Robinson to play good. TT is a little weak on defense so it should be a good start for him.
1081.gif

High school and college ball are two different games -- just like college football and the NFL. It's virtually never an easy transition. Even Andy Dalton struggled during his first two years at TCU (at one point, Patterson benched for throwing too many interceptions) and only shined during his junior and senior years.

I can't understand you guys who think we can just throw a green star-HS QB to the wolves and he will magically transform into He-Man. It happens on rare occasions -- but VERY rare. For every Manziel or RGIII or Mayfield you can name, I can show you 30 or 40 who completely fizzled in their first few years and later failed completely or didn't become at least moderately successful until their latter years in college ball.

Too many are looking for the quick-fix, the miracle worker. Reminds me of when Texas Tech hired Chad Glasgow from TCU to try out the 4-2-5 defense there, thinking it was just a formation defense and any coach knowledgeable in it could just install it at Tech and get instant success. Plug-and-play.

They learned better. Even when Gary Patterson installed the 4-2-5 at TCU, it took him 2-3 years to get the right players at TCU and train them in the strategy and progressions that made it successful.

Shawn Robinson is our future and nobody is wishing him any greater success than me. But we owe him a better chance than starting against a potentially dangerous opponent playing for bowl eligibility in their home stadium, where visiting teams have a poor success rate, and facing a really hostile crowd. I do think he should see some playing time. But if Kenny Hill can start? He should be our QB.

Last edited:

LSU Game Attendee

I can't understand you guys who think we can just throw a green star-HS QB to the wolves and he will magically transform into He-Man. It happens on rare occasions -- but VERY rare. For every Manziel or RGIII or Mayfield you can name, I can show you 30 or 40 who completely fizzled in their first few years and later failed completely or didn't become at least moderately successful until their latter years in college ball.

While I agree that this should be healthy Kenny Hill's team, I don't believe your ratio.
AggyFootball, RGMe, BM, RapeyKingCrabJameis, Jake Fromm State Farm.

All but Fromm seem like pretty sub-par humans. Reports are that Robinson is a model American and natural leader of men, so maybe he lacks the psychopath qualities that enable immediate success.

Slomo37

So the coaches are conceding that we are going to lose even if we had Tom Brady at QB so let’s get the freshman some snaps because who cares about a B12 championship? Oh and our top ranked defense can’t stop OU because of one game?SMFH!

Tom Brady is no longer eligible. Come on man!

82 Frog Fever

CGP list several players between probable & questionable. That means nearly nothing. All may play, or some will play.
IF Kenny is out, the offense will be tweaked to maximize Robinson’s best stuff. If Morris can go 15+ plays, that should be a big help. After being embarrassed last week, the defense will be out for blood.
Whatever happens, this should be fun to watch and I bet the Frogs will be more than ready to play.

FrogLifeYo

I hope we don't have to start Robinson..Hill is still our best chance at payback on OU..However, I sure as heck hope we plan on getting Robinson 3-5 series a game going forward so we have some continuity going into next season..We still have a lot to play for and we need to have our name splattered in the playoff conversation as long as possible for national perception and recruiting purposes. Right now I want these last 2 games to be about clawing our way back into the top 10 and setting up a showdown with OU. I realize we have no realistic shot at a playoff spot, but we can continue to build our program with a top 10 finish.