• The KillerFrogs

Actually looking forward to seeing what Robinson can do starting.

TCURiggs

I agree with you and others quite a bit, it probably just doesn’t seem like it because if I agree, there really isn’t much more to say so I normally don’t respond to those posts.

Let’s just say road venues in the Big 12 outside of Lawrence are never “easy” places to play, and if SR is going to get thrown in there during conference play, the options for an easy, comfortable setting are few and far between. Playing In Lubbock going up against that defense isn’t the worst situation he could be in by a long shot.

Of course not, but even Gary said you'd much rather have him get his first start at home. I'm sure they're all hoping that Kenny can go on Saturday and let Shawn get some reps as we go. Everyone will be rooting for Shawn if he has to start, and I think we all expect big things out of him over his career, but throwing him out there in Lubbock for his first rodeo would be far from ideal. That's been my whole point with all of this "throw him out there and see what happens!" talk. There's a small chance that he could just light it up from the jump, but there's a much greater chance that he'd make some great plays but also make some big mistakes in that situation.

frog-hat

Not really concerned about playoffs (JimMoraPlayoffs.gif) or Big XII championship game. We're playing those [ Arschloch]s from Lubbock and the rapists from Waco. That's all the motivation I need as a fan. We need to kick their ass because they're Tech and Baylor, period. No additional motivation needed for me........of course I don't play, so we'll see.

kidkarr

We would also have a coaching staff that has been watching a stupid good QB for a year now and still starting hill over him.

Maybe he is like ty and is a great QB on saturdays and not in practice, but that is unlikely

With that said, my guess is that SR is good enough to beat tech playing the whole game.

But my guess is they start hill with the hope that we can get a 2-3 score lead and let SR play with a lead, rather than have SR play tied or behind on the road.
To unseat a senior QB, you have to be more than just a lil better. Kenny has been good, has his flaws, but overall a very solid college QB. SR would have to be lights out at practice to start over a senior. That said, if he plays, I hope he a “gamer” when it matters.

So assuming SR is the starter what's the offense going to look like? Understanding of course that he is a true freshman and with the good you also get the bad. I'm very excited about this kids potential but I would have preferred him to debut on a different stage as KH warts and all probably give TCU best chance of winning.

Wexahu

So assuming SR is the starter what's the offense going to look like? Understanding of course that he is a true freshman and with the good you also get the bad. I'm very excited about this kids potential but I would have preferred him to debut on a different stage as KH warts and all probably give TCU best chance of winning.

I wouldn't expect it to change a whole lot. Starting out I would imagine the game will be called very non-turnover friendly and then depending on well he's seeing things maybe open it up a little later on. I think he could maybe add a dimension to the running game as well.

So, assuming Kenny can't play, who would be our backup? #17?

I wouldn't expect it to change a whole lot. Starting out I would imagine the game will be called very non-turnover friendly and then depending on well he's seeing things maybe open it up a little later on. I think he could maybe add a dimension to the running game as well.

So, assuming Kenny can't play, who would be our backup? #17?
I would assume that if KH is really out that the Mule would be back-up QB.

Probably won't be this week. Seems as though their fan base has thrown in the towel. Might actually be a good place to cut his teeth.
Talked to a big Tech fan who told me that the team has pretty much quit on Kliff after he chose to run out the clock in regulation against K-State rather than going for the win with 40+ seconds left. I hope this is the case, but it's always interesting when we play them in Lubbock.

I don't know why that's necessary.

Oklahoma, Texas, Oklahoma State, West Virginia and Kansas State are 12-2 in Lubbock since we joined the league. It must just be a TCU thing then because the other better programs in the league don't have much trouble there at all. I'd say you could make the argument that every place not on your home field is a traditionally tough place to play.

Like it or not, it is a rivalry game; which means throw out the record book

4 Oaks Frog

Well, for one thing, we apparently have fans who think games are on rosters.
Actually a proper use of the word Roster. It means List. Can be a list of people/player or a list of events/games. Look it up...
We don’t need to worry much about this [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ]. We need to worry about beating ttu and then baylor. If we don’t get that [ Finebaum ] done, none of this [ deposit from a bull that looks like Art Briles ] matters.
GO FROGS!!!
BEAT ttu!!!
Spit Blood~~<~< and [Baylor asshoe]!!

OmniscienceFrog

I'd prefer Ft Worth, but we aren't playing there this week.

Regarding the Lubbock topic, you have a very different view than most, which honestly seems to be a pattern in the majority of your posts. Don't mean that to be a shot or being negative, just seems to often be the case.

The perception of Lubbock being a difficult place to play is also shared by the head coach of our football program. I'll take his word on that.
I think the fact of the matter is it's a difficult place for "TCU" to play for some reason, but not for many other Big 12 teams. Of course, prior to this season Kansas was a difficult game for TCU every year too, regardless of where it was played.

P

purplePPO

Stalker. Do I need to get another restraining order?

KH wasn’t kicked to the curb but you sir just showed your colors again. Now go back to directing traffic.

When you are able to leave your mother's basement let us know. K.H. will send you a care package. Poor, poor thing