• The KillerFrogs

Game Thread: #6 TCU @ #5 OU - 7 pm on FOX

Frogs1983

To win a Championship, you need a difference maker at QB. OU obviously has one, we don't. Hill is a good kid, but he's not a difference maker. Our HC doesn't trust him , therefore he I very conservative in his decisions when it come to taking risks. This was shown in the Iowa State game and again tonight. Cumbie deserves some blame, but he is basically working with one hand tied behind his back with Hill and HCGP's conservative approach and reliance on hos Defense(which totally was exposed tonight by OU),
Maybe things will be different next season with Robinson at QB, but for now it is what it is.(Always hated that saying).

Moose Stuff

This game is on the coaches. Played not to lose in the first half. GP needs to stop being passive at the end of the 1st half. Game could’ve been 31-21 at half, instead he tries to play for the half and its 38-14.

Punting at midfield with 8 minutes left in the 4th was mind boggling.

In order to be great, you have to take chances to win.

It wasn’t at all why we lost but it was very disappointing decision making IMO. OU went real conservative in the second half. No reason to believe they couldn’t have scored more points if they needed/wanted to.

CountryFrog

We are not as good as we think we are and are long ways away from being on same level as OU. We were out played, out coached, out everything by OU. Any rematch in a potential big 12 title game would likely end in similar result. When OU is clicking on all cylinders we just can't compete. Hard to even be mad as we just don't have the horses to run with those guys.
Except that you've been predicting this to happen in just about every game this year...

MTfrog5

It's to the point that I don't really care if Taj or Porter suck in practice. It can't be worse than some of the crap we've had to watch. Feel bad for Reagor. Kid wants to be really good, just in his own head right now.

Long Time Lurker

This game is on the coaches. Played not to lose in the first half. GP needs to stop being passive at the end of the 1st half. Game could’ve been 31-21 at half, instead he tries to play for the half and its 38-14.

Hey we went for two. That takes big brass balls. (Sarcasm font)

Mean Purple

Starting to wonder if he is already talking to another school.

puckster59

Burns has had some good years as the receivers coach but after another year of this drop thing, I'm thinking it might be a good idea to get some new perspective in that position.

For me it doesn't stop at drops. It goes to the ability to get separation, too, and run sharp routes. These aren't NFL-level corners TCU is facing week in and week out. Just watch one-on-one match-ups and how blanketed our guys tend to be.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
BearlyAFrog is clearly a troll that should be banned permanently.
I understand, but as I explained to another member tonight no one has reported him for bad conduct in 6 months until tonight. I'm not going to ban people because they're from a different school or say things positively about their school (like SoonerGrad started out doing this evening). Game threads are had to moderate because of how quickly things move, and we reply a lot on the reports, but the reports we got were not banning offenses. I finally took action because I saw something personally.

Horny4TCU

For me it doesn't stop at drops. It goes to the ability to get separation, too, and run sharp routes. These aren't NFL-level corners TCU is facing week in and week out. Just watch one-on-one match-ups and how blanketed our guys tend to be.
I'm starting to think we need better wr position coaches. Between the drops by the wr and the terrible throws, our offense lost this game.