• The KillerFrogs

Game Thread: #6 TCU @ #5 OU - 7 pm on FOX

Mean Purple

Wow, this team and the coaches gave up.

We aren't going to win a national title with this attitude.
Team did not give up. Coaching was just bad on offense...again.

But look at recent history. 2014 at bu. Blown lead cause he calls off the dogs.
Cost us shot at playoffs.

2015 in Norman. Goes for 2. Extra points were all that was needed. Excuse for not wanting overtime was just pathetic. Cost us shot at conf title.

2017 in Ames. DA goes beast mode down the field. Down near goal, go away from what got them down there
DA not on field.

Then tonight. Bye bye playoff shot.

Kids played hard. Coaches did not call plays that play to the strengths of the squad. KH is so good passing down the middle. Turp is Turp, nuff said. But we don't see the bread and butter. Puts the kids in a tough spot.

If the kids bow up, still a shot for them to get a conference title. But coaches have to put them in the spot to do it.

Riley flat outcoached GP tonight. Sure the bogus ejection hurt, as did all the holds they got away with. But coaching not to lose results in a loss.

Last edited:

Horny4TCU

Team did not give up. Coaching was just bad on offense...again.

But look at recent history. 2014 at bu. Blown lead cause he calls off the dogs.
Cost us shot at playoffs.

2015 in Norman. Goes for 2. Extra points were all that was needed. Excuse for not wanting overtime was just pathetic. Cost us shot at conf title.

2017 in Ames. DA goes beast mode down the field. Down near goal, go away from what got them down there
DA not on field.

Then tonight. Bye bye playoff shot.

Kids played hard. Coaches did not call plays that play to the strengths of the squad. KH is so good passing down the middle. Turp is Turp, nuff said. But we don't see the bread and butter. Puts the kids in a tough spot.

If the kids bow up, still a shot for them to get a conference title. But coaches have to put them in the spot to do it.

Riley float outcoached GP tonight. Sure the bogus ejection hurt, as did all the holds they got away with. But coaching not to lose results in a loss.
Agree, it just seemed that the QB and WR really quit in the 4th.

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
The stats sting... I hate to say this, but I wish we had Mayfield at QB tonight. We had the opportunity, but I'd rather have a [ profanity ] at QB and a National Title, than holding our heads with our jocks in our hands. We have the defense, but really miss the performance of an elite QB.
I agree the stats sting. Another reason I posted it. While I greatly dislike Baker, he is a baller.

You should have said, we "had" the defense. Our defense got owned in the first half.

Tough loss. But, we have way more wins this year than most thought we would have.

Where is that season prediction spreadsheet thread?

Tech is a demoralized team with their Bro Coach about to get fired. Unless the Frogs put in a totally gutless performance in Lubbock, they should be able to get a "W".
We looked pretty demoralized out there tonight. Tech is not a bad team especially playing in Lubbock. To think they are is just dumb. God I hope it's not a night game. We will have our hands full next weekend and fortunate to get a win.

Horny4TCU

I agree the stats sting. Another reason I posted it. While I greatly dislike Baker, he is a baller.

You should have said, we "had" the defense. Our defense got owned in the first half.

Tough loss. But, we have way more wins this year than most thought we would have.

Where is that season prediction spreadsheet thread?
Oh, I'm pleasantly surprised by the season. I predicted a 6-6. So happy, we are where we are. But man, this hurts because we have a great defense and it is wasted on the most unproductive offense.

Fred Garvin

I service the entire Quad Cities Area
Oh, I'm pleasantly surprised by the season. I predicted a 6-6. So happy, we are where we are. But man, this hurts because we have a great defense and it is wasted on the most unproductive offense.

Tap the brakes on us having such a great defense. Yeah the offense wasn't great, but it's not like they turned the ball over. When your defense gets torched for 38 points in the first half when your offense does not turn the ball over at all, it's hard to pin this loss 100% on the offense.

PO Frog

It's to the point that I don't really care if Taj or Porter suck in practice. It can't be worse than some of the crap we've had to watch. Feel bad for Reagor. Kid wants to be really good, just in his own head right now.
Maybe you’ve forgotten, but Porter can’t catch in actual games, regardless of what he does in practice.

Mean Purple

I predicted a 10 win season. After seeing the talent by week 4, it was obvious this team should get to 12. Still a chance, but gotta get back to what they did the first half of the season.

Frostie

tOSU blown out last week, Georgia and Notre Dame blown out today. TCU got manhandled today, happens to good teams week in and week out at all levels. Sometimes the energy level is not matched and that is what happened today, OU came to play TCU did not, end of story. For whatever reason our swag wasn't at the level of OU. Sucks big time, but next week we get well with a TT win.

CountryFrog

Sometimes teams lose games. It doesn't always mean that coaches should be fired, QBs should be benched, or that there is some massive talent differential. Sometimes you just don't play well, don't coach well and get beat. The margin for error is small when you go on the road against a top 5 team.

It was very disappointing to see the margin get out of hand in the first half but it could've easily been a 7 or 10 point game at half with just a couple plays going differently and then who knows what happens.