• The KillerFrogs

GAME THREAD: TCU vs ISU

Zubaz

By playing Hill who was obviously 'lost' the entire game, the coaches denied their team a 'chance' to win a very winnable game. Do they really have no confidence that Robinson could perform better than a totally discombobulated Kenny Hill???
You don't pull your senior QB for a true freshman down just seven. You just don't.

That said, you also don't ask him to do insane things that he isn't capable of doing, you continue to play to his strength. Which is giving the ball to #21 or #6.

dawg

The worst play by the coaches was not telling the O-line when we are inside the 3 yard line to use their 300+lb bodies, get pissed off, and put someone on their ass, and have KH hand the ball off to a RB running straight downhill right behind them. 3 straight times if you have to. And tell Cumbie to cut out the wild frog and cutesy Air Raid BS down by the goal line. Our goal line offense is embarrassing.

Every single character of this.

TK2000

Some real questions maybe somebody already knows the answer to. I’ll have to go back and watch again.

1. How many passes did we throw over 10 yards?

2. How many time did we run the Wildcat and how many yards did we gain?

3. Did we hand the ball off to a RB at any time inside the 5 yard line?

Pharm Frog

So we have a team we thought had potential to go undefeated.

Not even close? Makes no sense to me.

I had less than zero belief that we would go undefeated. I’m not in that “we”. Baylor loss far worse. Utah loss far worse. SMU loss far worse. Not even sure this is the worst feeling loss I’ve felt against ISU. Felt like the sky was falling on the program when we lost to them at ACS a few years ago. And there’s several more

TX_Krötenechse

Because it will impact the team's ability to get into the playoff, which one of their goals on the triangle.
We ain’t getting into the playoffs with a loss no matter what, so the rankings don’t really matter

There is a minute chance that if we run the table and there is some chaos elsewhere in CFB that we can make it in. But it won’t make any difference whether we are #20 or #8 or whatever on Tuesday.

tcufrogprince1

Coach Cumbie impressed the hell out of me when he pushed the run realizing the wh couldn’t throw worth a damn. This game he did the exact opposite. The bad news is that tech, it and Oklahoma can do the exact same thing. We are not a top team with Kenny and it really sucks for the rest of the seniors that played their asses off.

TX_Krötenechse

The loss at Norman two years ago. Because it did not have to be a loss. The going for 2 nonsense that some folks still want to defend.
The first two point attempt in that game was a mistake, but the second one was the right call. On the road in a hostile environment against a tough opponent, you play to win, not to go to OT.