• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

netty2424

Nah, I have gotten 3 warnings about it, and the first was from Scott. Honestly, I think I've gotten that warning once every two years because I forget about how silly of a rule that is and inevitably get flabbergasted by something and make a post using "F" preceded by how the or what the or something of that ilk.
Oh gotcha. Thought that was an uptick of warnings.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
PurplFrawg - Please give me the official Mod explanation for why "F" in place of a profanity is circumventing the filters but "darn," "ship," etc is not circumventing the filters. I've never understood this (as evidenced by my biennial warning for doing it) and would like someone to explain the reasoning to me.

7. DO NOT use profanity/vullgarities. Profanity is filtered on Killerfrogs.com and we try to make that fun for you but don't test the system by spacing out the letters, replacing letters with asterisk or other characters, or leaving blank spaces for key letters.

And the reason is obvious. This is a family friendly site and has been from Wes, to Scott, to Ryann. It has actually mellowed a little over the years...Scott nailed it every time it happened and gave many vacays to those who disregarded the rule. Saturday seemed to show a huge uptick in the disregard for the profanity filters, so the decision was made to focus on Rule #7 as well as others.

Last edited:

Horny 4 Life

PurplFrawg - Please give me the official Mod explanation for why "F" in place of a profanity is circumventing the filters but "darn," "ship," etc is not circumventing the filters. I've never understood this (as evidenced by my biennial warning for doing it) and would like someone to explain the reasoning to me.

7. DO NOT use profanity/vullgarities. Profanity is filtered on Killerfrogs.com and we try to make that fun for you but don't test the system by spacing out the letters, replacing letters with asterisk or other characters, or leaving blank spaces for key letters.[/QUOTE]

Which doesn't answer my question. How is that fundamentally different than replacing a profanity with another word. Everyone knows what the replacement word stands for, so why is what the darn ok but what the f is not? In both cases the profanity filter was circumvented.

PurplFrawg

Administrator
7. DO NOT use profanity/vullgarities. Profanity is filtered on Killerfrogs.com and we try to make that fun for you but don't test the system by spacing out the letters, replacing letters with asterisk or other characters, or leaving blank spaces for key letters.

Which doesn't answer my question. How is that fundamentally different than replacing a profanity with another word. Everyone knows what the replacement word stands for, so why is what the darn ok but what the f is not? In both cases the profanity filter was circumvented.

If you didn't understand Scott's warning and explanation, you probably won't understand mine either. The only other thing I will say is that I am comfortable using "darn" and "ship" around my grandparents and children...any form of the "F" word, not so much.

Last edited:

Purp

If you didn't understand Scott's warning and explanation, you probably won't understand mine either. The only other thing I will say is that I am comfortable using "darn" and "ship" around my grandparents and children...any form of the "F" word, not so much.
Your grandparents are still alive? You must come from good stock.

wes

KIllerfrog Emeritus

Guys....some of you may be perfectly comfortable using various curse words around your parents, grandparents, etc and thats fine for your family.

However we have a number of different families on this board and to some of those, profanity isn't acceptable.

We want all to feel comfortable here

Purp

Guys....some of you may be perfectly comfortable using various curse words around your parents, grandparents, etc and thats fine for your family.

However we have a number of different families on this board and to some of those, profanity isn't acceptable.

I was just making a joke. No beef from me regarding the rules.

Horny 4 Life

I never got an explanation from Scott, just an out of the blue banning.

I'm not trying to be confrontational, I've always wondered about this and it's never been addressed. It's not like it's being used in a manner the rules refer to where it's spelled out with spaces or other characters. It's simply the letter F. I don't view the letter F, when used in place of a profanity any different than the letter D that we see used ubiquitously in EAD or EABOD. I would just like clarification as to why some circumvention of the filters is allowed and others are not.

Horny 4 Life

Agreed and I rarely use profanity around my family. I don't have a problem with the rules, just want a little explanation for the sake of clarity.

dkfrog

Had to explain to a father one day that if his kid knew that someone saying the letter F or S or etc. meant something unsavory that it's not on the person who said it...

I'll stand by that now that I'm a father, but to each his/her own.

Tom Brown

Had to explain to a father one day that if his kid knew that someone saying the letter F or S or etc. meant something unsavory that it's not on the person who said it...

I'll stand by that now that I'm a father, but to each his/her own.

poignant. i cried a little.

TxFrog1999

The Man Behind The Curtain
There is no cleansing, unless you take into consideration what I had to do to that longhorn fan a few weeks ago...

disgusted-58cbe1e85dadeb7baec01db0-g.gif

The issue is there are a few bad actors trolling each other and causing more grief than the overwhelming majority want around here, and of course no one wants another rainbows incident...

OuM833.gif

So basically what we're saying is...

338ae6e2d110d3d9dda85ad8312598daa54854a0282d4a01e3625a25eb7d1332.0.0.jpg

Last edited:

Mean Purple

How about typing out [briles] for every possible hint of a foul word, even when it is Not? Cause I would like to keep doing that.

Chico Dusty

Received my KF t-shirt today for winning the OSU score contest. The shirt is awesome - wearing it now. I'm so official right now. Thanks to Ryann for hooking it up - and the nice note!