• The KillerFrogs

Has anyone seen my specialty plates?

Purp

USA soccer is not Bama. USA soccer is Tech. Win some we shouldn’t, lose some we shouldn’t, geographically isolated and nobody else likes us. Most importantly, owners of a completely empty trophy case.
If Gold Cups don't count then I concede the trophy case is bare. Since they're akin to conference championships I think they should count and I disagree with the Tech association.

Perhaps a better analogy would be to say the US and Mexico are like UT and OU in the B12. The most resources and opportunity and traditionally dominant in the conference, but seldom impactful on the world/national stage.

cdsfrog

Our best athletes do not play soccer/football/futbol. MLS is far behind many leagues and our country as a whole doesn't give much of a crap about the most popular sport in the world.

Similar to Men's tennis which is all but dead in America.

Purp

Our best athletes do not play soccer/football/futbol. MLS is far behind many leagues and our country as a whole doesn't give much of a crap about the most popular sport in the world.

Similar to Men's tennis which is all but dead in America.
People seem to be missing that we didn't fail to qualify for the World Cup b/c we lack the talent. In spite of the obvious weakness of American soccer relative to the world powers in the sport, we have more than enough talent to qualify for the World Cup every single time out of our region. The same way UT should make a bowl game every year with all of their talent.

US Soccer has been let down by coaching to an extent, but moreso by a weak culture in the federation and dearth of leadership in the team itself. The more I think about it the more I believe Michael Bradley is one of the weaker captains I've seen in any sport at any level. He was made captain because his work rate on the pitch was superlative and he seemed like a natural lead-by-example type of guy. But in all his years with the armband I haven't felt like he's inspired anyone to follow him. A good captain would not have allowed last night to happen. There was also a Gold Cup (can't remember the year) that we barely showed up and got embarrassed in a year we should have won.

He can't lead [ Finebaum ] down a toilet, IMO, and I think he got even more toxic for the team when his dad was canned for Jurgen.

cdsfrog

People seem to be missing that we didn't fail to qualify for the World Cup b/c we lack the talent. In spite of the obvious weakness of American soccer relative to the world powers in the sport, we have more than enough talent to qualify for the World Cup every single time out of our region. The same way UT should make a bowl game every year with all of their talent.

US Soccer has been let down by coaching to an extent, but moreso by a weak culture in the federation and dearth of leadership in the team itself. The more I think about it the more I believe Michael Bradley is one of the weaker captains I've seen in any sport at any level. He was made captain because his work rate on the pitch was superlative and he seemed like a natural lead-by-example type of guy. But in all his years with the armband I haven't felt like he's inspired anyone to follow him. A good captain would not have allowed last night to happen. There was also a Gold Cup (can't remember the year) that we barely showed up and got embarrassed in a year we should have won.

He can't lead [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] down a toilet, IMO, and I think he got even more toxic for the team when his dad was canned for Jurgen.

True I think its incredibly embarrassing not to at least qualify for the world cup,we have the talent for that. To be frank if we put the right resources into it, we could really be one of the best in the world. But it require so much I doubt it ever happens.

We'll make it to the next one. Then get knocked out by a great team.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
Didn't see this mentioned and clearly forgot for a couple days, but a TCU alum named something like Spencer Vanderbilt the 12th or somesuch kicked the living [ Finebaum ] out of Wheel of Fortune this Monday. One of the better totals I've seen pre-final-puzzle.

That wasn't one of y'all was it?

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Didn't see this mentioned and clearly forgot for a couple days, but a TCU alum named something like Spencer Vanderbilt the 12th or somesuch kicked the living [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] out of Wheel of Fortune this Monday. One of the better totals I've seen pre-final-puzzle.

A Vanderbilt? Practically a commoner. My father, Adolph Rockefeller the 8th, almost married one. But his father threatened to cut him out of his will.

Not surprised a Vanderbilt would go on a TV game show. Probably down to only a couple billion in net worth. Pathetic.

Didn't see this mentioned and clearly forgot for a couple days, but a TCU alum named something like Spencer Vanderbilt the 12th or somesuch kicked the living [ steaming pile of Orgeron ] out of Wheel of Fortune this Monday. One of the better totals I've seen pre-final-puzzle.

Guilty. Wait til you see me on Jeopardy next week.

"I'll take things only I know for $800 Alex"

BTW my friends just call me twelve

Land Frog

Darn baylor!
I never got an explanation from Scott, just an out of the blue banning.

I'm not trying to be confrontational, I've always wondered about this and it's never been addressed. It's not like it's being used in a manner the rules refer to where it's spelled out with spaces or other characters. It's simply the letter F. I don't view the letter F, when used in place of a profanity any different than the letter D that we see used ubiquitously in EAD or EABOD. I would just like clarification as to why some circumvention of the filters is allowed and others are not.
Yeah, I don't understand why EAD is allowed. A certain poster told me to do that in the game thread. He later called me "boy," twice in the same thread , yet he still kept on posting without vaca.

Chico Dusty

I know who he is. He class of '05. Won 46K

Last edited: