• The KillerFrogs

Signing Day Central: Here We Go

TCURiggs

How many 4-stars did we get this year? This tweet by Mark Cohen has me curious:

[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Mark Cohen ‏@tcusid[/background]
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]TCU has 14 4-star signees in the last 5 classes after having just 5 in the previous 8 years combined (2001-08). #TCUSigningDay[/background]

HToady

So far ESPN has our recruiting class ranked #6 in conference.
#1 Texas
#2 OU
#3 Okie Lite
#4 Baylor
#5 WVU
#6 TCU
#7 KSU
#8 KU
#9 ISU
#10 TTU

Funny. Rivals shows OU quite a bit ahead of UT in class rank. But I guess ESPNs is legally obligated not to show UT negatively.
Haven't seen anything on the LHN about the Applewhite affair or the lesbian track coach....

TX_Krötenechse

Will be interested to see how the rankings end up. I am guessing we will fall a bit and Tech will come up from the bottom. Top should stay the same, I would guess.

Looking forward to the afternoon surprises...

Young and Horned

Did we go 0-fer on all of our big recruits at the end? Real solid work.

I know right?

There are absolutely no excuses for not signing:
Nkemdiche
Hargreaves III
Smith
Lawson
Treadwell
Bigelow
Browne
Green
Fuller
Ramsey

In fact, anything less than GP getting fired is unacceptable for this basement-dwelling class.

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
I have had this theory for awhile. GP is not the type of coach that pats his players on the back when coming off the field. He is an in-your-face coach. With exceptions, the top recruits see this and might be asking themselves why they would want to play for a guy that has that type of personality. What they don't understand is that he will get them to perform at their very best when on the field. They just need to accept that. How many will do that? Very few. GP will have to win the NC without the type of players that sign with the top 10 schools every single year.

Agree to a degree, but most of these top players come to TCU during practices, JR Days, etc and see another side of CGP and they see how the players react to him which is usually very positive. The family atmosphere is discussed a lot (and not just about TCU) with recruits and the players are die-hard Frogs.

I think it is just a matter of time as TCU continues to do well in the B12 the coaches will win more & more of these battles.

TAMU, ND & Al are the hot teams this year, Or, UT, USC are starting to see a fall-off. It will change again next year and if TCU does as many of us expect look for an even better group in 2014, however I really like this class for 2013.

PurplePainD

Is there a risk with Wesley ??
Only if one of us gives him a nickname.
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]TCU Football ‏@TCUFootball[/background]
[background=rgb(245, 245, 245)]Another big TCU welcome to a 6-0, 175 cornerback from Bowie HS in Arlington: Steve Wesley! #TCUSigningDay[/background]

A big thank you to Gunner for not spoiling this signing with a nickname like, "SW3 - Wicked Wheels Wesley"

MidlandFrog

We can't close. That's our trademark. We take great swings with the bat, come really close to connecting, but end up whiffing on the pitches we need to hit. Hopefully, Coach Luper can help the staff in this regards.

Why is closing limited to the last 2 days? We got CEL, Calvin, Johnson, Antoine, and Tuaua. We kept Johnson and Tunstill. How is that not closing???? I can see why our fanbase is getting a bad rap. We cry about everything. Good class with a few potential gamechangers. Best RB class in Big 12.

cdsfrog

Just to name a few, we signed:

2 of the top 7 RB's in the state
3 of the top 7 CB's in the state
3 of the top 5 OLB's in the state
No 7 S in the state
No 4 TE in the state
No 2 C in the state
No 12 OT in the state

Good class

I appreciate this post. Thanks Riggs, makes me feel even more solid about the recruits we kept. Good work

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog
Signed:

Zach Allen
Jermaine Antione
George Baltimore
Bryson Burtnett
Cydney Calvin
Sammy Douglas
Eason Fromayan
Cameron Echols-Luper
Bryson Henderson