• The KillerFrogs

Leave your "personal seat cushions" at home.

macaroni

Probably, but it doesn't have to. Individual arm seats and bench seats with benchbacks cost more to purchase and require a larger donation than simple bench seats with no backs.

Which is why many felt that the change in policy should have been publicized prior to seat selection so people could take that into account.

I don't get all the complaining about complaining, either. Why can't people rrspectfully discuss issues related to TCU football here? If the topic doesn't interest you, don't click on the thread. If nobody is interested then the thread will quickly drop off the first page. I just don't get all the self-appointed judging of what others should be able to discuss around here.

BWDFROG

My question is if this stadium has been paid for by the funds given by some wealthy donors,Why have ticket prices gone up? If the stadium is paid for, what are the additional expenses of the university that warrants additional revenue?

Trelvis

My question is if this stadium has been paid for by the funds given by some wealthy donors,Why have ticket prices gone up? If the stadium is paid for, what are the additional expenses of the university that warrants additional revenue?

Better games....

tcumaniac

Actually, it's no change in revenue at all. TCU has always contracted the seat cushion and seatback rentals out to a third-party company for the convenience of the fans. TCU makes little to nothing on the rentals.

I have no quibble with the clamor for seatback rentals. I have no quibble with allowing personal seatbacks that meet a stipulated size restriction. My quibble is with the incessant griping and complaining on this board, which accomplishes absolutely nothing toward solving the problem. The complaint is valid, but completely mistargeted. Nobody here can do a thing about it. Lodge your complaint where it has a least a chance of doing some good. The Frog Fan Forum is not the place for that. The only satisfaction you can get here is the visceral pleasure of whining to your peers, but at the price of alienating and losing empathy from a large portion of them.
How much does TCU pay you to come on killerfrogs everyday?

50FT FROG

Which is why many felt that the change in policy should have been publicized prior to seat selection so people could take that into account.

I don't get all the complaining about complaining, either. Why can't people rrspectfully discuss issues related to TCU football here? If the topic doesn't interest you, don't click on the thread. If nobody is interested then the thread will quickly drop off the first page. I just don't get all the self-appointed judging of what others should be able to discuss around here.

+1

tcumaniac

There are two reasons for this.

1. Deep, who is paid by TCU to come on and do "damage control." We as fans are not allowed to have opinion. TCU administration decisions are always right and it is our job to blindlessly follow them. And give them all our money. No questions asked.

2. Then there are the holier than folks on here that get some kind of satisfaction out of talking down to those who express concern regarding certain situations. My guess is that they've been talked down to their entire Iives, and that they feel high and mighty backing TCU and treating anyone that ever complains about something as an ignorant and whiny baby

1. Deep, who is paid by TCU to come on and do "damage control." We as fans are not allowed to have opinion. TCU administration decisions are always right and it is our job to blindlessly follow them. And give them all our money. No questions asked.

Been saying this for a while now, but it still eludes some people.

BelushiBob

2. Then there are the holier than folks on here that get some kind of satisfaction out of talking down to those who express concern regarding certain situations. My guess is that they've been talked down to their entire Iives, and that they feel high and mighty backing TCU and treating anyone that ever complains about something as an ignorant and whiny baby

so says the frog camp facilitator

fanatical frog

Maybe the "regime" want's this issue to just go away.....so they can go back to the PR campaign they're most interested in....convincing us our new seats on row U on the east side are "really great seats"....every bit as good as our old seats on the 26th row around the 30 yard line on the west side?

Boomhauer

+1.

Deep, if you don't want to read the complaints don't click on the thread. I think we are all getting tired of Deep's constant whining.

dweller

I didn't agree with RSF about maximizing revenue. I thanked him for interjecting common sense into the thread. Top-level college football is all about revenue, but not just maximizing revenue gain. It's also about minimizing revenue loss.

Currently, TCU has CSC events personnel at every stadium entrance to take tickets and different CSC personnel to inspect bags and containers. The same people cannot do both tasks without slowing stadium entry to a virtual standstill. That's why double personnel are needed. Add an additional task like measuring personal seatbacks to meet a size restriction, and TCU has to add even more event personnel for that task. That's a revenue loss, as well as an added delay to stadium entry.

My opinion? Despite the cost, I think it should be done anyway to accommodate the fans, but I'm not a decision-maker. My problem with this thread is that it accomplishes not one thing toward getting the accommodation put into effect. It's simply a lot of howling at the wind. Perhaps emotionally satisfying, but ultimately a futile waste of energy and bandwidth that antagonizes a sizable portion of fellow fans.

If the complaint is valid (and I think it is), voice it where it may actually do some good, with the decision-makers. It does nothing at all here but irritate people.
Sorry you are wrong about that. CDC is aware of what is said on this forum and if it is causing this much conversation here, then it does indicate there is a problem. Although nothing is going to change thiis year, it may in the future. If you don't like reading these complaint threads there is a simple solution.............don't click on them.

Boomhauer

Sorry you are wrong about that. CDC is aware of what is said on this forum and if ti si causing this much conversation here, then it does indicate there is a problem. Although nothing is going to change thiis year, it may in the future. If you don't like reading hese complaint threads there is a simple solution.............don't click on them.

This. Hell, didn't TCU get rid of the dinosaur logo because of the Kfc outcry?

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
+1.

Deep, if you don't want to read the complaints don't click on the thread. I think we are all getting tired of Deep's constant whining.

That's an interesting perspective, considering most of this thread can be construed as whining in one form or another.

pcf

I'm a little surprised that people didn't see this coming. Why do teams build new stadiums? To maximize revenue streams. Tickets went up, parking went up, club seats were created. Why not this, too? The new FrogVision is another example. The school is going monetize everything possible. College sports is a nuclear arms race, and our arsenal is smaller than most. It sucks, more for some than for others, but that's life in the big time. So, for 3-4 hrs 6 times every fall, I'm going to down a couple Alleve, slap an IcyHot patch on my lower back and head for the stadium.

The problem is that people will spend more freely when they get more for their money and not less. In America, we induce people to spend more by offering more. What more does TCU have to offer? They sold all their chairs and bench backs and you can't get them without the proper amount of points.

Now TCU is headed into pro football territory. For a lot of fans, the experience might be a lot better on TV than in the stands.

Delmonico

Semi-Omnipotent Being
Now TCU is headed into pro football territory. For a lot of fans, the experience might be a lot better on TV than in the stands.

Where much of college football already resides. Think about it.....those 'scholarship contributions' required for many ticket purchases are nothing more than PSLs. The nickel-and-dime stuff were talking about here is already built into the high ticket prices of NFL games (because NFL teams wouldn't be caught dead with bench seating). And what's FrogVision and LHN (among others) but the NFL Sunday Ticket on a smaller scale?

You what this is like? The airlines. back in the day, you bought your ticket, dropped off your bags, sat in your seat, ate your free meal and drank your complimentary soft drink. Now, everything is its own little separate fee. People bitched to high heaven, then adjusted. They pack a little lighter, eat and drink a little less. The airlines get their revenue bump, just less than they might have wished, and people get where they want to go.

Hunt Together

Huge increase in demand, small decrease in supply.