• The KillerFrogs

Where were you......

Deep Purple

delayed response, but i lived very close to where Nicole Brown was murdered. i've met her a few times (yes out partying!!) I've been to Mezzaluna and I still frequent the Baja Cantina, where poor Ron Goldman was ultimately headed that night. This was a horrible horrible crime. OJ was so OBVIOUSLY guilty. Most of us could not believe the verdict at the time. I do vividly remember watching the NY Knicks playoff game that was suspended while the Bronco chase on the 405 was going on.

I do recommend watching the Academy Awarding Winning documentary about OJ Simpson - OJ: Made in America (it aired on ESPS) - its 8 hours and broken up into 5 segments. It is a fascinating expose of Simpson and what it was like living in Los Angeles at the time and what led up to his ultimate acquittal in his criminal trial. I highly recommend watching if you haven't seen it.

Its sad that he is being released from prison yet ironic he even ended up spending any time there. His ego and narcissism transcendence his crimes....
Kind of ironic. So many Texans moved to California during the 70s-90s, but during the 2000s the trend reversed, with myriads of Californians moving to Texas. The Texas Standard report on NPR broadcast a story on this phenomenon a few days ago. They called it "The California Exodus."

They interviewed one twenty-something Cali newcomer on why he made the move. He replied, "When I lived in California, all my friends who had moved to Texas were getting jobs, marrying, buying homes, and having children. But all my California friends were living with their parents."

WhatTheFrog

Kind of ironic. So many Texans moved to California during the 70s-90s, but during the 2000s the trend reversed, with myriads of Californians moving to Texas. The Texas Standard report on NPR broadcast a story on this phenomenon a few days ago. They called it "The California Exodus."

They interviewed one twenty-something Cali newcomer on why he made the move. He replied, "When I lived in California, all my friends who had moved to Texas were getting jobs, marrying, buying homes, and having children. But all my California friends were living with their parents."

Don't California my Texas.

SwissArmyFrog

Saw a documentary a few months back, and one of the jurors freely admitted that she knew going in that she would find him not guilty.

Also interviewed a defense attny who stated they did things to get his hands as large as possible, and prior to the jury getting a 'tour' of OJ's home, the defense took out pictures of white and replaced them with pics of black people.

YA

There are those who have concluded that the DA's decision to change the trials venue virtually ended any semblance of an opportunity for a fair trial to be conducted. Presumably, his motivation was to enhance his own future political career.
The change of venue was because of the Northridge earthquake in Jan 94' had damaged the Santa Monica Courthouse and trying to get the larger minority pool of potential jurors upset that a black man was with a white girl. Political ambitions and prosecutors incompetence also played even a larger role.

WhatTheFrog

I read the book (formerly titled "If I Did It"). It reads like a confession. There are details and descriptions of the night of the murders that read like a first hand account.

When OJ was found innocent? I was in the high school cafeteria. I remember the school erupting. It was the first time I actually noticed a racial divide. Most of the school (The Woodlands) was booing, but about 12 of our black students were cheering. No violence came of it, but it definitely stuck in my head. Only other thing I can remember in such a way is 9/11. So where were you?
Can't remember, but have you ever heard Chris Rock's standup where he discusses the verdict? Freakin' comedy GOLD.