• The KillerFrogs

Where were you......

Zubaz

Not really sure, somewhere in Middle school. I remember not really caring, because it felt like it was already a foregone conclusion that he was going to walk. The prosecution was so beyond inept in that case that it was borderline negligence, and when Fuhrman pled the 5th they were totally sunk. Reasonable doubt and all that.

satis1103

DAOTONPYH EHT LIAH LLA
When OJ was found innocent? I was in the high school cafeteria. I remember the school erupting. It was the first time I actually noticed a racial divide. Most of the school (The Woodlands) was booing, but about 12 of our black students were cheering. No violence came of it, but it definitely stuck in my head. Only other thing I can remember in such a way is 9/11. So where were you?
Almost the exact same situation, but at the Nolan Catholic HS cafeteria.

Armadillo

I remember The Chase from the year before much more than the actual verdict. I remember exactly where I was for The Chase (and the NBA Finals).

As for the actual verdict, I was working at Joe T Garcia's in October of 1995, and was knee deep in hot chicks so wasn't too in tune with current events.

OT....anyone around here have a time machine? Can I go back to 1995? Anyone? Help! Please!

Frog-in-law1995

I remember The Chase from the year before much more than the actual verdict. I remember exactly where I was for The Chase (and the NBA Finals).

As for the actual verdict, I was working at Joe T Garcia's in October of 1995, and was knee deep in hot chicks so wasn't too in tune with current events.

OT....anyone around here have a time machine? Can I go back to 1995? Anyone? Help! Please!

I was working at the Longhorn Saloon back then. Bet we crossed paths.

AroundWorldFrog

Company sales meeting at some nice resort on Camelback Mountain in Phoenix. We took a break when they announced the jury was back to hear the verdict. 20 or so extremely incredulous people.

Frog-in-law1995

For the lawyer types - why?
Weak case?
Dumb judge?
Racist cops?
Insufficient prosecution vs star lawyers?

TV

Cameras were responsible for so much dumb in that trial. Furman's unnecessary lying, prosecutors' indefensible decision to have OJ try the glove on, and the judge giving the defense a lot of latitude were the major things, I think.

PO Frog

For the lawyer types - why?
Weak case?
Dumb judge?
Racist cops?
Insufficient prosecution vs star lawyers?
In all honesty? I don't think him murdering her on video would have swayed some of the jurors. Johnnie Cochran knew blacks would be great for them on the jury. Marcia Clark wrongly thought women, even if black, would be appalled at OJs conduct, so she was pleased with getting the black women on the jury. Case closed.

Latest posts