• The KillerFrogs

Where were you......

froginaustin

TV

Cameras were responsible for so much dumb in that trial. Furman's unnecessary lying, prosecutors' indefensible decision to have OJ try the glove on, and the judge giving the defense a lot of latitude were the major things, I think.

No. Judge Itto was responsible for permitting a courtroom circus. Lousy job by prosecutors with apparent political ambitions clouding what little good judgment they had.

I was an already cynical lawyer that laughed when the State's attempted railroad job fell apart. The way that case was tried by the prosecutors, there certainly was reasonable doubt. Those prosecutors may very well have lost the civil case, too, if they had tried it.

Frog-in-law1995

No. Judge Itto was responsible for permitting a courtroom circus. Lousy job by prosecutors with apparent political ambitions clouding what little good judgment they had.

I was an already cynical lawyer that laughed when the State's attempted railroad job fell apart. The way that case was tried by the prosecutors, there certainly was reasonable doubt. Those prosecutors may very well have lost the civil case, too, if they had tried it.

Railroad?

NavyFrog

I was flying off the USS Independence in the Persian Gulf, supporting Operation Southern Watch, the UN imposed no-fly zone in southern Iraq. Not much access to the news back then aboard ship. Only got what the ships public affairs officer printed in the ships news paper. I think most of us were more concerned on when we would be headed home than OJ.

froginmn

I better remember where I was when I heard about the whole incident the first time. Was staining a friend's deck. He told me his dog could go in and out of the house on that hot June day. I was careful to make sure he didn't walk across the stained planks but wasn't paying attention to him going under the deck and coming out.

After about an hour I looked at him and saw that he had steaks of stain on his pure white back from squeezing under the side.

Had to grow it out...

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
In some electronics store in Houston where crowds were surrounding all the tvs. The racial split was total. Some amazing taunts thrown by a group of African Americans. I thought a riot was going to break out, but didn't.

The stupidest move other than allowing the glove to be put on was Darden nit coming back on redirect and asking OJ to hold the knife in the ill fitting glove and asking him to to make stabbing motion or even just wrapping the glove around the knife and asking for the same motion. "Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, as you can see, the glove does not have to fit..."

Frog-in-law1995

In some electronics store in Houston where crowds were surrounding all the tvs. The racial split was total. Some amazing taunts thrown by a group of African Americans. I thought a riot was going to break out, but didn't.

The stupidest move other than allowing the glove to be put on was Darden nit coming back on redirect and asking OJ to hold the knife in the ill fitting glove and asking him to to make stabbing motion or even just wrapping the glove around the knife and asking for the same motion. "Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, as you can see, the glove does not have to fit..."

Anybody who's ever played organized baseball knew immediately that it was a stupid idea to try the glove. Every spring you had to buy a new pair of batting gloves because last year's got sweaty, then sat in your bag in the closet over winter. When you try them on to get ready for next season, they've shrunk a little and don't fit. And that's without a latex glove underneath like OJ got to wear.

Frog-in-law1995

The issue was whether it was his glove, though. If they didn't fit, they likely weren't his (was the assumption).

Zubaz

Anybody who's ever played organized baseball knew immediately that it was a stupid idea to try the glove. Every spring you had to buy a new pair of batting gloves because last year's got sweaty, then sat in your bag in the closet over winter. When you try them on to get ready for next season, they've shrunk a little and don't fit. And that's without a latex glove underneath like OJ got to wear.
To be fair, didn't Bailey taunt Darden (the infamous "balls of a stud field mouse") and let him know that if Darden didn't have him try on the glove, he was going to anyway? Probably a bluff, but something to consider.

If memory serves, OJ also knew it was coming, and went off his arthritis meds for a while in case it came up.

Frog-in-law1995

To be fair, didn't Bailey taunt Darden (the infamous "balls of a stud field mouse") and let him know that if Darden didn't have him try on the glove, he was going to anyway? Probably a bluff, but something to consider.

If memory serves, OJ also knew it was coming, and went off his arthritis meds for a while in case it came up.

Hadn't heard about arthritis meds. I was under the impression the D didn't have much, if any, advance knowledge. Otherwise, OJ eats salt and drinks gallons of water for several days beforehand.

Hoosierfrog

Tier 1
The issue was whether it was his glove, though. If they didn't fit, they likely weren't his (was the assumption).

No, the issue was, "if they don't fit, you must acquit." His blood was on them, he lied about not having Bruno Magli shoes that just happened to have left a print in his size in the blood, he had purchased a knife the forensically matched wounds, his hair found in stocking host at the scene and on Ron Goldman, fiber evidence consistent with the Bronco carpet found a Rockingham, OJ's blood found at the scene, blood on OJ's socks matched Nicole's, blood on his driveway matched Nicole's, and the gloves matched matched XL Aris Light gloves Nicole bought for him at Bloomingdale's in 1990.

Rosy Grier former Ram tackle apparently said confessed. Chris Kardashian said her husband thought he was guilty.

Few murder cases have as much documented evidence. The implication of cover up and planted evidence has had no substance, rationale or motive. Not mention where they got OJs blood to plant.

Then there is the odd behavior of an innocent man going on a police chase and conveniently leaving town and staying at an airport hotel where conveniently he cut himself on broken glass.

Limp Lizard

I was probably at work. It wasn't like the Kennedy Assassination or 911 (my 25th wedding anniversary, too). I found it interesting, but that was all. Did not really affect my life. Not like 11/22/63 (high school speech class I believe), or 911 (at home, then listening on the radio while running errands).