• The KillerFrogs

Wes, Need A Rumor Confirmed...

YA

Wes, is it true that a large segment of the TCU fan base have manginas and don't get the large picture of this? We'll get 10 times the hype by media, recruits, etc for playing the game at Jerry World.
Only if ESPN sets up shop in Fort Worth for the week since it is a Opening/Special game as how this is being hyped. If not, it will get the same coverage with the media, recruits, etc if the game were played at ACS.

Planks

My fear is that this turns out to be a LSU situation where we only get one bite at the apple and that bite comes during a down year. Our one shot at LSU came during our 4-8 season, and we got no shot at revenge.

If that game had stayed a home and home, we would have had LSU at home during our 12-1 2014 season. A OOC win over LSU might have been the thing that bumped us in to the play offs that year.

BABYFACE

OSU DDAD:

"The Dallas Cowboys and AT&T Stadium reached out to TCU about moving their 2018 home game with Ohio State to Arlington," deputy director of athletics Martin Jarmond said. "TCU contacted us and we are thrilled to return to a site that has such wonderful memories for all Buckeye fans."

Damn, not happy about that.

smufrogger

I will feel better about this if the Ohio state game comes with the season ticket pckage. Not holding my breath though and will anticipate $150 nosebleed seats
After paying a boatload at jerryworld in the fourth deck to see tcu vs lsu never again will I do so. The place will be full of Ohio fans vs a tcu home game and that's sad

ScottPatrick

Please explain the accounting on this.

The more you look at this deal the worse it is for season ticket holders, extremely bad in fact:

The facts: TCU loses one home game on the schedule and replaced with nothing, absolutely nothing.
That home game was with Ohio State.
What do you think the value of a ticket to an Ohio State game at ACS was worth?
My guess on a low end was $500, but you know many of those were worth over $2,000 with zero in return.

TCU got their money so the $5 mill is a plus to them but at what cost to the season ticket holders?

First off if they now want to see the game it will cost an extra?

Second they lose 100% of the value of their original tickets.

How many season ticket holders? 30,000 on low end?

Initial value lost is 30,000 time $500 or $15,000,000

Add the cost to purchase new tickets and basically CDC out the season ticket holders big time for a lousy $5 mill

Last edited:

Peacefrog

Degenerate
The more you look at this deal the worse it is for season ticket holders, extremely bad in fact:

The facts: TCU loses one home game on the schedule and replaced with nothing, absolutely nothing.
That home game was with Ohio State.
What do you think the value of a ticket to an Ohio State game at ACS was worth?
My guess on a low end was $500, but you know many of those were worth over $2,000 with zero in return.

TCU got there money so the $5 mill is a plus to them but at what cost to the season ticket holders?

First off if they now want to see the game it will cost an extra?

Second they lose 100% of the value of their original tickets.

How many season ticket holders? 30,000 on low end?

Initial value lost is 30,000 time $500 or $15,000,000

Add the cost to purchase new tickets and basically CDC out the season ticket holders big time for a lousy $5 mill
My season tickets cost $300 each. That's $50 per for a six game season. In no way would an Ohio State ticket have a value of $500-$2000 to me. I wouldn't sell it. So I'm out nothing. I'm not forced to go to Jerry World. Again out nothing. Too many assumptions in your argument for me.

I get everyone is disappointed. We are still playing Ohio State though.

Last edited:

ScottPatrick

My season tickets cost $300 each. That's $50 per for a six game season. In no way would anOhoo State ticket have a value of $500-$2000 to me. I wouldn't sell it. So I'm out nothing. I'm not forced to go to Jerry World. Again out nothing. Too many assumptions in your argument for me.

I get everyone is disappointed. We are still playing Ohio State though.

You get nothing in return for giving up one game, so you are out that at least. However you are not looking at the FMV of what you lost, if you are only looking at dollars spent yes you are out through not much, but looking at the FMV of what you lost you lose big time.

Basically you could have sold your tickets and still be in the same boat because there is no replacement.