• The KillerFrogs

Wes, Need A Rumor Confirmed...

CountryFrog

The more you look at this deal the worse it is for season ticket holders, extremely bad in fact:

The facts: TCU loses one home game on the schedule and replaced with nothing, absolutely nothing.
That home game was with Ohio State.
What do you think the value of a ticket to an Ohio State game at ACS was worth?
My guess on a low end was $500, but you know many of those were worth over $2,000 with zero in return.

TCU got there money so the $5 mill is a plus to them but at what cost to the season ticket holders?

First off if they now want to see the game it will cost an extra?

Second they lose 100% of the value of their original tickets.

How many season ticket holders? 30,000 on low end?

Initial value lost is 30,000 time $500 or $15,000,000

Add the cost to purchase new tickets and basically CDC out the season ticket holders big time for a lousy $5 mill
While I agree that season ticket holders are the losers in this, I think that calling it a $15 million loss is a massive exaggeration.

I hate that I won't get to see the game at ACS and will instead have to pay extra to see it in Arlington. I have 4 tickets, but I don't feel at all like I just lost $2000 or more.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
You get nothing in return for giving up one game, so you are out that at least. However you are not looking at the FMV of what you lost, f you are only looking at dollars spent yes you are out through not much, but looking at the FMV of what you lost you lose big time.

Looking at FMV for something that will never be on the market is silly.

ScottPatrick

Looking at FMV for something that will never be on the market is silly.

Don't understand this comment. If you are happy, fine but you lost a home game on the schedule no matter what. It won't be replaced because there was not a slot opened.

You can argue the price of a season ticket for an Ohio State game at ACS all you want but to say it was nothing is ludicrous. I thought my $500 was low maybe you could say $300? Either way it is a huge loss.

ScottPatrick

While I agree that season ticket holders are the losers in this, I think that calling it a $15 million loss is a massive exaggeration.

I hate that I won't get to see the game at ACS and will instead have to pay extra to see it in Arlington. I have 4 tickets, but I don't feel at all like I just lost $2000 or more.

I think $15 mill is on the low end. You aren't understanding that you completely lose the value of your ticket for a home game at ACS against Ohio State, you get nada, nothing in return for that game being moved. How much do you think you could have sold your tickets to that game for if it was to be played at ACS?

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I think $15 mill is on the low end. You aren't understanding that you completely lose the value of your ticket for a home game at ACS against Ohio State, you get nada, nothing in return for that game being moved. How much do you think you could have sold your tickets to that game for if it was to be played at ACS?
But I wouldn't sell my ticket so it's an asinine question. It has no value to me beyond what I paid for it.

ScottPatrick

But I wouldn't sell my ticket so it's an asinine question. It has no value to me beyond what I paid for it.

Really? That isn't the point, what value did you lose whether you sold it or kept it?

If you lose a Rembrandt painting do you just say I didn't lose anything because I would never had sold it?

You got nothing in return buddy, you lost big.

RollToad

Baylor is Trash.
ScottPatrick, you must be assuming we are all +4 people. I wouldn't sell my tickets to a game against the darneyes at AGCS because I would be going myself.

I'm tired. Darn Ohio State for life.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Don't understand this comment. If you are happy, fine but you lost a home game on the schedule no matter what. It won't be replaced because there was not a slot opened.

You can argue the price of a season ticket for an Ohio State game at ACS all you want but to say it was nothing is ludicrous. I thought my $500 was low maybe you could say $300? Either way it is a huge loss.

Oh no. My $300 is only for 6 games instead of 7. Just like it is in 2017.

I would love to have OSU come to Fort Worth. It's disappointing they won't be. But I'm not in the camp of this being a huge slap in the face to all Frog fans and season ticket holders. I had little expectation this game would happen anyway.

Anyhow, you sir are more than entitled to your opinion and appreciate your passion. We just view this situation through a very different lens.

ScottPatrick

ScottPatrick, you must be assuming we are all +4 people. I wouldn't sell my tickets to a game against the darneyes at AGCS because I would be going myself.

I'm tired. Darn Ohio State for life.

See my previous comment. It is about value lost not dollars invested.

Peacefrog

Degenerate
Really? That isn't the point, what value did you lose whether you sold it or kept it?

If you lose a Rembrandt painting do you just say I didn't lose anything because I would never had sold it?

You got nothing in return buddy, you lost big.
I didn't lose anything. But you can keep telling me I did.

Edit: also the Rembrandt thing - not a logical argument. I may never sell it but it could be given to my children when I die and they could choose to sell it. My ticket would be worthless in any sense once the game is played.

ScottPatrick

Oh no. My $300 is only for 6 games instead of 7. Just like it is in 2017.

I would love to have OSU come to Fort Worth. It's disappointing they won't be. But I'm not in the camp of this being a huge slap in the face to all Frog fans and season ticket holders. I had little expectation this game would happen anyway.

Anyhow, you sir are more than entitled to your opinion and appreciate your passion. We just view this situation through a very different lens.

I am glad you are fine with it.

The point trying to be made is not really about individual seat holders but rather the value CDC gave up for the extra $5 million.

Whether you understand finance and equitable values is irrelevant, point is CDC gave up over $15 million in ticket values so TCU could get an extra $5 mill. He sold you out!

Peacefrog

Degenerate
I am glad you are fine with it.

The point trying to be made is not really about individual seat holders but rather the value CDC gave up for the extra $5 million.

Whether you understand finance and equitable values is irrelevant, point is CDC gave up over $15 million in ticket values so TCU could get an extra $5 mill. He sold you out!

Condescend me again, please. Just because you feel strongly about something does not mean you are right nor does it mean others are not entitled to their own opinions. But you go on feeling good about yourself. I have much better ways to spend my time than arguing with the likes of you.

TCUFROG1998

I'm just shaking my head at these posts. Does anyone not understand the fact that if we didn't agree to this then OSU would have bought out of the home and home altogether? We didn't have a choice. CDC can't say that publicly because that's not good for image.

Let me put it this way. If you had the best date to prom but she only agreed to going because you bought her a $5k purse are you going to tell anyone? The answer is no! Just part of it guys when you are dealing with a team like this.

ScottPatrick

Condescend me again, please. Just because you feel strongly about something does not mean you are right nor does it mean others are not entitled to their own opinions. But you go on feeling good about yourself. I have much better ways to spend my time than arguing with the likes of you.

Because it is not a matter of opinion, it is a matter of lost values. Bottom line you lost a home game against Ohio State, there is no opinion to be that, it is gone.

You can have an opinion on how much you think that game was worth per ticket but you think it is $50, that is not nearly the correct answer and you can get any ticket agency in the country to try and say that and they would all laugh at you.

ScottPatrick

I'm just shaking my head at these posts. Does anyone not understand the fact that if we didn't agree to this then OSU would have bought out of the home and home altogether? We didn't have a choice. CDC can't say that publicly because that's not good for image.

Let me put it this way. If you had the best date to prom but she only agreed to going because you bought her a $5k purse are you going to tell anyone? The answer is no! Just part of it guys when you are dealing with a team like this.

I mentioned that earlier and it was just speculation not fact but even if true they would have at least substituted a game. In this scenario a home game is completely lost, gone, nothing in return.

Your scenario is pointless because they were other options of value. They could have taken the buy-out money and brought in another game. In other words your best date to the prom would have paid you so she didnt have to go and you get to ask someone else who is much more likable anyway.

Last edited:

TCUFROG1998

I mentioned that earlier but even if true they would have at least substituted a game. In this scenario a home game it completely lost, gone, nothing in return.

Your scenario is pointless because they were other options of vale. They could have taken the buy-out money and brought in another game.

Sure we could have got $ but the only other option would have been to give up the home game and play 1 AT OSU. Or more buyout $ for two games over two years and scramble for an apponent 2 years in a row and that wouldn't have been good. Certainly not a P5 at home in 2018. So really don't know what else CDC could have done without losing the pride argument for TCU. OSU never intended on a home and home. They were going to pull this from the start.