• The KillerFrogs

Wes, Need A Rumor Confirmed...

ScottPatrick

Sure we could have got $ but the only other option would have been to give up the home game and play 1 AT OSU. Or more buyout $ for two games over two years and scramble for an apponent 2 years in a row and that wouldn't have been good. Certainly not a P5 at home in 2018. So really don't know what else CDC could have done without losing the pride argument for TCU. OSU never intended on a home and home. They were going to pull this from the start.

What?

First you are assuming the rumor is true. I mentioned it much earlier today and have heard it long before today but no way do you or i know if it is real.

Second we are already now scrambling to fill the second slot opened so why bring that up?

Third , why would CDC's pride be hurt if OSU buys out?

Fourth, there are currently over 50 openings with P5 schools for 2018, you don't think we could get 1?

TCUFROG1998

What?

First you are assuming the rumor is true. I mentioned it much earlier today and have heard it long before today but no way do you or i know if it is real.

Second we are already now scrambling to fill the second slot opened so why bring that up?

Third , why would CDC's pride be hurt if OSU buys out?

Fourth, there are currently over 50 openings with P5 schools for 2018, you don't think we could get 1?

It's just basic reason man assuming the big picture and knowing we would have to get someone to come here. We've figured out through recent experience that not many teams want to. I certainly don't know the details just trying to make a best guess based on what we know right now. And what I said makes the most sense for the better of the school and business (with what we know right now). Just the way it goes

ScottPatrick

It's just basic reason man assuming the big picture and knowing we would have to get someone to come here. We've figured out through recent experience that not many teams want to. I certainly don't know the details just trying to make a best guess based on what we know right now. And what I said makes the most sense for the better of the school and business (with what we know right now). Just the way it goes

Decisions are easier if you ignore shareholder value and CDC took the easy way to a few extra bucks. However it may cost him in the future as it is now obvious a season ticket is really only worth few big conference games.

And actually the transaction makes little sense even for TCU as far as dollars even in short-term but it is what it is.

frog-hat

You get nothing in return for giving up one game, so you are out that at least. However you are not looking at the FMV of what you lost, if you are only looking at dollars spent yes you are out through not much, but looking at the FMV of what you lost you lose big time.

Basically you could have sold your tickets and still be in the same boat because there is no replacement.

And that's exactly what CDC did from TCU's perspective. He got the series scheduled; he sold it for 5 MM$. I'm not too happy but if you're going to look at it as economics only then give CDC that right too.

kodiak

I get the FMV bit. For me, moving the venue means no trip to the metroplex. I place little personal value on going to the Death Star. It is an expensive visit with a less Frog Factor atmosphere. In retrospect, I am surprised we got the Hogs at the Carter.

Bob

Wes,

Any truth to the rumor that CDC is working hard to replace Ohio State with a "State" that we can beat at home? Unlike Kansas State, Oklahoma State. Maybe Texas State?

Pharm Frog

More Hog fans than TCU fans as usual. All the people witching about their season tickets are more worried about selling them for a profit.

What's the problem with that? All I've been reading over the last 36 hours or so is that this whole college football thing is a business. Gitya sum...

BrewingFrog

Was I supposed to type something here?
Wes,

Any truth to the rumor that CDC is working hard to replace Ohio State with a "State" that we can beat at home? Unlike Kansas State, Oklahoma State. Maybe Texas State?

After last year, I wouldn't be so sure about that...

stbrab

I am glad you are fine with it.

The point trying to be made is not really about individual seat holders but rather the value CDC gave up for the extra $5 million.

Whether you understand finance and equitable values is irrelevant, point is CDC gave up over $15 million in ticket values so TCU could get an extra $5 mill. He sold you out!
I understand your argument, but its a hypothetical. To most it only makes sense assuming every ticket holder sells their ticket at the values you describe.

I also agree, TCU bent over...for $5,000,000. IF we were going to lose the home and home anyway, then I'm okay with it. I'd rather play OSU at Cowboys Stadium than not play them at all. IF, as some reports indicate, this was strictly a money play...then I'm disappointed in CDC.

ScottPatrick

I understand your argument, but its a hypothetical. To most it only makes sense assuming every ticket holder sells their ticket at the values you describe.

I also agree, TCU bent over...for $5,000,000. IF we were going to lose the home and home anyway, then I'm okay with it. I'd rather play OSU at Cowboys Stadium than not play them at all. IF, as some reports indicate, this was strictly a money play...then I'm disappointed in CDC.

It is hypothetical but it is not just if the ticket holders sold their seats but also how much additional would they have paid to keep the game at ACS. Suppose they would have paid a $100 upcharge, TCU breaks even and still hosts the game as well as have a game in Colombus. Suppose they went for a $200 upcharge? Still a deal to the ticket holders because they could sell for much more if they wanted and cheaper than than going to JerryWorld.

People think I am hating on CDC or defending OSU but really just saying there were better options and in the end the $5 million was too cheap.