• The KillerFrogs

Week 14 --- Other Games Open Thread

cdsfrog

their defense is just ruined.

Tired, and no matter who goes against Cooper it's always alone with no protection. He has something like 240 yards.

TCURiggs

cdsfrog said:

Agree " Cooper is not human" when it was Auburn's bad defense and missed assignments strongly contributed to both TDs. You tend to exaggerate in the positive only.

I don't see that as an exaggeration. He had made a ton of much harder catches when little was a stake. That was my point. Either way, take the word CHOKE out, the 4 points were huge. 

Since that play Auburn is in freefall and they really needed those points among the other 8-12 they left on the table i believe.

Cooper is a Heisman finalist who's about to set more records in this game. Jokingly saying "he's not human" is a lot different than saying that Auburn WR "choked" on that tough catch. There's no debating those 4 points were big though. All of that aside, I didn't think Auburn had much of a chance in this game, which is why I bet on Bama -9.... hope they cover.

cdsfrog

TCURiggs said:

Cooper is a Heisman finalist who's about to set more records in this game. Jokingly saying "he's not human" is a lot different than saying that Auburn WR "choked" on that tough catch. There's no debating those 4 points were big though. All of that aside, I didn't think Auburn had much of a chance in this game, which is why I bet on Bama -9.... hope they cover.

They should. Auburn looks lost.

"didn't catch a hard pass, although it went directly through his hands with no defender within 10 feet" 

cdsfrog

#5 for bama is a cheater

Good at though, gets away with just like the seahawk defenders. Insanely and overly physical but they don't call it.

rifram09

Dang.  Bama looked pedestrian earlier this year, but they look like a top 1 or 2 team right now.  But that's probably good.  You kind of want Bama in the top 4 as long as you're in there too.  How big would that be on the recruiting trail if TCU was able to knock of Bama in a playoff game and then beat FSU/Ohio State/Oregon for the natty? 

Edit: haha. but imagine if instead of all that, Baylor gets in at the last minute and we get stuck playing Boise.  Would be the biggest letdown of a season.  Surely that can't happen... right?

Boise hammering USU first half. Some unfortunate team is gonna get stuck playing them. Damn well better not be us.
After Baylor plays them this year, something needs to be changed about that rule. To have the "highest ranked" non-P5team get an auto bid over higher ranked teams doesn't give the best matchups. In the BCS, they had to be at least top 14 or ranked higher than an auto-bid champion. That seems more reasonable. Boise this season hasn't really earned it the way they, TCU and Utah did under the BCS system.