• The KillerFrogs

Week 14 --- Other Games Open Thread

TCUdirtbag

Complete week 14 TV schedule: http://mattsarzsports.com/Schedule/Weekly?week=14&sportYear=football2014#.VHFhHJPF-TM

Big 12 teams are underlined
Games significantly affecting CFP Rank in red

Thursday:
6:30 -- (5) TCU @ Texas -- FS1
6:30 -- LSU @ A&M -- ESPN

Friday:
11:00 -- Nebraska @ Iowa -- ABC
11:00 -- Houston @ SMU -- CBSSN
11:00 -- WKU @ (24) Marshall -- FS1
1:30 -- Ark @ (17) Mizzou -- CBS
2:30 -- (13) ASU @ (11) Zona -- FOX
2:30 -- Stanford @ (8) UCLA -- ABC
7:00 -- UVA @ VT -- ESPN

Saturday Morning:
11:00 -- Mich @ (6) tOSU -- ABC
11:00 -- (16) GA Tech @ (9) UGA -- SEC
11:00 -- SCAR @ (21) Clemson -- ESPN
11:00 -- UK @ (22) L’ville -- ESPN2
11:00 -- WVU @ Iowa St -- FS1
12:00 -- (25) UtahColorado -- P12

Saturday Afternoon:
2:30 -- (18) Minn @ (14) Wisc -- BTN
2:30 -- (7) Baylor v. Tech -- ABC
2:30 -- UF @ (3) FSU -- ESPN
2:30 -- (4) Miss St @ (19) Ole Miss -- CBS
2:30 -- (10) Mich St @ Penn St -- ESPN2
2:30 -- ND @ USC -- FOX
3:00 -- KU @ (12) K-State -- FS1

Saturday Evening:
6:45 -- (15) Auburn @ (1) Bama -- ESPN
7:00 -- (2) Oregon @ OSU -- ABC
9:15 -- Utah St @ (23) Boise -- ESPN2

Idle--Top 25: (20) Oklahoma
Idle--Big 12:  (20) Oklahoma; Oklahoma State

jake102

By the time that 'Bama v Auburn game comes around Saturday night I'm going to be emotionally spent. Hopefully I don't repeat my Saturday night performance where I went apeshit on that Baylor poster.

Might be a wild ride

TCUdirtbag

Jake102 said:
By the time that 'Bama v Auburn game comes around Saturday night I'm going to be emotionally spent. Hopefully I don't repeat my Saturday night performance where I went apeshit on that Baylor poster.

Might be a wild ride

I remember thanksgiving week 2010, when I was with family for thanksgiving week/end in Boston. So football-emotionally spent by the week of football that I had to watch with all my family with all sorts of allegiances that I gave up on Nevada-Boise St at halftime.  Woke up the next morning to at least 50 texts, 10 missed calls, and the mixed emotions of regret for missing the missed FG and joy for the meaning of the missed FG.  

Hoping Thanksgiving week 2014 gives us as much joy as 2010.  

Purp

Thanks for putting this together.  If I may I'd offer two improvements.

1) I think the Oregon/OSU game should be in red.  OSU has a real chance b/c that rivalry can be as unpredictable as any other there.

2) I think the GT/UGA game should be in red, not because it will directly impact the CFP picture, but I think it could indirectly.  I'd like to see GT go in a win convincingly against the Dogs to take some confidence and momentum into the ACC title game against FSU.  GT and the triple option are a threat for anybody they play when they're clicking.  I'll be following that one closest Sat. morning for this reason.

Moose Stuff

jewstfrogit said:

I remember thanksgiving week 2010, when I was with family for thanksgiving week/end in Boston. So football-emotionally spent by the week of football that I had to watch with all my family with all sorts of allegiances that I gave up on Nevada-Boise St at halftime.  Woke up the next morning to at least 50 texts, 10 missed calls, and the mixed emotions of regret for missing the missed FG and joy for the meaning of the missed FG.  

Hoping Thanksgiving week 2014 gives us as much joy as 2010.  
In honor of that Boise game perhaps you should turn off every key game at halftime this weekend.

TCUdirtbag

Thursday game finals:
TCU 48 --- UT 10
LSU 23 --- A&M 17

UT finishes regular season 6-6
A&M finishes regular season 7-5
LSU finishes regular season 8-4
TCU is 10-1 with Iowa St. next weekend

TCUdirtbag

Nebraska @ Iowa

Do we care who wins this game?

I guess a Nebraska win is better since that's Minnesota's signature win?

Meanwhile, #24 Marshall is losing to Western Kentuxky right now (28-14 in the FIRST QTR!). A Marshall loss would probably give the MWC a lock on the Group of 5 berth into the NY6 Bowls.

TCUdirtbag

TCUFrogs said:
Ark-Mizzou game affects SEC championship game in ATL, right?
Yes -- if Mizzou wins, they win the East and go to the Championship. If Ark beats Mizzou, Georgia wins the Wast and goes to the SEC Champ.

pgdaly84

The pure odds are in our favor at this point. We do not have a major test left. I know our team won't overlook ISU since they beat us the last time they came to Fort Worth, and there is too much at stake to take the foot off the gas. All the other teams in the Top 7 have very losable games left. Just need to hope that we get a break or two over the next couple weeks, and given the craziness that unfolds this time of year I like our chances.