• The KillerFrogs

Week 14 --- Other Games Open Thread

TCURiggs

cdsfrog said:

Are they double covering Cooper?

I know they didn't on the previous TD but I didn't see the coverage on that one.

The way that Safety was hauling arse when the ball was in the air, it looked like he was supposed to be helping over the top (shout out to Stallone) but blew his assignment.

cdsfrog

TCURiggs said:

"He didn't make a pretty tough catch, falling away."

I doubt he had time to factor in all of the game-factors that I'd want to include on a "choke"

He just made a much harder catch with only a 1st down on the line.

My point is given the down, give then environment, given the ball going directly into his hands, it's something.

Not a choke fine. Didn't make a tough catch doesn't cut it.

TCURiggs

cdsfrog said:

He just made a much harder catch with only a 1st down on the line.

My point is given the down, give then environment, given the ball going directly into his hands, it's something.

Not a choke fine. Didn't make a tough catch doesn't cut it.

My argument: Catching a football thrown at a high rate of speed, as you're falling backwards and trying to position your feet/body, definitely isn't simple. Therefore, I don't think it's a "choke" when someone doesn't make a catch like that. I think it wasn't clutch, but it's not an extremely high percentage catch, which is where I would throw out the "choke" tag. That's just me though, and I just seem to be more of an optimist/glass half full-guy than yourself... difference of opinions

cdsfrog

TCURiggs said:

My argument: Catching a football thrown at a high rate of speed, as you're falling backwards and trying to position your feet/body, definitely isn't simple. Therefore, I don't think it's a "choke" when someone doesn't make a catch like that. I think it wasn't clutch, but it's not an extremely high percentage catch, which is where I would throw out the "choke" tag. That's just me though, and I just seem to be more of an optimist/glass half full-guy than yourself... difference of opinions

Agree " Cooper is not human" when it was Auburn's bad defense and missed assignments strongly contributed to both TDs. You tend to exaggerate in the positive only.

I don't see that as an exaggeration. He had made a ton of much harder catches when little was a stake. That was my point. Either way, take the word CHOKE out, the 4 points were huge. 

Since that play Auburn is in freefall and they really needed those points among the other 8-12 they left on the table i believe.