• The KillerFrogs

The "I can"/"no you can't" thread on becoming a world class sprinter

FROGDADDY

Always thought that wasy you. Now who was first with the name?

I'm gonna go with me. I was actually HoustonFrog (the current HF has represented the name well) when the board first started 15 or so years ago, but quickly changed to FROGDADDY in honor of the birth of my first daughter who is now almost 15. No idea if he was around prior to then.

My sister once told a friend of hers that is also a rather prominent TCU grad that I spent alot of time on here (he does too). He asked what my name was and reacted with hysterical laughter upon being told. My sister said he just kept saying "THAT guy is your BROTHER????". Took me a while to figure out the reaction, got a good laugh when I did.

ShivasFrog

Hey, I've got a guy that IS NOT me that shows up at TCU events dressed up in a shiny purple pimp costume with "FROGDADDY" written on his hat. You got off easy. :biggrin:
That guy must really be proud of that pimp outfit. I see him at virtually every TCU sporting event I go to. Rain, shine, hot, cold. Weird.

Houston Frog

There is no way in hell anyone can watch Devin Fuller's film and think he runs a 4.8. Also, his running style is very different than Kerley's. Kerley had that quick-twitch missability that made him great, this guy is a glider... very smooth

Houston Frog

There is no way in hell anyone can watch Devin Fuller's film and think he runs a 4.8. Also, his running style is very different than Kerley's. Kerley had that quick-twitch missability that made him great, this guy is a glider... very smooth

You guys are looking at a senior in high school and grading speed. *Facepalm*

Once a kid comes into a program like TCU that is when the kid will make leaps and bounds in weight gain and speed, you can teach that. What you can't teach is height, the killer instinct, the "it factor", etc.

If the kid has the "it" factor Don Sommer will make this kid to a Kerely or a Michael Vick, or whomever you think is amazing. Give Don Sommer some time and Fuller will become a beast.

Right now just glad very talented kids are looking at TCU. You can't teach talent.

GothamFrog

Once a kid comes into a program like TCU that is when the kid will make leaps and bounds in weight gain and speed, you can teach that. What you can't teach is height, the killer instinct, the "it factor", etc.

If the kid has the "it" factor Don Sommer will make this kid to a Kerely or a Michael Vick, or whomever you think is amazing. Give Don Sommer some time and Fuller will become a beast.

Right now just glad very talented kids are looking at TCU. You can't teach talent.

Actually, GP's favorite one liner is that you can't teach speed. Bottom line is this kid is a stud, he's plenty fast, and we want him on our team. As you mentioned, our staff does a great job of finding high schoolers that possess talent, and then rounding out their skill sets wherever there is opportunity to do so.

Planks

So many kids put up 4.4 on their Rivals profiles, when they're more like 4.5. No shame in that time, but 4.4 is the benchmark for elite speed apparently.

Here's a list from The Opening back in July, with 40 times for everyone.

Notice who is on top?

I see Kolby Listenbee is pretty high up on that list too. Does anyone know what position we are looking for him to play? CB? WR? RB? QB? S? Punter?

Lone Frog

I see Kolby Listenbee is pretty high up on that list too. Does anyone know what position we are looking for him to play? CB? WR? RB? QB? S? Punter?
He wants to try for QB, but is willing to go to WR if that doesn't work out, as I recall. Either way, good player. Glad he's part of this class.

Houston Frog

I'm gonna go with me. I was actually HoustonFrog (the current HF has represented the name well) when the board first started 15 or so years ago, but quickly changed to FROGDADDY in honor of the birth of my first daughter who is now almost 15. No idea if he was around prior to then.
Aww, shucks

FeistyFrog

Sir FeistyFrog

Seriously, what is the greatest speed enhancement you have seen through the TCU program?

Do you honestly not believe Patterson recruits speed? You think the staff looks at a kid and says he could become a 4.5 guy or 4.4 so lets get him over a kid already running 4.4 and 4.5s?

*facepalm*

Gunner

You can get faster. Always told in old days, you could either run or you couldn't..

Watched that myth explode with a close friend. 4.7 to 4.38 in 4 years. Hope folks will tell young people this.