• The KillerFrogs

The "I can"/"no you can't" thread on becoming a world class sprinter

FrogieStyle

1. I don't care what you do for a living. Your 100% wrong if you think kids going through a college program dosen't get at least a tiny bit better/faster.
2. No one said a forty time means anything on the field, but it is the means in which college and the NFL use to rate your speed and they hope it relates to the field. So if a head movement helps a kid obtain a 4.5 rather than a 4.7 then working on it matters. If practicing the right technique makes you a second faster than your opponent to beat him on a play even if it comes from a head movement then the coach will teach a kid the right techniques.
3. I don't care about this conversation. You can believe a kid stays the same from senior year in HS to senior year in college all you want. Fine.
4. Fuller is plenty fast, so get off the kids case.

Forty time does matter on the football field, lifting your head in the last 5 yards... Not so much

FROGDADDY

1. I don't care what you do for a living. Your 100% wrong if you think kids going through a college program dosen't get at least a tiny bit better/faster.
2. No one said a forty time means anything on the field, but it is the means in which college and the NFL use to rate your speed and they hope it relates to the field. So if a head movement helps a kid obtain a 4.5 rather than a 4.7 then working on it matters. If practicing the right technique makes you a second faster than your opponent to beat him on a play even if it comes from a head movement then the coach will teach a kid the right techniques.
3. I don't care about this conversation. You can believe a kid stays the same from senior year in HS to senior year in college all you want. Fine.

1) You're arguing a point I've already conceded earlier in the thread. You just asked for proof and I'm trying to tell you that I have tons of it. No need to be a prick about it. Many kids get a little bit faster. Almost none gain the half second that you're saying is often achieved.
2) NOBODY gets a second faster.
3) I don't believe that all kids stay the same, again already conceded that.
4) I agree that Fuller is fast, I haven't been ON his case.

If you'll read ALL my posts in this thread, you'll understand that my basic point is that fast kids are just fast, it isn't because someone taught them to be. Can a 5.0 become a 4.8 or a 4.6 become a 4.5? Sure it can. But nobody is coaching themselves from a 4.9 to a 4.4 unless it's because they lost 50 lbs and should have been faster in the first place. Making the assumption that you don't need to recruit speed because you can just teach it is not a good idea. I'm done. We've ruined a thread that should have been about something else.

maximilian

#1 - when someone comes in and mentions the fact that they do this for a living and see the effects of speed training on athletes on a daily basis, you tell them you don't care and bury your head in the sand. This is akin to telling a doctor that you know a better treatment than them because you saw it happen one time.

#3 You argued your point for several pages; you definitely cared enough to keep it going.

FrogFrog

I think after reading this thread, Devin Fuller decided to go somewhere else. This may be the worst thread in the history of KF.com.

#1 - when someone comes in and mentions the fact that they do this for a living and see the effects of speed training on athletes on a daily basis, you tell them you don't care and bury your head in the sand. This is akin to telling a doctor that you know a better treatment than them because you saw it happen one time.

#3 You argued your point for several pages; you definitely cared enough to keep it going.

I could of said something a lot worse but why go there. You call it ducking, I call it a point not needed.

I get his point, he gets mine. He is a fellow Frog, no need to say anything about anyone's living. Better just to say you don't care.

FROGDADDY

I could of said something a lot worse but why go there. You call it ducking, I call it a point not needed.

I get his point, he gets mine. He is a fellow Frog, no need to say anything about anyone's living. Better just to say you don't care.
Or say nothing. Curious what you would have said about what I do for a living that would have been "a lot worse". I was simply offering that have lots of data on the subject. Not sure why it made you angry.

Or say nothing. Curious what you would have said about what I do for a living that would have been "a lot worse". I was simply offering that have lots of data on the subject. Not sure why it made you angry.

Not angry just disagree with you - somewhat. I do appreciate others opinions, I and anyone here can be wrong.