• The KillerFrogs

Texas hired CDC

smilin

Glad to see mostly good feelings expressed for what he did here . A few won’t forgive him , but that’s their loss to not be able to appreciate the good times we have had.

Anytime a respected or beloved key figure leaves it’s a perceived crisis, but you wish them well and life goes on. I’m glad for CDC to land a top job and I’m glad UT got a good person that I like in a big role. He left us in great shape. Can we keep it going ? Things change. The future is up to to those still here and the leaders they choose.

AUTHOR: Benjamin Franklin (1706–90)
QUOTATION: “Well, Doctor, what have we got—a Republic or a Monarchy?”

“A Republic, if you can keep it.”

ATTRIBUTION: The response is attributed to BENJAMIN FRANKLIN—at the close of the Constitutional Convention of 1787, when queried as he left Independence Hall on the final day of deliberation—in the notes of Dr. James McHenry, one of Maryland’s delegates to the Convention.

Last edited:

cdsfrog

Just caught up on this whole thread and it didn't disappoint. I internet-know most of you people too well... cds being a prime example.

He went from his usual knee-jerk "damn him to hell!" type of post, to calming way down a few hours later. Lol.

Pretty much, still ticked it's Texas. Him leaving isn't the issue I get people don't usually stay in that position in one school forever.

If we get an amazing replacement anywhere near as good then I won't care anymore. Darning Texas.

froglash88

Kind of feel like the realignment talk is something of the past. Has TCU not built its brand/programs to the point we kind of have to be included in whatever 'realignment' might take place in 6-7 years? No idea, just seems like when you're competing for conference championships and playoffs fairly regularly, you'd be included to help elevate the quality of the product. TCU has proven it can do that.
UCONN got left out. I know FB is the driving force but...

I wish him the best in his future endeavor. The man has done a lot for the University and has positioned us well going into the future. It does hurt to see him go to a rival school but you know he’s doing so for his family.

Best wishes Chris.

netty2424

The Pac 12 is going to need a few teams in the Central Time Zone to give themselves more exposure with games the AP and general viewership can see. And they'll definitely want 2 from Texas. So we take care of biz, we'll be fine.
Man after the games schedule this year for the PAC12, as much as I prefer night games, I would hate to have 9-10pm kickoffs every week. That would be brutal.

I guess we need OU to actually win this whole thing and the Big12 collectively grab a couple more before realignment to solidify the Big12's place.

Personally think the Big12 should just continue doing its own thing. Everyone is making money, the league is competing for championships, etc.

netty2424

UCONN got left out. I know FB is the driving force but...
I mean, I guess. But what has UCONN done in any sport outside of basketball? I'm not being smart ass, seriously I don't know and as someone who follows collegiate sports fairly closely, I feel like that answers that question.

And to your point, I think you're correct, FB is the driver in this deal no doubt.

HG73

Man after the games schedule this year for the PAC12, as much as I prefer night games, I would hate to have 9-10pm kickoffs every week. That would be brutal.

I guess we need OU to actually win this whole thing and the Big12 collectively grab a couple more before realignment to solidify the Big12's place.

Personally think the Big12 should just continue doing its own thing. Everyone is making money, the league is competing for championships, etc.
I don't like PAC After Dark either, but remember we'd be in a division with UA, ASU, CO and Utah and would have more central time zone teams that came with us. One or two west coast games per year max.

Horny 4 Life

LOL at those of you acting like you've never changed your mind about anything or felt that you've accomplished all you can accomplish on a job.

Yes, CDC said this was the top job in the country. He never said he would always think that or that he would never want another challenge. He accomplished a ton here and there's honestly not a lot of building to be done.

If he feels he's done all he can to get us to the top then good for him. I'd rather he find a new challenge elsewhere than stagnate here. It sucks that UT is the new challenge, but it's not surprising. I wish him the best of luck every day except for game day.

Moose Stuff

LOL at those of you acting like you've never changed your mind about anything or felt that you've accomplished all you can accomplish on a job.

Yes, CDC said this was the top job in the country. He never said he would always think that or that he would never want another challenge. He accomplished a ton here and there's honestly not a lot of building to be done.

If he feels he's done all he can to get us to the top then good for him. I'd rather he find a new challenge elsewhere than stagnate here. It sucks that UT is the new challenge, but it's not surprising. I wish him the best of luck every day except for game day.

He can believe it’s the top job in the country and still leave IMO. Some people are motivated differently. I’m the type of guy that would get somewhere I’m happy/comfortable and never leave but I totally understand people that are driven by needing to be challenged.

westoverhillbilly

I'm appreciative of the job he did here- he was a superb AD..

I now wish harm on him on any issues or hires that affect TCU adversely regarding recruiting or competition.. Sorry, but this is a zero sum game and if one team is improving it's coming at the expense of its closest rivals..

Agree, he didn't hire Coach P nor did he hire Schlossnagle and Dixon wanted to come home. Almost all the changes he has received credit for were in play via the Barnett Shale way before his arrival. Best of luck to him, but this does not hurt us, very easy to find someone who can glad-hand the rich alumni.

Someone may have already stated all this, but I am not gong to look through 15 pages to find it.
Del Conte was instrumental in the Dixon hire, make no mistake about that. He had started working that relationship as far back as 2011, or even before.

Frostie

Del Conte was instrumental in the Dixon hire, make no mistake about that. He had started working that relationship as far back as 2011, or even before.
That is fair he does get credit for that, however without Dixon's ties to TCU this never happens.

Also, although people can come and go as they please I wish nothing but complete failure for Del Conte, to wish him success is to wish the Longhorns success.

4th. down

Not much left to do here, but anywhere we would be good with except Texas. He will make Texas better in athletics which is bad for us. A nice salary bump, can't blame him for leaving. Just hope he doesn't take any of our coaches.