• The KillerFrogs

So about the Nike cleats we used for the game..

2314@work

Contributor
[quote name='you_can't_be_joking' timestamp='1294262834' post='742700']
Everyone just stop responding in this thread. Everyone just stop responding to GDU, PERIOD! You want him to go away like just about everyone else does? Here's a tip--if nobody responds to him, something tells me he won't keep coming on here to talk to himself. Just put him on the ignore list if you have to, and everyone that feels the need to respond to him do so by PM so you won't continue to pollute the board with his stupidity.

The problem is none of you will do that because you enjoy coming on here to argue with him as much as he does. You're all to blame for him making this forum much, much less enjoyable, even on this week after arguably the biggest moment to date in TCU football history.
[/quote]
Someone on Shaggy Bevo has your avatar but it is bigger. Or, THEY are bigger :tongue:

smufrogger

Thanks for saving me the time from looking those and up further proving my point. All of them are wearing the same exact style of cleats they wore all season and none are wearing the new nike alpha talons.

So are you saying thecolor of the shoes had something to do with them slipping? The shoes failed for the conditions of the RB !!!!! Same shoes, different shoes, very irrelevant the nike cleats should have been switched out to a deeper cleat, given the r b wet field!

gdu

We have gone over the reasons for not doing that a few times. There is no such thing as magical perfect wet rose bowl cleats

joefrog91

Slipping really did hurt TCU in this game. I strongly believe TCU wins this game by 14 points if slipping had not been an issue. And to me, it seems like it was only on one side of the field. Don't recall a single slip on Wisconsin sideline side of the field. So, that means it was the field not the shoes.

gdu

alright guys, I'm done with this topic. I have gotten probably the best possible confirmation that I am I right. EA should have done more research. Oh well. We won the Rose Bowl. Time to celebrate or find more important things to worry about.

WhaleBurger

From SI writer Stewart Mandel.

Oregon is supposed to wear the same new Nike cleats that had TCU slipping all over the Rose Bowl. They brought backups.
TweetDeck • 1/6/11 11:13