• The KillerFrogs

So about the Nike cleats we used for the game..

gdu

Alright, I see you intend on not actually replying to my question, so do me a favor, if you're going to be useless next time gdu and instead just be an [Craig James]-hat and smart [Craig James] to other fans for no reason, just don't bother replying to my posts. You really haven't been of any use during this entire thread, and are generally an annoying guy. Just glad I don't know you in person.

This is what helped me, and this is what I respect coming from a fellow fan.
Thank you very much QuilterFrawg.
I have replied as directly as possible to your question. You said you didn't know if the information you sought was out there. I told you it was. Additionally, I have provided tons of information directly on the topic about which you were inquiring. I am not going to do the search for you. Some things you just have to do for yourself.

Funny thing is, in the past I have replied with links to the earlier threads, and I get yelled at for that too.

gdu

I have neither the time, patience, nor omnipotent ability to grant enlightenment on one so evidently dense and savagely reluctant to said enlightenment...:rolleyes:

As to Nike, after the Oakland Raiders unis, and Alpha-Talon cleats apparently coated entirely in Teflon, I think Nike can go pound sand. It is merely surprising that a company that large and seemingly media savvy would blunder so badly in the matter of the TCU Rose Bowl preparations and execution.
You really must be slow. Not one single person has named a player who slipped while wearing those cleats.

gdu

I know this is difficult for you to comprehend gdu, but since you're referring to those threads, you probably have a better idea of where they are and what they're titled. Considering there are 5 different ones according to you, that I'm assuming you've read (what haven't you read on here) you would probably know which ones discussed more of what I wanted to see and which ones go off on tangents unrelated to cleats. Does that make sense to you, or is that still too hard?
Now I know that you don't want to have to actually help with something that you spent the time to refer to, but see I guess I just assumed that you were like me, or most others and would want to help out with something I referred to, because that's just the helpful thing to do, declining to do that would kind of make me look like an idiot for responding in the first place. Get it?
I have a pretty good memory, but I didn't have the slightest recollection of the title of any of those threads. I'll bet search for 'cleat' would have found 'em though.

gdu

What do you know, it worked:

http://www.killerfrogs.com/msgboard/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=search&fromMainBar=1

So about the Nike cleats we used for the game.. 1 2 3

The Co-workers comments about the Rose Bowl Thread 1 2

Who to blame, Nike or TCU?

SUE NIKE FOR THE CLEATS

Get rid of those Nike cleats

Let us talk about the Rose Bowl cleats
something to worry about

Tom Brown

They also reported (multiple times) we were going to the Big East next year. Did you believe that too?

You guys crack me up. Since when did getting facts right = morale superiority?

GP says it was the cleats. He carries more weight than you, literally and figuratively.

gdu

GP says it was the cleats. He carries more weight than you, literally and figuratively.
I guess we will keep rehashing things then:

1 I never heard him say that
2 It sounds like at least one player disagrees
3 That doesn't mean another cleat would have prevented it without the other HUGE drawbacks I have mentioned
4 "backups" of the same exact cleats would not have helped

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
I don't care about Nike's reputation beyond how it affects our ability to get recruits.

Oh please. This is really dumb. But, since all you care about is what uniforms are worn, and you think discussing that is discussing football, and that is all you discuss when it comes to football, it doesn't surprise me.

Tom Brown

1 I never heard him say that

I did, channel 8 if I remember corectly. He said "trouble with the cleats", not the turf.

I'm not disagreeing with you, just saying CP does or did, when he made the comment.

I want to see side by side photos of the slipping players and the cleat shown in the photos at the Cowboys' unveiling. Outline the differences for us, otherwise we will believe our leader, and the hotness of Erin Andrews.

gdu

I did, channel 8 if I remember corectly. He said "trouble with the cleats", not the turf.

I'm not disagreeing with you, just saying CP does or did, when he made the comment.

I want to see side by side photos of the slipping players and the cleat shown in the photos at the Cowboys' unveiling. Outline the differences for us, otherwise we will believe our leader, and the hotness of Erin Andrews.
Here is the new model (Alpha Talon) in the new color that Nike made for us:

Nike-Air-Zoom-Alpha-Talon-TCU-PE1.jpg

Here is the bottom of that shoe in the standard nike color:

Nike-Air-Zoom-Alpha-Talon-Cleat-5.JPG

Those are the only new model of cleats worn and people have blamed them for us slipping, but no one who slipped was wearing them.

gdu

Here is the model our skill players wore all year (and vs. Utah and Boise last year in the new color:

36267_504511799784_263300024_107217_2805131_n.jpg

And here is what the bottom looks like:

8+zoom+vapor+carbon+fly+bottom.jpg

7+zoom+vapor+carbon+fly+profile.jpg

There are the shoes that were worn by all the guys who it was mentioned slipped

InterestedObserver

Here is the new model (Alpha Talon) in the new color that Nike made for us:

Nike-Air-Zoom-Alpha-Talon-TCU-PE1.jpg

Here is the bottom of that shoe in the standard nike color:

Nike-Air-Zoom-Alpha-Talon-Cleat.jpg

Those are the only new model of cleats worn and people have blamed them for us slipping, but no one who slipped was wearing them.

We have blamed Nike cleats, period. We haven't pointed out models, you have. None of us are as queer for Nike products as you are and we get that.

The players were wearing Nike products. Those products did not perform at a desirable level. It doesn't matter if the players had worn them for one play or for their entire career. The shoes sucked on Saturday to the extent the network covering considered it a story.

You are truly dense.

TopFrog

Lifelong Frog
The question I still have is why, based on the sideline report, did TCU not have other shoes it could switch out? Were the cleats they were wearing already the longest allowed? Are players not wearing the kind you can change the cleats out, as opposed to the molded bottoms?

gdu

We have blamed Nike cleats, period. We haven't pointed out models, you have. None of us are as queer for Nike products as you are and we get that.

The players were wearing Nike products. Those products did not perform at a desirable level. It doesn't matter if the players had worn them for one play or for their entire career. The shoes sucked on Saturday to the extent the network covering considered it a story.

You are truly dense.
That's not true.

Many have pointed out the new model, specifically by name.

And as I have said before, I still don't think it has anything to do with nike. I think our players running those same plays on the same field in the adidas cleats still slip. I posted pictures of both. They aren't very different. We could have gone to longer cleats and bulkier shoes. Those would have made our players slower and less comfortable.

gdu

The question I still have is why, based on the sideline report, did TCU not have other shoes it could switch out? Were the cleats they were wearing already the longest allowed? Are players not wearing the kind you can change the cleats out, as opposed to the molded bottoms?
The players who slipped were wearing molded (non-detachable) cleats and have all season. Switching to their home, road, or rivalry shoes would not have made any difference. I suppose they could have worn shoes meant for heavier players with detachable cleats, but those would have drawbacks of their own.

gdu

I give up. Y'all can have him.

It's like trying to converse with a two-year-old...
It must be for you since most 2 year olds are probably more intelligent.

You said you were done with Nike, in part, because of "Alpha-Talon cleats apparently coated entirely in Teflon" after I told you several times that not a single player wearing those was reported by ESPN or anyone here to have slipped.

I'm not sure I can be much more clear.

YCBJ Frog

Everyone just stop responding in this thread. Everyone just stop responding to GDU, PERIOD! You want him to go away like just about everyone else does? Here's a tip--if nobody responds to him, something tells me he won't keep coming on here to talk to himself. Just put him on the ignore list if you have to, and everyone that feels the need to respond to him do so by PM so you won't continue to pollute the board with his stupidity.

The problem is none of you will do that because you enjoy coming on here to argue with him as much as he does. You're all to blame for him making this forum much, much less enjoyable, even on this week after arguably the biggest moment to date in TCU football history.

JugbandFrog

That's not true.

Many have pointed out the new model, specifically by name.

And as I have said before, I still don't think it has anything to do with nike. I think our players running those same plays on the same field in the adidas cleats still slip. I posted pictures of both. They aren't very different. We could have gone to longer cleats and bulkier shoes. Those would have made our players slower and less comfortable.
Holy [Craig James]! I am agreeing with GDU. I think it wouldn't matter what cleats we wore. The field was horrible. It was more noticeable for us because we need firm ground to take advantage of acceleration and quickness that makes speed on a football field a factor.

I also blame this for our shoddy tackling. Leverage is a huge thing for football players, especially for players who get into position to tackle as quickly as ours do.

The fact is that we had issues slipping. What is up for debate is whether it was the field or the cleats. I say the field. It was water logged and not as sturdy as we needed it to be.