• The KillerFrogs

Mixon video released...

Mean Purple

Boonescabanaboy said:
From "Man Boobs" Stoops' presser:

"What we came up with, discipline-wise, at the time, two and a half years ago, we felt was significant," Stoops said.

"We had no idea it would go this long and that is out of our hands, as well," Stoops said. "With the timeline of it all, it has not worked very well for anyone."

I live in Oklahoma, and all jokes aside, I think even in ancient times (2 years ago), girl beating was frowned upon.

Just to recap:

She didn't use the N word according to Mixon's testimony.

She didn't spit on him according to the video.

Mixon is likely to end up playing the same number of years before going pro as he would have anyway.  It's just another redshirt like so many good young players do.
OU, Baylol...this is all starting to remind me of the SWC...just prior to the end. 

Oh, well. You know what we say in Cow Town...Next Conference Up!

PO Frog

stbrab said:
Agree...I distinctly remember getting slapped by a girl in high school...maybe Freshman or Sophomore year. It was out of the blue. She just walked up to me and slapped me, no reason given. I was talking with a couple of friends. They were just as shocked as I was. One asked me what I did; I said I have no idea. To this day I don't know why she slapped me...she never would tell me. It never entered my mind to hit her back.
Is this the white people version of the barber's story in Coming to America?

asleep003

Never slapped/shoved/hit/choked a female. However, cannot say 100% for sure how I would have instantaneously reacted to such an aggressive hit from a woman ... especially not knowing the entirety of previous events. Would like to think/believe 100% that I would have just walked away from it. 

Cheers !

TCUWIN

Peacefrog said:
What a piece of [Craig James]. They all are. Mixon, Stoops and anyone else that thought this wasn't worth more than a redshirt.

There is a special place in hell for people like Mixon.
So you are saying he is transferring to Baylor? I kid. I know he is a senior and has no eligibility left. What a sorry piece of crap. I hope his family is so proud of him. Unfortunately he will be a millionaire shortly.

TCUWIN

Pharm Frog said:
From Landthieves (and there are a few who say this is very bad -- a few)

Saw the video, read both sides of the issue.

Big deal on the video. She was initially physically aggressive with Mixon. Male or female, you can't get physical with anyone & not expect to provoke the other person. This is a non-story in my mind. It was an instantaneous situation between two young people with one of them being intoxicated. It happens. Move on.

Words? You think she got decked for words?

Again, no defense for Joe doing this. It's wrong. But this video is MUCH more tame than what I expected. I expected Joe to be somewhat confrontational. All he did was quietly walk up to a woman that motioned him over...I'm guessing those are his friends at the table. Seems he's really calm throughout until she goes full person as JOE IS WALKING AWAY.

Nothing to see here...he's served his sentence.

It shouldn't matter what was said. Let's get that off our chests firstly. She put hands on him twice before he retaliated. He had a right to do what he did in the the eyes of the law, albeit it doesn't appear that this was a "fair fight", but if you want any sort of gender equality to ever exist, then you have to realize that this kind of behavior is not okay on her side (just as much as his). 

If this is me switched places with Mia in this situation, you'd be seeing the video on college humor with the title "Drunk idiot pushes Joe Mixon, then hits him before getting knocked the (I'm going to get Banned if I do not EDIT this Immediately) out".

Don't (I'm going to get Banned if I do not EDIT this Immediately) with Mia when she's drunk #Period

Down goes Frazier

video was much better in my mind- the punch is nothing

Why does he get punished twice for the same infraction? The video clearly shows self defense.

SHOULDNT matter that it's a women. It's a random person who, at a sandwich shop at a late hour, motioned for someone to come over. She got physical. Mixon ended it before he gets his own faced knocked in because that's usually how these things end.
I hope none of these people have daughters that end up getting punched. They better just take it and move on!

sketchy

Mistletoad said:
Never slapped/shoved/hit/choked a female. However, cannot say 100% for sure how I would have instantaneously reacted to such an aggressive hit from a woman ... especially not knowing the entirety of previous events. Would like to think/believe 100% that I would have just walked away from it. 

Cheers !
At least you're honest

Pharm Frog

Unasked questions:

1. Your coach has said that your punishment was not enough. Why would he say that? Has he told you what he should have done?
  2. Do you consider speaking to Little League teams to be community service?
  3. You mention several times that its not appropriate to "retaliate" and hit a woman. Do you consider what you did to be retaliation? If so, retaliation for what exactly?
  4. What do you have to say to Ms. Molitor's friend? What did you say to him that evening?
  5. How does it feel to be linked to players like Ray Rice, DGB, Frank Shannon, and now Dede Westbrook?
  6. You mention that your teammates supported you. What do you have to say to them knowing you put them in a position of having to support someone who punched a woman?
  7. Would you have supported a teammate that punched one of your sisters?
  8. You mention not being able to speak about this under advisement of attorneys. How do you think it would feel to not be able to speak because your jaw was wired shut?
  9. How did you pay for your freshman year at OU since you were suspended from the football team?
  10. Why do you feel its appropriate to speak so much about disappointing your mother and then when asked about what she said to you, you say that's too private to discuss?
  11. So many of your OU fans have said that Ms. Molitor had it coming for pushing/slapping you. What do you have to say to those fans?
  12. Why do you think these recent press conferences have been announced just hours before they occur? Do you think it might be to stack the room with the local press instead of the national sports press who might be more inclined to ask difficult questions?
  13. Why did your team release the video on the very day of Ms. Molitor's graduation from OU?
  14. You claim that you do not drink alcohol or smoke. Do you juice?
  15. Tell me about your teammates that were with you that night? Do you think they were good teammates? How many of them are still on the OU team?

cousinjoker

HToady said:

Used to tell my kids (when they were in college) there are only two types of people out after midnight:
The people looking for trouble and the people looking for the people looking for trouble. Neither of which you want to run into.
No way. Both groups you mention are far outnumbered by the people looking for beer and the people looking for the people looking for beer.

HG73

He sucker punched a girl half his size, broke her face and ran away. On video.

Darwin will take care of this POS, and it won't take long.

cousinjoker

TCUWIN said:
I hope none of these people have daughters that end up getting punched. They better just take it and move on!
To hell with that. I've raised my daughters to deliver ass whoopings if people - men or women - get physically aggressive with them. At least one could probably kick Mixon's scrawny little ass right now.