• The KillerFrogs

Mixon video released...

ifrog

MAcFroggy said:

Who is they?  The university never had the video.

If by they you mean mixon and his attorney's, then I do not know.  I assume it has to do with the fact the victim did not want the video released.  Maybe they were hoping if they withheld the video she would decide not to proceed with a civil suit?  However, now that the civil suit has started there is no reason to withhold the video any further.  I do no really know for sure though.  Maybe they felt like if the victim wanted the video in public, she and her legal team would release the video.

Edit:  Mixon is not the victim in this instance, Molitor is.  If she did not want it out in the public then maybe Mixon and his legal team were just respecting her wishes?
So when was Mixon ever the victim? Was it when he felt like a guy hit him? LMAO

MAcFroggy

ifrog said:
So when was Mixon ever the victim? Was it when he felt like a guy hit him? LMAO

Never.  I am saying Molitor was the victim.  If she wanted the video released for the public to see she would have done it.   Her lawyers have had copies of the video for 2.5 years and have actively decided not to release them.   It was not Mixon's place to release the video for the public if Molitor was saying she did not want it released.  Maybe Mixon's team was just respecting her wishes not to have the videos shown all over the internet.  Maybe she does not want to be a meme on the internet for the next few years having to relive one of the worst nights of her life.  

Boonescabanaboy

From "Man Boobs" Stoops' presser:

"What we came up with, discipline-wise, at the time, two and a half years ago, we felt was significant," Stoops said.

"We had no idea it would go this long and that is out of our hands, as well," Stoops said. "With the timeline of it all, it has not worked very well for anyone."

I live in Oklahoma, and all jokes aside, I think even in ancient times (2 years ago), girl beating was frowned upon.

Just to recap:

She didn't use the N word according to Mixon's testimony.

She didn't spit on him according to the video.

Mixon is likely to end up playing the same number of years before going pro as he would have anyway.  It's just another redshirt like so many good young players do.

Moose Stuff

So I showed this video to my wife and three daughters yesterday and was surprised at their reactions. The wife and the 20 year old both immediately said "if you don't want to get punched then don't push somebody". The 16 year old was appalled more by the idea that literally nobody in the entire establishment made one effort to help her or confront him than she was that he punched her. The 8 year old asked me "what team does he play for" and then said "they should probably just kill him" after I told her he played for OU. She's my favorite.

stbrab

She pushed him. An eye for an eye doesn't give him the right to put his fist through her face...
Agree...I distinctly remember getting slapped by a girl in high school...maybe Freshman or Sophomore year. It was out of the blue. She just walked up to me and slapped me, no reason given. I was talking with a couple of friends. They were just as shocked as I was. One asked me what I did; I said I have no idea. To this day I don't know why she slapped me...she never would tell me. It never entered my mind to hit her back.

netty2424

stbrab said:
Agree...I distinctly remember getting slapped by a girl in high school...maybe Freshman or Sophomore year. It was out of the blue. She just walked up to me and slapped me, no reason given. I was talking with a couple of friends. They were just as shocked as I was. One asked me what I did; I said I have no idea. To this day I don't know why she slapped me...she never would tell me. It never entered my mind to hit her back.
It was a test to see if you liked it. #missedopportunity #betyouwantthatoneback #hashtaggingfordeep

LisaLT

If Molitar hits like a "dude" then maybe she can play DT.

Bob Stoops' explanation is a crock of [ Finebaum ]. I'm sure Mixon isn't going to be cut.

Pharm Frog

According to some folks around here the release of the video was a trial balloon to gauge toxicity level relative to draft positioning. Supposedly they found out that the toxicity level is higher than they hoped and they are running cover with OU fandom apologists.

LSU Game Attendee

Pharm Frog said:
According to some folks around here the release of the video was a trial balloon to gauge toxicity level relative to draft positioning. Supposedly they found out that the toxicity level is higher than they hoped and they are running cover with OU fandom apologists.

The timing of the video release was to maximize the chance that Joe Money totes the football for the Sooners another year.  

Boonescabanaboy

ShreveFrog said:
I read that the city of Norman (PD) withheld the video. Waco / Bayloresque.

Broadcasters sued the city to release video.

Very Bayloresque.  Those who pay more attention have been aware for decades what they had going on down there in Norman.  Most of the time it's not as bad as the Baylor rape stuff, but they have paid players in some form or another forever.

Just a few years ago it was found one of their prized players had access to codes that allowed him to get free gas around town.  Dusty Dvoracek beat his room mate into a coma and got the dreaded red shirt punishment.  Actually, I think his was a medical hardship to get a little extra eligibility.  Before that the car dealership that paid players who didn't show up for work.  That one actually got exposed and resulted in a token NCAA penalty.  The list goes on and on.  Hell, Switzer brags about it publicly now. 

Even just counting the stuff they actually got busted on they are tied for 2nd in NCAA infractions in the country.  The video wasn't released until it made it to the Oklahoma Supreme court. 

It's part of the reason it made the OSU crowd so mad when Thayer Evans wrote that BS article in Sports Illustrated accusing OSU of all this stuff, which an independent investigation cleared us of at our expense $250,000.  He was a lifetime OU insider who worked for some OU publication earlier in his career.

BTW Thayer Evans never denied being caught in a sting operation for homosexual activity at Hobie Point.

Pharm Frog

LSU Game Attendee said:

The timing of the video release was to maximize the chance that Joe Money totes the football for the Sooners another year.  
This was the thinking of a lot of people around here at the time (including me) when they thought it would go out in mid-late January. But JMs people sped up the process to gauge options. The thinking among some boosters is that the local response wasn't as virulent as they thought it would be and they're just a news cycle away from being in the clear.

Pharm Frog

Boonescabanaboy said:

After the Oklahoma Supreme court said he had to. 
Not exactly. The order was to the City of Norman. It was gonna come out but not for several more weeks or months with that order.

Deep Purple

Boonescabanaboy said:
It's part of the reason it made the OSU crowd so mad when Thayer Evans wrote that BS article in Sports Illustrated accusing OSU of all this stuff, which an independent investigation cleared us of at our expense $250,000.
If the guy was being paid $250,000 by OSU, he wasn't an "independent" investigator. That statement, in itself, is very Bayloresque.

cdsfrog

Moose Stuff said:
So I showed this video to my wife and three daughters yesterday and was surprised at their reactions. The wife and the 20 year old both immediately said "if you don't want to get punched then don't push somebody". The 16 year old was appalled more by the idea that literally nobody in the entire establishment made one effort to help her or confront him than she was that he punched her. The 8 year old asked me "what team does he play for" and then said "they should probably just kill him" after I told her he played for OU. She's my favorite.
You seem like the luckiest dad ever. Your kid sounds awesome. Love's football, has excellent extreme opinions that align with yours. God please give me that with Hannah.

Frog-in-law1995

AroundWorldFrog said:
Yes and no. He may have said go ahead and release it to look proactive, but the courts had already ruled it would be released late this year or early next year.
True, but irrelevant to my point, which was that the video was not released this week in order to maximize the potential that Mixon would be forced to stay at OU.