• The KillerFrogs

Major UConn donor demands return of $3 million

joejordan

Does the Walsh complex have impressive cubby holes for our boys to place their gear? Man, those OSU cubby holes are sweeeet!

I obviously didn't watch the stupid video. But the opening shot is of cubby holes.

Cubby holes. The more I type it the funnier it looks.

FrogAbroad

Dang!

You mean, I read this whole thread after the hint of a Feisty v. gdu faceoff and...that was it? Just a freakin' HINT?

I was hoping for one of those good ol' rasslin' plots, where two guys are matched, do a lot of hot-air talkin' 'n' threatenin', then finally square off in the ring. A real "Loser Leaves Town" event.

Dang. That woulda been classic, man.

Texas Otto

Dang!

You mean, I read this whole thread after the hint of a Feisty v. gdu faceoff and...that was it? Just a freakin' HINT?

I was hoping for one of those good ol' rasslin' plots, where two guys are matched, do a lot of hot-air talkin' 'n' threatenin', then finally square off in the ring. A real "Loser Leaves Town" event.

Dang. That woulda been classic, man.

You really think the missed opportunity of the Feisty vs. gdu would have been better than the contents of this letter? Just sayin :mellow:

UConnDoIt4

For you see at Syracuse just like almost every university athletics program I know of captains are chosen by the players not assigned by the coach. That is all!

:tongue:

From a number of outlets and from Cuse posters over at The Boneyard, the problem was he was elected as a captain by the players, but PP had veto power and chose to use it. Thus the ensuing tantrum and dislike of PP and Cuse.

NewFrogFan

This donor needs to check his ego. What a pompous arse...

I don't think so, if he had been part of the process in the past and led to believe he was to be in the future he has a vaild point. In addition, there are a few other stories he alludes to in his letter. 1st point is why Randy Edsall left to start with............are the other allegations made about the AD true or not. I don't think you will find a donor anywhere that writes these kind of checks just putting them in an envelope and watch to see what happens.

I don't think a school the size of UConn can just blow this guy off w/o some consequences. All this is
IMHO.................. :wink:

NewFrogFan

No, people who think that aren't crazy, they're perfectly sane. Malcolm Louden has some influence in coaching hires all right, but it does not come from his athletic donations. It comes from his official service to TCU on the Board of Trustees, his past chairmanship of the Intercollegiate Athletics Committee of the Board, and his current membership on that committee. People who have given many times money more to TCU Athletics than him still have less influence because, unlike him, they don't serve the university in any official capacity. However, I'm pretty confident Malcolm would tell you that no matter what his influence, TCU doesn't always hire according to his preferences and he has been overruled more than once. In two cases I'm aware of, TCU even went so far as to bypass the opinions of all the big cigars and choose the candidate preferred by the student-athletes. One of those was Gary Patterson.

Somehow I dont see Eric Hyman sitting in a circle of football players and taking many votes.......could just be me though.